• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality is not job One at Flatrock

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Quality is definitely not job 1 last time I looked at S650 Mustangs as the panel gaps of the hood towards the fender and front looked better on any korean sheetbox…I remember when I looked at C7 Vettes when they were new they were the worst “quality” I have ever seen…Horrible orange peel , uneven panel gaps and some panels had even paint chips from the panels touching…Same the front fenders on the C8 where the go into the front fascia…A Kia for $25K is better build ! The gaps make your fingers bleed when you wax in the Zaino…🤣At least as bad as Ford quality has been lately with all the recalls seems still better than the stuff GM puts out !
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Wow I'll have to see if I can find that list around here. If you or anyone else locates it please let us know.
Definitely interested!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've purchased or leased 14 brand new Ford or Lincoln vehicles since 2006, including three Mustangs. Also bought new a '16 Z06 and '16 Cadillac ATS4.

I must have gotten lucky every single time, because I've had nothing but great quality products with little to no issues like the elevendy billion problems being whined about here by a select few people.

Meh.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You must be a lucky man but if the products were all so great like you say how come they have so many recalls and quality issues…I dont like to sugar coat things and try to say it like it is and that has nothing to do with whining when GM does not do anything about the LS7 valve drop issue or my Camaro SS 1LE had squeaks and rattles like you wont believe coming even from crazy places like the headliner or the clutch had no clean biting point but warranty was only good for 7.5K miles…I was told its normal ! Oh well she is gone and so is the Camaro because it sold too well and they must have been tired making too many of them…🤣

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
🥱

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
well if it makes anyone here feel better just know that Ford cant even build the racecars right, parts flying off the cars left right and center at Sebring this weekend.
well, dragging your rear thru the dirt berm and ripping the entire ass out wasn't exactly because assembly was bad...

Ford really need to revisit that entire trucklid and bolt on wing notion, though. Did no one run FEA and assume only nice, gentle air flow would ever touch it?

Reactions: Zig

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
huh, so it wasn't just me...
No the judder at engagement and 2nd gear scratch are definitely part of the SS1LE experience as also the squeaks and rattles on the inside...Drove me nuts !

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
well, dragging your rear thru the dirt berm and ripping the entire ass out wasn't exactly because assembly was bad...

Ford really need to revisit that entire trucklid and bolt on wing notion, though. Did no one run FEA and assume only nice, gentle air flow would ever touch it?
normally i would agree, but when theres 58 other cars on track doing the same thing with 0 issues then it really is a build problem, especially when you also have parts flying off from simple taps in the corners that other cars would normally shrug off and not lose the entire rear end over. Dont get me wrong, i WANT the GT3 to do well, but its nowhere near where it needs to be.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I have been a Mustang fan for over 5 decades. The quality issues I have seen on the new 2024 Mustang coming out of Flatrock are just terrible. The hoods do not line up with the fenders at all. One side of the hood will almost be touching the fender corner then the other side of the hood has a gap wider than the Mississippi river. My saleman and I are both Mustang fans he has one on order and I'am looking for one to buy. But after seeing the quality Flatrock is putting out its really is disheartening. We both were just shaking are heads and could not believe the workmanship being put into these cars. Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body and looks like an aftermarket bumper cover not an OEM quality bumper cover. I seen such bad trunk gaps it looks like some kid off the street put the trunk on. I drove one and fell in love with it and should have bought that one because it was the only one that looked like any care was put into it, just did not like the color. If I would have know that most suffer from poor workmanship I would have just bought it. I think Ford really needs to step up the quality in that plant when your paying 60+ it should not look like it was in wreak and just came out of the body shop. The UAW should be ashamed of the quality they are putting out. I hope with this pay raise they get their act together and start paying some attenution to what they are doing because no one is doing any inspections on these cars to have so many quality issues that I see. Who ever is doing the hoods, bumper covers, front end caps and trunks needs to find another job and quit messing up this icon the Mustang and have a little pride in your work people. Sorry for the rant it really is just shocking the quality they are putting out. I really love this Mustang and want one bad but just cannot do it with the workmanship they are putting into them. Hope they get better because I really would like to get one soon.
Was wondering if you or anyone else has any picture of examples of this:

"Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body and looks like an aftermarket bumper cover not an OEM quality bumper cover. I seen such bad trunk gaps it looks like some kid off the street put the trunk on."

I want to know when to look for in this area when I check my GT out that just came in.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
The front hood and fender vertical and horizontal gaps are a 5 min fix DIY.

Whoever is not buying the car just for snagging on that is missing out on the fun.

It’s a mustang, and you probably want it cause of Power / Sound / Design. Enjoy it for what it is.
Sponsored