• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality is not job One at Flatrock

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'm gonna be the odd man out I guess. My car is everything I expected it to be and more. Proud to buy, drive, and own a UAW car. To the men and women of Flat Rock, thank you for building me a beautiful ride. Keep up the good work!
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
@Iceman28 extra screws/bolts are called bonus parts and there are signs for people to watch for them. I Pull extras out when they come by me.

it happens from grabbing a handful of bolts to complete your tasks, occasionally because of the gloves and again having to complete overloaded jobs in 54 seconds a bolt or 2 may slip out of your hand and you have to keep going.

they definitely should grab the extras but if the vehicle is leaving their work area that physically may not be possible.
Simple as that.

And did you get your aero shield back on in under 54 seconds?? Because we definitely have openings and online applications available now to do this “easy and overpaid” work.
Every new hire group a few people quit by lunch of their 1st day on the floor 🤣

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Q6543 Please pass my thanks on to your co-workers. I could not do what you all do with the spirit you all do it with. Ignore the naysayers. You are all top notch in my book and I greatly appreciate all you do. And FWIW I have no problem paying an extra $900 for my next car or truck to make sure you are well compensated for your talents. Similarly my 14 yr old F-150 was assembled at the Rouge and it, too, is an excellent vehicle. No regrets and no complaints. Thank you again to everyone at FRAP, and the Rouge!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wow that’s really nice and positive to read, I’m actually at MAP not FRAP , broncos and rangers.

but a lot of the stuff people complain about translates across to thing I see also, so I was just trying to explain how some of this stuff can happen … that’s all.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that’s really nice and positive to read, I’m actually at MAP not FRAP , broncos and rangers.

but a lot of the stuff people complain about translates across to thing I see also, so I was just trying to explain how some of this stuff can happen … that’s all.
You're still part of the team at Ford building amazing trucks and SUVs every day. Thanks to you, too!

Reactions: Zig

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
The only complaint we have for our car is the driver seat fan makes a noise when you press against the seat. I’m guessing the shroud is off of it so we will take it in soon. I’ve washed the car 4 times in 3 weeks and the panel gaps are very good on our car. Not perfect but very hood and that all I ask for and a reliable powertrain

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Bro you friend needs a better job, welders get $50/hr if they’re decent.

it’s borderline negligent for him to work like that for so little… unless you live in the 3rd world.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My 2015 GT Premium that I special ordered had terrible hood gaps and rear trunk lid fitment. I fixed them myself with a loosen here and a tighten there. Nothing new for Ford and lasted through the 2017 MY. I also had to remove one of my tail lights and add some padding to get it to line up properly. I am hoping to get a '25 model but this, combined with that butt ugly plastic rear valance, might sway me elsewhere.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Aside from a battery that was not fully charged and a few loose screws that the dealer failed to tighten mine is in great shape.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Do we blame the robot or the worker?
LOL, maybe both. The real culprit is the final inspector doing the inspection. He/she just looks at the front hood and says 1 out of 3 ain’t bad meaning 1 is 👌.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm another odd person out. With the exception of a misplaced bumper fascia clip which may have happened during transport or after delivery, my car is almost perfect. One little blob of touch up paint on a door handle and as far as I can tell that's it. I'm still exploring the car so there is a chance I will find other stuff, but the basics like gaps are very consistent and even. Not BMW or Audi sized gaps but flat and even. Thank you guys at Flatrock ! You are appreciated !

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
@Q6543 Please pass my thanks on to your co-workers. I could not do what you all do with the spirit you all do it with. Ignore the naysayers. You are all top notch in my book and I greatly appreciate all you do. And FWIW I have no problem paying an extra $900 for my next car or truck to make sure you are well compensated for your talents. Similarly my 14 yr old F-150 was assembled at the Rouge and it, too, is an excellent vehicle. No regrets and no complaints. Thank you again to everyone at FRAP, and the Rouge!
Don’t delude yourself. The op has good coworkers and some not so good coworkers. That’s pretty much reality in every workplace. Glad you like your vehicles.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
My order is due in with a week or so. After reading of all this poor workmanship, I'm considering not taking delivery. I have purchased many, many, new vehicle (68) and never I heard of such lack of quality control. This is my first domestic purchase in a very long time. I only put down a $500 deposit. If the car is as faulty in person as I read hear, I will refuse the car and eat the $500. Kinda sad that I have been waiting for 3 months probably for nothing.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
You shouldn't have to eat your deposit if the car is not up to your expectation. I believe many of the quality issues were earlier builds. I waited to order so my build so it would happen Job 2 around mid December. No fitment or paint issues. Make sure your dealer does not mess up car prep and cause paint to become marred. Too many dealers shortcut prep.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
You shouldn't have to eat your deposit if the car is not up to your expectation. I believe many of the quality issues were earlier builds. I waited to order so my build so it would happen Job 2 around mid December. No fitment or paint issues. Make sure your dealer does not mess up car prep and cause paint to become marred. Too many dealers shortcut prep.
Good to hear you have no fitment or paint issues. I have a GT on order that's slated to be built at the end of this month. Crossing my fingers that I too get a good built with no issues. This will be the first new car I have purchased in a long, long time so wondering if you have any sort of check list of things you looked for upon taking delivery? I want to go over it with a fine tooth comb when it comes in buy I want to make a list of what to look at and what to look for. Any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored