• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PP missing spoiler - Rebate/Refund from Ford?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
While we are on the topic..

PP spoiler on a Non PP Mustang... Cool or cringe?

The flat lip isn't doing it for me, and I am looking at the limited current options. The PP spoiler is one of them.
Wrong question. I will be adding a Dark Horse spoiler as soon as they are available aftermarket. (Not spending $3k for the Ford one).
The wing is arguably the least important part of the performance pack (that's why you can option a spoiler delete). In my opinion it's all for looks, which is why I'll be adding one (they look great!)

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
The thing is this is a dealer ordered car. I’m too impatient to wait for my order so I’m going to cancel that pick this up. The dealer said they had PP on but factory deleted the spoiler but I am 99% sure that was a wrong statement. They must have put in the spoiler delete option and were not aware of it.

Either way I’m fine with it because I wanted to have my own aftermarket spoiler. Just would have been nice if they reimbursed for the spoiler since they are charging the full amount.
Oh, my bad, didn’t catch the part where you mentioned that it was a dealer order…
I’d still probably ask for some kind of discount, or like a couple free oil changes as some kinda of compensation for the missing part 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I am planning to pick up a S650 GT premium with a PP on it. The dealership says factory deleted the spoiler as it was out of stock when the car was scheduled to build. I asked them if I can get a refund/rebate from ford because I am paying full price for the PP as per the window sticker. They said they will have to check with Ford and cant assure that I would get anything back.

The window sticker says PP and spoiler delete.

Has anyone faced a similar scenario? What will be the best way to handle this?

@Ford Motor Company any comments?
Ours said spoiler delete because we bought a convertible

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured that would be the case. Just wanted to see what others had to say on the forum.

Thank you for the insight!
I figured that would be the case. Just wanted to see what others had to say on the forum.

Thank you for the insight!
You didn’t get performance package according to your info. They come with pp only. Just looked it up, I clicked the spoiler delete and then I clicked it and both times was same price
Some dealers just don’t know everything. Just like they didn’t know I could t get a spoiler with my convertible

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The flat lip isn't doing it for me, and I am looking at the limited current options. The PP spoiler is one of them.
I love spoilers too and we said we definitely want one. Unfortunately they don’t come with convertibles, but they didn’t give us a discount for not getting one with the pp

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wrong question. I will be adding a Dark Horse spoiler as soon as they are available aftermarket. (Not spending $3k for the Ford one).
The wing is arguably the least important part of the performance pack (that's why you can option a spoiler delete). In my opinion it's all for looks, which is why I'll be adding one (they look great!)
When went to the 2024 reveal party in Detroit they said that the wing is actually "detuned" because the car already has sufficient downforce. So the performance spoiler is for looks only and adds nothing because it was designed to be neutral.

I think it looks good on my car but would be just as happy without it. It sort of reminds me of the stealth fighter for looks.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think if you really want that specific car, push the dealer as much as possible and then, when you feel you can't squeeze any more dollar out of the deal, ask them to sell you the PP spoiler at cost...
That would cost them nothing and help you out.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP

i shit you not, ive seen people put a GT500 CFTP style wing on a base 550 Ecoboost, i think youll be fine. After all, its your car, who cares what others think so long as you like it
Sponsored