• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New UK Media Reviews Dark Horse

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/mustang/360724/new-ford-mustang-dark-horse-2023-review
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/mustang-dark-horse

Yes, it's great can still buy a V8 with a manual in the UK, but feeling a bit underwhelmed by the European versions of Dark Horse. We're losing over 50hp, down to less than 450hp thanks to EU regs - less than 6th generation Mach 1 ! The car looks pretty boring, maybe better in the flesh. And they want £60k plus.

Have to say when the 6th generation came out (pre the facelift) at about £36k with a V8 and a manual that seemed a much better buy, plus you didn't get two huge monitors stuck on the dash as a bonus!

As things stand considering whether to keep my current 6th gen GT or maybe import a 6th gen Shleby. Maybe my opinion will change on the Dark Horse, but disapppointed at the moment.
Sponsored

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
WTF, 51hp is a big lost.... I hope the European Union one gets more... So, is the GT gonna have the same 449hp?

OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
My understanding is that all European countries are gonna get circa 450hp. I don't see why we can't at least get a half fat handling pack, one which complies with legislation.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
My understanding is that all European countries are gonna get circa 450hp. I don't see why we can't at least get a half fat handling pack, one which complies with legislation.
thanks for sharing this links. I guess the GT will be 10-15 hp less than Dark Horse otherwise nobody will be buying it. Looks like the only reasonable car to buy in Eu is again the king BWM M2 it's cheaper same or more HP and will be faster as it has turbo on it.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
thanks for sharing this links. I guess the GT will be 10-15 hp less than Dark Horse otherwise nobody will be buying it. Looks like the only reasonable car to buy in Eu is again the king BWM M2 it's cheaper same or more HP and will be faster as it has turbo on it.
So, 440-435hp? New model with less hp than the previous one....

OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
No problem.
Yes, so the GT will likely be around 430-440hp.
Problem for me with the new M2 is the styling, just couldn't live with something that looks like a Lego model.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem.
Yes, so the GT will likely be around 430-440hp.
Problem for me with the new M2 is the styling, just couldn't live with something that looks like a Lego model.
I only care about lap times and I'm sure M2 faster than Dark Horse.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Have they stated where the info with 450hp comes from?
You have as much info as us with the reviews, but i have no reason to doubt them at this stage. Seems like we’ll be getting less than 450hp.
Wonder what the fine would be if Ford ignored the emission rules and gave us full fat 500hp? Could they add this onto the price of the car if not prohibitively expensive?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
So the new Mustang might be even slower than the previous model in Europe. WTF Ford.
Have they stated where the info with 450hp comes from?
German magazine report the same. Final numbers might change a bit, but 440 bhp for GT and 450bhp for DH is really underwhelming. So we bascially get a slower car then previous gen. Honestly who spends 80k€ on a Dark Horse with no handling package, less power then previous Bullitt and Mach 1 and therefore most likely even less sound that the outgoing models.

Why should anybody trade in their 18-23 Mustang for a slower car?

Topmodell Ford Mustang Dark Horse im Fahrbericht | AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT (auto-motor-und-sport.de)
Ford Mustang Dark Horse (2024) im Test: Neuer Name, altes Lied? (motor1.com)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the new Mustang might be even slower than the previous model in Europe. WTF Ford.

German magazine report the same. Final numbers might change a bit, but 440 bhp for GT and 450bhp for DH is really underwhelming. So we bascially get a slower car then previous gen. Honestly who spends 80k€ on a Dark Horse with no handling package, less power then previous Bullitt and Mach 1 and therefore most likely even less sound that the outgoing models.

Why should anybody trade in their 18-23 Mustang for a slower car?

Topmodell Ford Mustang Dark Horse im Fahrbericht | AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT (auto-motor-und-sport.de)
Ford Mustang Dark Horse (2024) im Test: Neuer Name, altes Lied? (motor1.com)
this mean that S550 second hand market will be very strong in Europe.

OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Yes on these numbers, there seems little point in trading in the S550. If i had a 18 refresh model I might trade it in as the design has improved on the front end. But not worth it on the pre face lift models. Except for the Mach 1.
Sponsored