• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to Ford/Mustang - Dumb things I have noticed

Rushstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
First, let me say I love the car. Here are some things I just don't understand.
1. All outlets run hot.
2. Why are the radio controls on the right side of the steering wheel?Wouldn't the left hand side make more sense? Especially for those with a stick.
3. Why can't there be a choice for a blank center screen in the dash section. Just the pony would be nice.
4. The stupid seatbelt retainer.
5. So it takes two entries to turn off the AC, but one push to enable cruise control.
6. The navigation info should show up on the top of the dash screen instead of the botton just above the PRNDM.
7. The star button is useless.
8. Why leave the first button blank for us with a GT?
9. Infotainment split screen options. Only like 3 or 4 options. How many places does one need to see the crappy MPG.

Feel free to add to this list.....
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
2. Why are the radio controls on the right side of the steering wheel?Wouldn't the left hand side make more sense? Especially for those with a stick.
its how it was on the S550 and S197. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
3. Why can't there be a choice for a blank center screen in the dash section. Just the pony would be nice.
Settings->center screen->calm mode
mustang features->favorites button-> chose option (calm mode is one of the options)

honestly my biggest wtf thing from the car is the fact it doesnt auto-load the last driving mode. whats the point of having a custom mode when the car defaults to normal anyway?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
1. All outlets run hot.
5. So it takes two entries to turn off the AC, but one push to enable cruise control.
6. The navigation info should show up on the top of the dash screen instead of the botton just above the PRNDM.
9. Infotainment split screen options. Only like 3 or 4 options. How many places does one need to see the crappy MPG.

No lights where you need them first. If you need lights by your feet to drive, there is a problem. Trying to open the garage door in the dark because you canā€™t see the 3 buttons is a pita. Also the glove box and center console

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
#8 is the feature that isnā€™t. The blank spot is an indicator the vehicle isnā€™t beholden to auto stop start.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
whats the point of having a custom mode when the car defaults to normal anyway?
Safety.

Consider your custom mode might involve something akin to track mode (with Traction Control disabled). Someone else uses the car (family member, Ford Tech, etc.) with your custom settings active, and...you get the idea.

Defaulting to Normal ensures whomever initially gets behind the wheel will not be "surprised" by how the car acts and possibly have an accident.

While many Members here might be aware of these options and settings, most people getting behind the wheel are not. Or, they forget, are in a rush, etc.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
1. All outlets run hot.

Not to dismiss your feeedback, but none of this is really Ford/Mustang specific. It's mostly S650 specific.

Last edited:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I turn my A/C off and one with one press. Not sure why it takes you two.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
1. All outlets run hot.

1. That is stupid.
2. I agree this is also stupid, but I personally wouldn't be adjusting my radio if I'm shifting - I don't see the need.
3. Calm screen under display settings.
4. Probably useful for shorter drivers so it doesn't choke them/dig into their neck. Taller drivers like myself and potentially you don't need this.
5. That's because of the removal of the physical button. Cruise activation with one button is convenient IMO, no need to press the set button after enabling - just hold your foot and start. Turning AC off is one extra press but not a terribly bad inconvenience - again, IMO.
6. Admittedly could have better placement, I agree.
7. It's a button that's used for a favorite setting activation. If I were driving an auto I'd set it to track mode exhaust, in a manual I'd set it to rev match - I'd like to stay quiet but I'd probably be turning rev match on/off more often.
8. It's supposed to be for auto stop/start. The early GTs aren't getting it, IIRC.
9. You can close it in most screens. I'd just set mine to the music/nav if it were me.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Yā€™all remember those huge rotating searchlights they used to bring in on a trailer for the grand opening of a new K-Mart or maybe a county fair? Iā€™m wondering if maybe we could find a little smaller stick-on LED version of those so folks could find their cup holders and console lids in the dark?

Itā€˜s hard to believe Ford concentrates on the picayune little stuff like engine development so we can continue to enjoy these wonderful beasts a few more years but lets the big stuff like insufficient interior lighting go.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
May be designed so that you can't try and adjust the radio while shifting, I think that is a good thing.

KathiM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Mini E
honestly my biggest wtf thing from the car is the fact it doesnt auto-load the last driving mode. whats the point of having a custom mode when the car defaults to normal anyway?
You will find that on all (most) of todays vehicles. It is a homologation thing. The default mode is the relevant mode for the official stats like fuel consumption, drive by noise, etc.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
You will find that on all (most) of todays vehicles. It is a homologation thing. The default mode is the relevant mode for the official stats like fuel consumption, drive by noise, etc.
I'm not certain on this, but I speculate it may be a requirement for the car to default to Normal mode in order to maintain its current EPA mileage ratings. I think this is the reason that the Auto Start/Stop on many cars automatically turns on each time the car is started, rather than keeping the last used setting. I read a while back that the manufacturers could not use the mileage rating including the Auto Start/Stop function if the consumer were allowed to force the care to override it permanently. I'm guessing it could be the same situation with the drive setting. Again, just my speculation.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If I set my 2011 gt to track type settings the car will revert back to normal when the car is turned off. So this has been around.

KathiM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Mini E
I'm not certain on this, but I speculate it may be a requirement for the car to default to Normal mode in order to maintain its current EPA mileage ratings. I think this is the reason that the Auto Start/Stop on many cars automatically turns on each time the car is started, rather than keeping the last used setting. I read a while back that the manufacturers could not use the mileage rating including the Auto Start/Stop function if the consumer were allowed to force the care to override it permanently. I'm guessing it could be the same situation with the drive setting. Again, just my speculation.
Exactly what I was trying to say. Official, legal related specs are based on the default setting. I actually know this for certain for Germany.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
1. All outlets run hot.

2. RIGHT?!
4. They're nearly useless on the coupe. Honestly they come undone every time I take it off and put it back on.
Sponsored