• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm gonna be bold here, very bold. I don't believe this is an s650 for a variety of reasons. One, the wording behind this reveal. The only time I've seen Ford refer to the mustang as adding another horse to the stable, or expanding the mustang brand, was when they were referring to new mustang models entirely. When the mach-e was revealed, Ford referred to it an an addition to the stable, and growing the brand. Whereas with the s650, they tend to just refer to varying trims as new derivatives. They referred to this new model as an addition to the stable, so unless they're messing around with wording, that's them hinting that this is its own unique model.

Additionally, that image is very clearly not an s650. The proportions are massively different. So there are two options, either that's an actual design and it's probably some sort of EV mustang coupe, not a terrible option if it's gonna be sold alongside the ICE V8 mustang. But that's unlikely considering Farley shut down the idea of an EV mustang just a few months ago, so it's highly unlikely this is an electric coupe.

So then, the other option, let's assume that teaser image is fake, and not the actual car. You have to ask yourself why. If it was just an s650, there would be no point to doing that, we all know what the s650 looks like, we all know the Shelby variants will still look like s650s. If it's just a new gt 500, then the design is almost certainly finalized, or the close to it. So if that's what it was, you would think Ford would just take a close up pic of the hood vents or something to tease it, rather than hinting at it with a placeholder fake design.Why tease a fake design instead of the real design if it's just another s650?

Lots of questions, but what if this is a mid engine mustang to compete with the c8? Seems bold, but think about it. That would be a new mustang model, an extension of the mustang brand like they said. All of a sudden, the placeholder fake design makes sense, Ford's way of teasing without giving away too much. If they tried to hint at a mid engine mustang profile for instance, everyone would immediately say "That's mid engine". Having this fake design teases something is coming, without tipping their hand as to what. Which would only make sense if they were really trying to surprise people and do something they weren't expecting.
If it is indeed another new model to the Mustang family and the silhouette is a red herring, oh I have quite a few thoughts on this...

The one I just thought of is "What if this is the Mustang Raptor?" (I'm pretty sure I've seen quite a few rumors on this one, on Ford Authority for sure, possibly on Motor1 as well. And yes, I know this would technically most likely be another trim for the Mustang coupe, but just wanted to throw this one out there while I still had the thought in my mind.)

I'd readily/heartily welcome a Mustang sedan! However, would it be as large as a Charger or more of a mid-size as opposed to full-size sedan? (Also, would this model benefit from AWD as an option alongside RWD?)

The mid-engine Mustang would be interesting to see come to fruition. That said, what purpose would it serve in Ford's lineup? (Maybe it would slot in between the Mustang and the GTD? Would this mid-engine Mustang specifically target supercars as opposed to sports cars and muscle cars with the traditional 'Stang?)

Last thought, I would laugh out of my seat if they revealed it to be a Ute Mustang.
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713400057130-f5

I would love to call this the new GT500 but my first impression is that this is a generated picture - not a taken one. Besides, if it were a taken photo than anything other than an electric would be concerning. I see zero aero on that car and especially the gt500 with it's massive hood would stand out...

So my guess is that this is not a real car not will it have a lot in common with future derivatives as it is just a made up silhouette. Think of the silver sculpture we were discussing before the s650 was revealed.

In addition, I expect a future GT500 to be very similar to what we had in the past. Maybe they push for the 800hp but other than that I don't expect them to do anything that different from what we had, except in terms of pricing -.-

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
Looks for me like a S550 silhouette. Look at the shape of the hood at the headlights and the rear shoulder. Maybe they bring this time the Shelby based on the S550 facelift 😂😂

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713441311041-v

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If i guess it do i get it

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
I'm just taking some shots at guessing here but maybe it's an S650 Cobta Jet?? That could be a drag race style wing hanging off the back!
Did they give any idea as to when we would find out what it is?
A no vin tag Boss 429 to replace the Cobra Jet could be a possibility too!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
My guess would be a Cobra, as the rear fender looks flared, along with the large rear wing

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
I have no idea what it is or isn’t.

But as a hard core ICE guy I truly hope it is a hybrid whatever given that would instantly take me out of the market and save me the angst of potentially trading.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
My crystal ball says it is the aluminum bodied Dark Horse with the 5.8 BOSS package…🤣

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
It’s got be a Ford Shelby variant of some sort. Definitely an ICE 2 door coupe of some sort. No Electric/hybrid as flat rock is NOT setup to build that kind of platform. The Flat Rock Plant would need some serious investment/R&D from Ford to build a different powertrain for the Mustang.
Flat Rock isn't set up for poorly built EVs but Mexico is!

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713451826659-89

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I would love to see a new GT500 or Cobra

raceheart77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
It's a S650. I bet It will be a supercharged version (GT500 or Ford's own non Shelby variant). A AWD would really require a new chassis design altogether to do it the right way.