• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I have previously heard that Ford doesn't build their highest performance cars (Mach 1, GT350, GT500) because of the possible liability from the summer only tires that are a part of those packages.

I am wondering if no scheduling of the DH HP is not because of any contrained availability of parts but is because of the Trofeo RS tires in the Dark Horse HP?

Pretty flipping stupid and idiotic, I am pretty sure (Damn sure in my case) that people would prefer that they install all season tires in the wintertime if they can get their car built and delivered as ordered with the rest of the HP!!

Especially as most owners are dumping those "New fangled, bespoke" tires first chance they get anyway!!!

YOU LISTENING FORD!?!!?!?!!
It's the Trofeos, they did the same thing with the M1 HP. We knew this was coming, doesn't suck less. To be fair, I do want the tires, they will be my track set.
Hell, by then there might be more than a few DH on the used market as people that have to have the latest new thing move on.
I was refering to ordering a 25 60th anniversary. That will be the latest thing next year, and the exact same thing could happen. Im gonna stick with my 24 order, Im sure id rather enjoy it next summer than wait even longer.
Sponsored

_J¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
I still believe that Ford shitcanned all the first day orders, especially the Dark Horse. I haven't heard of very many that ordered on 3/27 get their cars, but people who ordered the exact same spec months later got their cars already!
The bad part about that is, the same thing could happen again and then you are waiting for another year.
On the bright side, we will have the chance to see more data, issues, performance upgrades, etc.. on the people who currently have theirs.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Lol wow. April at the earliest. Fun times.

I called this so long ago, but was hoping I was wrong. I think ill have the 21 Mach 1 guys beat with the wait, it will be 14 months from order date to delivery if I get scheduled in April, and that's a BIG if.
I have seen quite a few new ones on cars.com for sale

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My production week just slid to the right. Now the week of 10/9. Anyone else in October move? I wonder if they're preparing for a strike?
Mine went from week of 10/2 to week of 10/16....

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I still think it is absolutely asnine to not build an entire car because of a disposable set of tires that aren't going to last 5,000 miles at best or 5 minutes of drifting in the case of Middleton Motorsports:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I have seen quite a few new ones on cars.com for sale
Me too, and not 1 in my exact spec, and most very much over MSRP, so none of that really helps. Im not paying over MSRP and I'm not settling for one that is not my spec so I can wait or find something else. Guess I'll wait.

Cyclonefe427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 gt convertible 24 dark horse
My production week just slid to the right. Now the week of 10/9. Anyone else in October move? I wonder if they're preparing for a strike?
Yeah I went from 10/2 to 10/9. Dark horse premium with handling package. Curious if I’ll get bumped to April now

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too, and not 1 in my exact spec, and most very much over MSRP, so none of that really helps. Im not paying over MSRP and I'm not settling for one that is not my spec so I can wait or find something else. Guess I'll wait.
Give me all you are looking for and I will keep my eyes open

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still believe that Ford shitcanned all the first day orders, especially the Dark Horse. I haven't heard of very many that ordered on 3/27 get their cars, but people who ordered the exact same spec months later got their cars already!
That is so wrong!

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My dealer told me a week ago that this week Im getting scheduled and I have the DH with blue ember,10 speed, AP/HP Im praying it did get scheduled for this week he said I should get a vin this week 🙏🏽🤞🏽

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
That is so wrong!
Yeah I ordered 3/27 order didnt go in until 3/29 and havent hear anything yet so i order another DH in july from a different dealer and last week they (second dealer) told me i should get scheduled this week as well as i should get my vin. Same spec and everything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (ordered)
Damn. My dealer with two order allocations still hasn't heard about any scheduling on either... Northern Indiana. My main desire for HP is the styling and wheels. I'm sure aftermarket will have my back on those within a year or two.
My dealer also has two allocations with no movement. I was also a day one order. Super frustrating

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Damn. My dealer with two order allocations still hasn't heard about any scheduling on either... Northern Indiana. My main desire for HP is the styling and wheels. I'm sure aftermarket will have my back on those within a year or two.
I actually called my dealer and dropped HP and Recaros last week. I'm thinking along the same lines. I really like the wider wheels and tires. I'm sure LMR will have something just like they have Mach 1 HP wheels now.

The other factor (besides anticipating winter no build) was that I'd being buying a second set of tires for daily driving right away in order to save the Trofeos.

The Recaros I dropped because after this summer, I'm good with having ventilated seats.

Hoping my dealer calls saying I can be scheduled.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I ordered 3/27 order didnt go in until 3/29 and havent hear anything yet so i order another DH in july from a different dealer and last week they (second dealer) told me i should get scheduled this week as well as i should get my vin. Same spec and everything
It’s just crazy. Doesn’t look like they will be built now until April. I see a lot on cars.com, but have noticed they have the prices jacked up. Hate when dealers are so greedy
Sponsored