• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MEGAZILLA - Coming to S650?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Courtesy of Ford Authority

" Ford Performance has been working on developing a more powerful variant of the existing naturally-aspirated Ford 7.3 V8 Godzilla powerplant dubbed Megazilla. At that time, the automaker didn’t share any more details on this new engine other than the fact that it will produce more power than the Godzilla, which generates 430 horsepower and 475 pound-feet of torque. Now, this new trademark filing for Megazilla hints that this new powerplant may very well be offered in crate motor form, too.....

S650 Mustang MEGAZILLA - Coming to S650? Zilla.PNG

What’s particularly interesting about this Megazilla patent is the fact that it doesn’t just list this potential offering as an ICE-powered engine – but rather, an electric motor as well. It’s unclear what this means for the future use of the Megazilla name, though it’s worth noting that the recently-released Eluminator is the automaker’s very first electric crate motor, and is derived from the Ford Mustang Mach-E GT. However, at least for the time being, it certainly seems like the Megazilla will be offered as a more powerful, performance-focused version of the existing Godzilla gas engine, if it does indeed come to fruition."
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I just want to point out that the Japanese Market Nissan Skyline is referred to as
Godzilla.

Ford own the US automotive trade marks for Skyline(part of why Nissan renamed it to just GT-R when it went global with the R35) and Godzilla.

Ford can make a Skyline with a Godzilla.......

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I just want to point out that the Japanese Market Nissan Skyline is referred to as
Godzilla.

Ford own the US automotive trade marks for Skyline(part of why Nissan renamed it to just GT-R when it went global with the R35) and Godzilla.

Ford can make a Skyline with a Godzilla.......
If a BMW can identify as a Toyota, why the hell not?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I hope they don't put this motor in the GT500, hell no!

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But.......why not?

A boosted 7.3 could be very interesting. Nothing wrong with old school pushrods.

I don't think it's wrong, just don't want that old pushrod heap in a road going GT500 car. I think it's moving backwards. The coyote is already proven.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
The coyote is already proven.
Yea, but pretty maxed out as a production engine and I don't see Ford investing in increasing the bore centers in the current hate for ICE engines.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, but pretty maxed out as a production engine and I don't see Ford investing in increasing the bore centers in the current hate for ICE engines.
I'm talking about adding forced induction to it for the GT500.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
The more variants the better, I say. We're nearing the end of the road, like or not and every company should go out with a bang, IMHO. The 7.3 in the Mustang would be freakin' cool. It'll give us options between a GT and DH. Something for the straight-line boys and girls!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Folks have been saying the coyote was “maxed out” since 2011…
That was pretty much the best version of it. Spray bores and DI are not improvements in my opinion. Forced induction is fine and all, but more cubes are sorely needed. Or less weight in the car.

Edit: not that I'm a fan of the pushrod engine. It could be an improvement on the Coyote - I think Chevy made 570 with the LS7, but I'd much rather see a larger DOHC V8.
Sponsored