• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Megazilla crate engine for the GT350?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
https://www.motor1.com/news/626445/ford-megazilla-crate-engine-debuts/

Ford just debuted its new upgraded Godzilla crate engine called Megazilla. It's built to fit into cars, creates over 600hp and from my perspective would be a no Brainerd for a new GT350. It's not a flat-plane but I think we all know that that is never going to happen again... Instead it offers 7.3L of displacement and I like that a lot.

What do you think about that, has anyone heard anything in that direction? Can there be a better marketing move than offering a new crate engine and a fitting performance car along its side in order to display the product?!
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
With an iron block, I can't see this doing much for handling, so in a GT350? Not for me.

But a Hell Horse? Sure, why not :like:

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
Yeah, they definitely wouldn’t put this together with the Gt350 nameplate. Maybe a straight line boss 429 since it have the 7.0 + in displacement

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
With an iron block, I can't see this doing much for handling, so in a GT350? Not for me.

But a Hell Horse? Sure, why not :like:
At 580lbs without any FI, keep this thing the hell away from my Mustangs 😂

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Only 55 horsepower away from the Z06 flat plane engine while making 200 lb ft of torque more. Throw a bit more power at the engine with an aluminum block in a car with what they learn from the dark horse race car variants and you would have an amazing car. Of course it’ll probably be like a 100,000 car though.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Not being sarcastic here, but when was the last time a crate engine was announced and then a special edition car revealed afterward WITH said crate engine included? Isn't it usually the other way around?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
https://www.motor1.com/news/626445/ford-megazilla-crate-engine-debuts/

Ford just debuted its new upgraded Godzilla crate engine called Megazilla. It's built to fit into cars, creates over 600hp and from my perspective would be a no Brainerd for a new GT350. It's not a flat-plane but I think we all know that that is never going to happen again... Instead it offers 7.3L of displacement and I like that a lot.

What do you think about that, has anyone heard anything in that direction? Can there be a better marketing move than offering a new crate engine and a fitting performance car along its side in order to display the product?!
I just don't see the point of putting a massive truck engine that's presumably quite heavy in a sports car. Especially if said variant of the sports car was meant to offer better handling than lower trim models. Putting a ton of extra weight right over the front wheels isn't a good idea. This engine only makes sense for a cobra jet/demon rival. Something that can be tuned for a lot of power to maximize straight line acceleration, but not much else.

I'm guessing the gt350 successor will receive some variant of the 5.4 that's going to be used for some mustang race cars. A 5.4 that makes over 600 hp NA while revving like crazy and is race proven is far more appealing than throwing a truck engine in there and destroying the balance of the car. We've heard rumors about this 6.8 thing, but that's prob dead, doubt it even got off the ground to begin with.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2 Kona Blue 2015 Focus Titanium
Nice restomod engine for those who don't want to move to an LS. It will take some time for the aftermarket to come up to speed with the LS and unless Ford Performance creates an aluminum block version of this, I don't see this being a smart Mustang engine for HPDE.
Sponsored