• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have?

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Waiting (like everyone here) for my new GT Convertible. I got the GT performance, the premium 401a, and the active valve exhaust. I am using this as a daily driver and I'm never taking it on a track. I didn't order the Magneride and now I hear the initial reviews and several have positively commented on it. Hope I didn't make a mistake leaving it off my order. When is enough, enough? Is this really a must have? Thoughts and suggestions....as always....are appreciated!
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
enough is enough when you feel like it is. end of the day nothing is really "required" here, if you can afford it and want it, then go for it, if you cant but want a better ride later on there are numerous options in the aftermarket. me personally, i know i can afford it, and ive heard good things about it so i figured, after 5 years with my live axle suspension setup, id splurge a little extra for it since i could easily afford it in my budget.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Magneride as a stock suspension is great. I plan on "upgrading" my suspension, so I don't value it as much as someone who plans to leave their car stock. That's part of the reason these are "options" and not standard equipment.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Magneride as a stock suspension is great. I plan on "upgrading" my suspension, so I don't value it as much as someone who plans to leave their car stock. That's part of the reason these are "options" and not standard equipment.
MagneRide is just the struts. You can still upgrade your springs / sway bars without touching the struts and still have the advantage of the active dampening within the system. You would still need a tune to do so however

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Thanks for sharing that, I hadn't seen it before. Like most things in life, it appears to be about 50/50 for and against Magneride. I didn't order it and I think I'm going to live without it. If my back takes a beating I'll address if aftermarket. Thanks again!
What is your spec? Is there a chance once will be available at an other dealer a month later that has it and you’ll be upset you didn’t just grab that one?

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Waiting (like everyone here) for my new GT Convertible. I got the GT performance, the premium 401a, and the active valve exhaust. I am using this as a daily driver and I'm never taking it on a track. I didn't order the Magneride and now I hear the initial reviews and several have positively commented on it. Hope I didn't make a mistake leaving it off my order. When is enough, enough? Is this really a must have? Thoughts and suggestions....as always....are appreciated!
It should have been included with the performance pack, and just made it like another grand more... It's included on the Camaro SS 1LE track pack, along with a tremec, wider wheels, eLSD, trans & diff coolers, the dual mode exhaust andddd even heated & cooled recaro seats...... all for 7k.

S650 Mustang Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have? 1690411463182

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
I never got it on my Camaro and never regretted it. I had it on my C8 and never noticed it. I am not a track guy quite frankly have not seen enough data to get it. Seems like a marketing tool in my opinion. High margin accessory.

I am happy to be proved wrong.

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
I had it on my V8 R8 1st gen. Not a lot of difference and it started leaking after a while.
Very pricey to replace so I got coil overs from K&W - much better.

Didnt order Magride on my GT premium manual. No PP either.
Might do a full overhaul later.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I originally wanted it. Here is a snippet of what I posted in this thread: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/2024-mustangs-displayed-at-carlisle-ford-nationals.157127/

“I talked with a Ford Performance Engineer. Granted he is fairly newly out of college, but he has already driven all of the new Mustangs. He had also worked on the Ranger Raptor for a little bit.
I was asking mainly about the MagnaRide. He said while you might notice a little difference for normal driving, like hard cornering, it is mainly a benefit if you track the car. Take that info how you like.
For me, since the only reason I was thinking about the PP on a GT, was so I could get MagnaRide. I had no other need for PP, as I do not plan to track the car, so that helped seal the deal for me; no PP or MagnaRide for me, if I go GT.
Can still upgrade to the 19” brakes without getting PP.”

There is another thread you might want to read: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/gt-with-or-without-performance-pack.157109/

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Handles a little better, rides a little more comfortably. It reacts with the different modes in the vehicle since it is active dampening. You’re only going to really notice a difference at the track. If you’re heavily modding your vehicle and or already looking to go aftermarket with suspension don’t get it. It is not necessary

me? I’m waiting for FP to release something like this so that I can still utilize my MR

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-mustang-magneride-handling-pack-m-9602-m.html?utm_content=Handling - Other|Ford Performance&T5_Var4=409564&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&utm_campaign=AM+Brands+Medium+LTVTop&intl=0&dialogtech=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAjwq4imBhBQEiwA9Nx1Bhsy0fNum8iBp_-_WPBa2NP1vRlBIvBnnSfUzdjwfECUBVIbdttFaxoC1bsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I never got it on my Camaro and never regretted it. I had it on my C8 and never noticed it. I am not a track guy quite frankly have not seen enough data to get it. Seems like a marketing tool in my opinion. High margin accessory.

I am happy to be proved wrong.
I had it on both of my C7 Z06's and to be honest, I really didn't use it that much either. I usually kept mine in "Sport" mode when I drove. I would wager a guess that a vast majority (myself included) of those who purchase Corvettes and other performance cars never come close to using them to their full potential. I agree. Not a necessity.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
It should have been included with the performance pack, and just made it like another grand more... It's included on the Camaro SS 1LE track pack, along with a tremec, wider wheels, eLSD, trans & diff coolers, the dual mode exhaust andddd even heated & cooled recaro seats...... all for 7k.

1690411463182.png
Agree, I can't believe it wasn't a standard part of the performance package. Then to make matters worse you can't order it as an option UNLESS you have the PP. I don't get it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I had it on both of my C7 Z06's and to be honest, I really didn't use it that much either. I usually kept mine in "Sport" mode when I drove. I would wager a guess that a vast majority (myself included) of those who purchase Corvettes and other performance cars never come close to using them to their full potential. I agree. Not a necessity.
You use it all the time! It isn't just a three setting damper thing. They work in a different way to normal dampers all the time
Sponsored