• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
If MR was a $2000 option instead of $13,000 (forced upgrade to Premium and PP), it's worth doing, even though Ford's MR programming is 'meh' at best. If the GT doesn't come with the same SKU as what the Mach1/GT500 use, then replace the front dampers with those. Assuming Ford hasn't gone and done something stupid like making the 650 incompatible with S550 parts...

You can get a very GOOD set of coil overs (not KR) for $3-5000 so unless you're already comfortable overpaying for "premium" interior and "performance pack" parts, it's a LOUSY deal.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Take a drive around Atlanta and then ask.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Take a drive around Atlanta and then ask.
heh, I just need to go around Fairfax county (beltway DC) to know the value of MR. In the abstract. That doesn't mean I'm going to drop 13K for the privilege.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
heh, I just need to go around Fairfax county (beltway DC) to know the value of MR. In the abstract. That doesn't mean I'm going to drop 13K for the privilege.
Gonna have to say not as bad. If I’m allowed to reference prior posts: if my teeth and fingers are worth 13k count me in.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I agree. If you don't care for or don't want to pay for the premium and PP stuff, it's going to be crazy hard to justify MR rather than going elsewhere for a suspension upgrade. Personally, I love the other upgrades, and had them on my s550, regretting only not having gotten MR on it. This time, I got MR and love it.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Havin
If MR was a $2000 option instead of $13,000 (forced upgrade to Premium and PP), it's worth doing, even though Ford's MR programming is 'meh' at best. If the GT doesn't come with the same SKU as what the Mach1/GT500 use, then replace the front dampers with those. Assuming Ford hasn't gone and done something stupid like making the 650 incompatible with S550 parts...

You can get a very GOOD set of coil overs (not KR) for $3-5000 so unless you're already comfortable overpaying for "premium" interior and "performance pack" parts, it's a LOUSY deal.
Having had both, I prefer the MR. It’s nice to be able to scroll through ride preferences on MR vs having to physically adjust coil overs. If it’s not a track car who wants to get out to do adjustments for a particular part of town you feel like some spirited driving. F that, flip a switch and go.
Sponsored