• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
For the UK Magneride is a big step up on the standard setup for road use. The car rides extremely well and maintains good tyre contact. You can really feel the dampers working too, quite relaxed damping for smaller imperfections but tightens up noticeably for larger deflections. Don't confuse with simple 3 stage dampers that just have 3 valve settings, these dampers adjust on the fly as you drive along.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
you wont really be able to tell a difference between the two until you drive a Magneride equipped car then drive another version of that same car without Magneride. theres a reason why Chevy adds it to their top end cars and from what ive seen from the likes of TDIB, Magneride is very noticeable compared to stock suspension, but like i said. its entirely not needed to enjoy the Mustang, is a nice upgrade over whats already there, but you can do a lot of what it does with the aftermarket later if you really want it.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You use it all the time! It isn't just a three setting damper thing. They work in a different way to normal dampers all the time
I feel like a lot of people are missing this point and saying things like "since I don't do track driving it isn't worth it." Whereas most every review of cars with MR have been saying it's great for road driving because of how it handles and soaks up all the imperfections leading to more confidence and better grip.

I think it's the exact opposite of what most people here are mentioning: if you want to track the car regularly, don't get it. Spend that money on track specific suspension upgrades. For street driving, it's a great option.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I feel like a lot of people are missing this point and saying things like "since I don't do track driving it isn't worth it." Whereas most every review of cars with MR have been saying it's great for road driving because of how it handles and soaks up all the imperfections leading to more confidence and better grip.

I think it's the exact opposite of what most people here are mentioning: if you want to track the car regularly, don't get it. Spend that money on track specific suspension upgrades. For street driving, it's a great option.
100% agree

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

I could tell a difference in the 3 suspension settings on my Z06's, I just chose to drive it in Sport mode all the time. Both were toys and I put about 1,500 fair weather miles on them a year. I guess I'm old school when it comes to the handling and ride of a sports/performance car. To me, feeling road imperfections is part of owning a sports car. A lot of my buddies used the Touring mode at the drag strip because you get a softer launch. Had I taken long trips in it, I would have probably used the Touring mode. I drove my '16 Z06 in Track mode about 2 minutes and it nearly jarred my teeth out. Chevrolet recommends that you don't drive in that mode on the street and now I understand why.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I had it on both of my C7 Z06's and to be honest, I really didn't use it that much either. I usually kept mine in "Sport" mode when I drove. I would wager a guess that a vast majority (myself included) of those who purchase Corvettes and other performance cars never come close to using them to their full potential. I agree. Not a necessity.
Your ass cheeks must have built in secondary shocks to handle riding in a Z06 in sport mode most of the time.

I loved them on my GT350 but left them in comfort 90% of the time. Sport and track just made the car skittish on anything but glass roads.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Your ass cheeks must have built in secondary shocks to handle riding in a Z06 in sport mode most of the time.
Seriously, never really bothered me. As I said, both of them were toys and I seldom put more than 40-50 miles on them during a drive.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
It should have been included with the performance pack, and just made it like another grand more... It's included on the Camaro SS 1LE track pack, along with a tremec, wider wheels, eLSD, trans & diff coolers, the dual mode exhaust andddd even heated & cooled recaro seats...... all for 7k.

1690411463182.png
I know that if mine gets pushed in to September I will be looking at the Camaro again. Would actually save a few thousand dollars.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I know that if mine gets pushed in to September I will be looking at the Camaro again. Would actually save a few thousand dollars.

Yeah I could get a fully loaded 2SS 1LE for like 53k... Which is almost 10k cheaper than the GT I have spec'd. I just want something on a newer platform.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Yeah I could get a fully loaded 2SS 1LE for like 53k... Which is almost 10k cheaper than the GT I have spec'd. I just want something on a newer platform.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. The Camaro’s options are nice. What do you have now?

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. The Camaro’s options are nice. What do you have now?
right now just a 2023 Kia sportage hybrid as a DD. I sold my "fun" car a 2019 MX-5 2 months ago thinking the mustang was gonna come sooner lol.. I also had a 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE that I sold in 2019 to get the the MX-5...

In a perfect world I'd have 3 cars... a DD, the mx-5, and a muscle car.. You simply can't replicate the feeling of "light weight" that the MX-5 gives you.

S650 Mustang Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have? 1690510626352
S650 Mustang Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have? 1690510648790
S650 Mustang Magneride Damping System .... Is it a must have? 1690510673126

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i

+1. If you're going to primarily use this car at the track, chances are the MagneRide shocks won't be tuned properly for the increased spring rates of a track suspension.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
in my opinion, MagneRide is worth every cent. sure it locks you out of any non-sport steering mode outside of the normal suspension mode, but the ride quality is definitely better because it can adjust on the fly and doesn't have to be set up to be alright at everything like the regular suspension. i've gotten to drive a fair few S550s with and without it and while it's not totally night and day difference, it's sorta noticeable. supposedly in drag strip mode it softens the shocks for more grip, too. the S650 added a new trick with active pothole mitigation, so it might even save you from needing a new wheel and tire or two. i know a Mach 1 vs EcoBoost isn't 100% apples to apples, and i might have a bias, but my EcoBoost definitely does not ride as well as my Mach 1 did, but that doesn't mean it rides bad

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
I had it in the GT350, Mach 1 and Bullitt and felt it wasn’t necessary this go around. Shocks are just 1 component in the very complex world of suspension and there will always be something “better”. The technology is cool and it is marginally better than standard shocks, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessary.

Fwiw, I had a 2020 ZL1 and 2017 2SS w/MRC and the GM version is quite a bit better than Ford. GM has been playing in that sandbox for many more years than Ford and it shows.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
I had it on my V8 R8 1st gen. Not a lot of difference and it started leaking after a while.
Very pricey to replace so I got coil overs from K&W - much better.

Didnt order Magride on my GT premium manual. No PP either.
Might do a full overhaul later.
Do you have an update ? Ride quality on Non MR? :)
Sponsored