• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Magneride question -- Magnetic Damping System the same?

knuklz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
So ive seen mixed things about this topic. I see that the Dark Horse comes standard with Mangeride. But then in the Dark Horse Handling Package there is "Magnetic Damping System". So is there a difference between those two? Or do i have to order the Handling Package in order to get Magneride?
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Same system but programming may be slightly different

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
So ive seen mixed things about this topic. I see that the Dark Horse comes standard with Mangeride. But then in the Dark Horse Handling Package there is "Magnetic Damping System". So is there a difference between those two? Or do i have to order the Handling Package in order to get Magneride?
This had me scratching my head too. Because everything I'm reading online says Magneride is standard with DH.

Same system but programming may be slightly different
And this would make sense. MR is standard, just different with the HP. Kinda makes it look like you get even less for the money with HP.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you go back and look at the GT PP vs. Mach 1 vs Mach 1 HP, there were subtle physical differences between the suspensions. IMO, the Magneride units installed to support those different suspensions operated differently, with different car suspension tunes supporting those uniquely-optioned packages and models.

2021, 2022, the GT PP had, "unique chassis tuning", while in the Mach 1 HP used, "unique Mach 1 HP chassis tuning". Same Magneride, but I always took it (the car, in directing Magneride) to be programmed differently, so as to take advantage of the different subframe, tires, sway bars, spring rates, brakes and alignment settings.

I suspect the 2024 GT, GT PP and DH to be akin to the above.

Last edited:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
Then when you look at this https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M it says:

NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit

NOTE: Mach 1 Base and Mach 1 HP have unique MagneRide suspension calibrations similar to PP2
Sponsored