• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Magneride

Surfpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I got a GT with the PP, however I didn’t notice that Magneride suspension system was an option and not included(as I thought). Can it be added aftermarket?
Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Probably, but may cost 10X as much as the option itself trying to retro fit it. Magneride is always a separate option from PP.

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vapor Blue GT PP X-Pipe & HRE FF10's
I was wondering about this myself; let's say the parts can be bought aftermarket, how is the magneride software applied? Would you have to also buy modules/programming for the magneride functionality to work on the car's infotainment? Or would it be preloaded on the car and is just a matter of plug and play?

OP
OP

Surfpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I was wondering about this myself; let's say the parts can be bought aftermarket, how is the magneride software applied? Would you have to also buy modules/programming for the magneride functionality to work on the car's infotainment? Or would it be preloaded on the car and is just a matter of plug and play?
Good question

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
In addition to the shocks/struts there would be additional wiring harness, sensors, and the controller unit. Plus the appropriate software modifications. I suspect it would be cheaper to take a bath on trading in and getting a car built with it in the first place.

Also, I believe the s650 Magneride is an upgraded version compared to the s550, so I would not expect to do a direct swap for s550 components, OEM or aftermarket.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
The demand for S650 appears to be high, I would sell it and get one with the options you want. Shame on the person that sold you the car, for not asking if you wanted that option.

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
I never had magneride, my order is optioned with it. How would it compare to a non PP without magnerider? Is it THAT much better? Looking forward to seeing if I can tell the difference
Sponsored