• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Here are some pictures and videos I took of the Mustangs at Ford Carlisle this weekend.
Sorry I didn’t take equal coverage of each, wasn’t thinking about taking them for posting, just for my use. When someone asked if it took any pics, in another thread, I figured I’d post what I did take incase anyone else also wants to see them.

I mainly went to look the DH, because I wanted to see that one the most. Then the blue caught my eye, and is what I’ll probably get if I don’t go DH (which is currently most likely to happen, non-DH). Then I wanted to compare the front ends. Kind of odd how they did those: the entire front of the Eco is matte black; the GT has gloss black main grill and gloss sides and lower; the DH has the matte color for center (and raccoon eyes) with gloss black sides and lower. The mixing of matte & gloss on the GT and DH looks strange in person, at least to me.

I talked with a Ford Performance Engineer. Granted he is fairly newly out of college, but he has already driven all of the new Mustangs. He had also worked on the Ranger Raptor for a little bit.
I was asking mainly about the MagnaRide. He said while you might notice a little difference for normal driving, like hard cornering, it is mainly a benefit if you track the car. Take that info how you like.
For me, since the only reason I was thinking about the PP on a GT, was so I could get MagnaRide. I had no other need for PP, as I do not plan to track the car, so that helped seal the deal for me; no PP or MagnaRide for me, if I go GT.
Can still upgrade to the 19” brakes without getting PP.

For the interior pic I tried to get the driver perspective. The cars didn’t have power, so no pic of it on. The Ford Engineer said they are bright enough to overcome glare. I say, jury is still out.

The Altas Blue is an Ecoboost, with 20” wheels.
The Red is a GT PP.
Than the DH.
The last is Vapor Blue, from the one RTR had there.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6005
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6006
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6007
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6008
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6023
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6018
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6017
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6016

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6015

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6003

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6010

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustangs displayed at Carlisle Ford Nationals IMG_6002
Sponsored

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Here are some pictures and videos I took of the Mustangs at Ford Carlisle this weekend.
Sorry I didn’t take equal coverage of each, wasn’t thinking about taking them for posting, just for my use. When someone asked if it took any pics, in another thread, I figured I’d post what I did take incase anyone else also wants to see them.

I mainly took the DH, because I wanted to see that one the most. Then the blue caught my eye, and is what I’ll probably get if I don’t go DH (which is currently most likely to happen, non-DH). Then I wanted to compare the front ends. Kind of odd how they did those: the entire front of the Eco is matte black; the GT has gloss black main grill and gloss sides and lower; the DH has the matte color for center (and raccoon eyes) with gloss black sides and lower. The mixing of matte & gloss on the GT and DH looks strange in person, at least to me.

I talked with a Ford Performance Engineer. Granted he is fairly newly out of college, but he has already driven all of the new Mustangs. He had also worked on the Ranger Raptor for a little bit.
I was asking mainly about the MagnaRide. He said while you might notice a little difference for normal driving, like hard cornering, it is mainly a benefit if you track the car. Take that info how you like.
For me, since the only reason I was thinking about the PP on a GT, was so I could get MagnaRide. I had no other need for PP, as I do not plan to track the car, so that helped seal the deal for me; no PP or MagnaRide for me, if I go GT.
Can still upgrade to the 19” brakes without getting PP.

The Altas Blue is an Ecoboost, with 20” wheels.
The Red is a GT PP.
Than the DH.
The last is Vapor Blue, from the one RTR had there.

IMG_6005.jpeg
IMG_6006.jpeg
IMG_6007.jpeg
IMG_6008.jpeg
IMG_6023.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_6017.jpeg
IMG_6016.jpeg

View attachment 562554
IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6010.jpeg
Great pics! Thanks for sharing

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
atlas blue is making me second guess my vapor blue

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Great pics! What color is that DH?

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I'm probably wrong but it looks like the ecoboost is sitting further back in the bay from previous years?

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I went and I'll post up a few pictures later. There was a Race Red GT in the Ford tent at the entrance.
Two quick take aways: first, I love Recaros. I cannot fit my narrow butt in the '24s Recaros. Be careful before ordering.
Second, if you want a DH be prepared to replace tires often, the Pirelli Trofeo Rs only have a 100 treadwear rating.

OP
OP
mabcim

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great pics! What color is that DH?
The new Blue Ember Metallic. It is a very nice color. No question, for me, to get that on the DH.
The stripes were the painted ones.

OP
OP
mabcim

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm probably wrong but it looks like the ecoboost is sitting further back in the bay from previous years?
Not sure, I didn’t look at that.

OP
OP
mabcim

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went and I'll post up a few pictures later. There was a Race Red GT in the Ford tent at the entrance.
Two quick take aways: first, I love Recaros. I cannot fit my narrow butt in the '24s Recaros. Be careful before ordering.
Second, if you want a DH be prepared to replace tires often, the Pirelli Trofeo Rs only have a 100 treadwear rating.
Since I had my Maverick Truck in the show, I drove in the back gate, so I missed that Mustang 🙁. Look forward to seeing you pics.

And I agree on the Recaros. I am fairly thin (at least width wise, front to back is another story 😂), and they hugged me too much. Would be good if I mostly track it, but would suck on a long drive. Plus, they are not power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mabcim

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found an interior pic I missed, so I just added it to the original post. Tried to get driver perspective.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The exterior is awesome-looking.

The interior still needs to grow on me. I still prefer the S550 interior by far.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I was asking mainly about the MagnaRide. He said while you might notice a little difference for normal driving, like hard cornering, it is mainly a benefit if you track the car.
the MR tuning of the S550 is pants (not good) for tracking. It's only benefit is for street compliance. Maybe Ford got religion and heavily reworked it, but you really should drive a MR 650 before you make a choice.

You can put 6-pots on whenever and for much less money than factory option.