• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mach 1 wheels

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Has anyone besides me entertained the current Mach 1 wheels on their 24?
I am not a fan of the standard premium wheels and the Mach 1 wheels can be had for around $940 a set.
I prefer the 5 spoke for muscle vs the honeycomb look everything seems to have for these cars.

19x9.5 and 19x10.
S650 Mustang Mach 1 wheels fms-m1007kmach1s_xl
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You can barely see them big ol brembos with those wheels. I think I'd go for the wheels on the 24 RTR before these, although I'm sure they're expensive

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If the overall fitment is good, a project like this might be also be great idea for a set of Winter rims/tires.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
personally, i think those base M1 wheels are some of the worst and most boring design ford has put on a wheel. i would rather go with steelies before those.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
If it's the kind of style you like, they're a really nice value! I think they'd look great on a 2024!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I am not a fan of the standard premium wheels and the Mach 1 wheels can be had for around $940 a set.
I prefer the 5 spoke for muscle vs the honeycomb look everything seems to have for these cars.

19x9.5 and 19x10.
fms-m1007kmach1s_xl.jpg
Donā€™t you DARE stick my classic Mach 1 wheels on that rolling LCD billboard with a Coyote. Why not just get the real thing while you still can? :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
mcky2011

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Donā€™t you DARE stick my classic Mach 1 wheels on that rolling LCD billboard with a Coyote. Why not just get the real thing while you still can? :like:
I thought about it.

I only would get a Tremec car, the ones I've seen are too much $$$$ and/or autos.

Zach has a 23 I would absolutely buy in Fighter Jet Gray, but I would have to trade in my 21 F150 to be able to afford that sexy beast. (not that I haven't thought about it)

Of course, I already put down my deposit for the 24 GT Premium order.

The Mach 1 is certainly more unique than a GT and will most likely be worth more in resale if you are looking at cars that way.

Honestly, I am buying the GT for the same reason I would buy the Mach 1, because I want it and I accept that it is a loss of money no matter what. It all comes down to price even though the Mach 1 is more car for your money in my opinion.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
personally, i think those base M1 wheels are some of the worst and most boring design ford has put on a wheel. i would rather go with steelies before those.
They look great.

Just not on the S550.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
šŸ¤“

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
They look great.

Just not on the S550.
eh, i'm not a fan. i like the complicated and intricate designs more than something plain, with exceptions for the GT350R and GT500 CFTP/CFHP wheel

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
eh, i'm not a fan. i like the complicated and intricate designs more than something plain, with exceptions for the GT350R and GT500 CFTP/CFHP wheel
Totally get that, I lean toward concave mesh styles (the closer to something like a BBS FIR or literally any Porsche RS wheel the better 99 times out of 100) but imo the basic, old school-looking wheels like these work on old school, simple car designs. Eg, torque thrusts on 60s-70s muscle, Fuchs on a whale tail 911, etc.

They just look out of place and basic on an S550 that has all kinds of cuts and styling details, and the kind of finish and resolution you'd find on a modern car

Also hot take, Ford doesn't make good looking wheels. Their best efforts are a B+ at most. The best wheels they've made in recent years were the PP2s and M1s

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I admit that the PP2 and the M1HP wheels are very nice. But since the Mach 1 is both a classic as well as a stand in for the GT350, it fits that they offered the classic five spoke as the default wheel package while still offering the others for those looking to scratch the GT350 itch. Good move.

OP
OP
mcky2011

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally get that, I lean toward concave mesh styles (the closer to something like a BBS FIR or literally any Porsche RS wheel the better 99 times out of 100) but imo the basic, old school-looking wheels like these work on old school, simple car designs. Eg, torque thrusts on 60s-70s muscle, Fuchs on a whale tail 911, etc.

They just look out of place and basic on an S550 that has all kinds of cuts and styling details, and the kind of finish and resolution you'd find on a modern car

Also hot take, Ford doesn't make good looking wheels. Their best efforts are a B+ at most. The best wheels they've made in recent years were the PP2s and M1s
Oppolock, you have provided great insight.

This forum has provided exactly what I intended when I created this post., so thanks to IPOGT and others for your input as well. The five spoke look great on the Mach 1, as they should, but maybe not so much on the regular 650.

This 650 and 550 have hard, modern aircraft style lines that set them apart from the original muscle and should have something that complements them vs something that pulls them back to origins. I tend to fondly look back at the original cars with a more favorable memory than they deserve and have since changed my opinion on what looks good on these vs what would look good on 50 year old cars.

I read an extensive thread on 6g on the Mach 1 performance wheels that adorn the car Zach is currently distracting me with from my 24 order.

I believe my choice for 24 wheels would be these from SVE. (MHP1)

S650 Mustang Mach 1 wheels sve-mustang-mhp1-wheel-kit-19x10-gloss-graphite-15-22_08028dfb

Of course everything is subject to change while we all wait for VINs and build dates. Who knows Zach could well make me an offer I can't resist on the 23 Mach 1 and the only care I would have is replacing the tires when they wear out.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

19x9.5 and 19x10.
fms-m1007kmach1s_xl.jpg
Not a fan of those Mach 1 wheels. If I would have bought one I would have switched them out with the LMR version of the M1HP wheels.

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vapor Blue GT PP X-Pipe & HRE FF10's

19x9.5 and 19x10.
fms-m1007kmach1s_xl.jpg
I picked up a set of mach-1 HP wheels (honeycomb) last week for my '24 GT PP (in production). I need a set of summer and winter wheels since I'm daily driving the car in Michigan, so my plan is to use the HP wheels in the summer on Cup 2 tires and put all seasons on the stock PP rims. My biggest concern was fitment, the mach-1 HP wheels are 305 fronts and 315 rears, however after seeing them work on s550 performance packs i am confident that fitment will carry over to the s650. I am prepared for how much these wheels will be sticking out of the fender but i was not prepared for the price on those plastic wheel lip extensions, for the '23 mach-1 they're selling for almost $400! I can't imagine what they will charge for that same piece on the Dark Horse HP.
Sponsored