• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vapor Blue GT PP X-Pipe & HRE FF10's
Hey Everyone,

After taking delivery of my S650 yesterday, i was finally able to install the mach-1 handling pack wheels on the car and i think they turned out awesome, especially for my first set of aftermarket(ish) wheels! Prior to install I was worried that they would stick out of the wheel well a ton, but I'm glad to report that they fill the wheel well beautifully. While they do stick out in the front, it is nothing egregious. For reference, the size of these tires are 305/30r19 fronts and 315/30r19 rears. View attachment 567453
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG-2706
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG-2705
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG-2707
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Was thinking of doing the same thing on mine. Did you have to do anything special? Any rubbing?

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking of doing the same thing on mine. Did you have to do anything special? Any rubbing?
Nope nothing special, just a tire iron and jack! Ive only had these wheels on for a few hours and after a short drive i have not noticed any rubbing. On first glance everything seems to have ample room so i am not too worried about rubbing but will keep yall posted if i notice anything in the future. Now my next mod is to get a shifter like the one in your profile pic lmao.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Hey joe sweet ride bro wheels look killer, hey do yourself a favor and look under your car PP are supposed to have air diverting wings mine are completely missing others are in the same boat see attached photo this is under the front end, if they are missing ford owes u a set see the PDI form attached as well

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG_1028

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey joe sweet ride bro wheels look killer, hey do yourself a favor and look under your car PP are supposed to have air diverting wings mine are completely missing others are in the same boat see attached photo this is under the front end, if they are missing ford owes u a set see the PDI form attached as well

IMG_1028.jpeg
Yup, just checked under the car and there are no fins. I appreciate the insight on this as I would have never noticed, would I submit that PDI form to my dealer or Ford corporate?

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Yup, just checked under the car and there are no fins. I appreciate the insight on this as I would have never noticed, would I submit that PDI form to my dealer or Ford corporate?
Contact your dealer / salesperson print out the PDI form and here’s a photo of someone that actually got them with the ford part number

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels 5047A9C7-6990-48A8-898B-6F13BCD0C4A5

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
So many people aren’t going to know they are missing, either tech had no clue where they went? Or ford had shortages and hoped people wouldn’t notice, also my PP strut bar had no emblem I just bought an aftermarket one

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
So many people aren’t going to know they are missing, either tech had no clue where they went? Or ford had shortages and hoped people wouldn’t notice, also my PP strut bar had no emblem I just bought an aftermarket one
My fins where in the trunk, had the dealer install while I did the paperwork. They had no clue what they were. I saw the service manager showing the tech the directions and telling him they have to do this for all their GTs.

Looks like only the dark horses got the strut bar emblem. Which one did you go with and how was the install? Is it just a sticker?

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Hey Everyone,

After taking delivery of my S650 yesterday, i was finally able to install the mach-1 handling pack wheels on the car and i think they turned out awesome, especially for my first set of aftermarket(ish) wheels! Prior to install I was worried that they would stick out of the wheel well a ton, but I'm glad to report that they fill the wheel well beautifully. While they do stick out in the front, it is nothing egregious. For reference, the size of these tires are 305/30r19 fronts and 315/30r19 rears. View attachment 567453
IMG-2706.jpg
IMG-2705.jpg
IMG-2707.jpg
Love those wheels, I thought they were the same size as the PP wheels. They look great with the S650 but poke out a bit too much for me. Glad to hear there's been now issues with rubbing though. Enjoy!

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
My fins where in the trunk, had the dealer install while I did the paperwork. They had no clue what they were. I saw the service manager showing the tech the directions and telling him they have to do this for all their GTs.

Looks like only the dark horses got the strut bar emblem. Which one did you go with and how was the install? Is it just a sticker?
Check this guys page he has a bunch of designs, it’s a metal plate super strong adhesive not permanent

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3222928152..._qfdMpKTYK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

After some digging I ended up finding the fins in the trunk. My guess is they want dealers to install it to save time at the plant in lieu of the strike, but at the same time this part doesn’t seem like it would take long to install during assembly so it is certainly odd. As for that strut bar emblem goes it drives me nuts how they left that blank on GT’s, I’m going to order this emblem off Amazon they have different colors as well: https://a.co/d/2pDII6C

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
After some digging I ended up finding the fins in the trunk. My guess is they want dealers to install it to save time at the plant in lieu of the strike, but at the same time this part doesn’t seem like it would take long to install during assembly so it is certainly odd. As for that strut bar emblem goes it drives me nuts how they left that blank on GT’s, I’m going to order this emblem off Amazon they have different colors as well: https://a.co/d/2pDII6C
I like that one since it has the bolts. Do you already know if it lines up to the holes in the strut bar? My concern with the adhesive is the heat the engine throws off.

Yeah, I hate they left the emblem off. I've seen early pics with it installed. My guess is the part was delayed and they didn't want to hold up production for such a small piece. I have a feeling late model year versions will have it.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
They are not installed at the factory because they can get torn off in shipping.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I’m fairly sure they are installed at the dealer to prevent transport damage during loading and unloading.
Sponsored