• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I like that one since it has the bolts. Do you already know if it lines up to the holes in the strut bar? My concern with the adhesive is the heat the engine throws off.

Yeah, I hate they left the emblem off. I've seen early pics with it installed. My guess is the part was delayed and they didn't want to hold up production for such a small piece. I have a feeling late model year versions will have it.
I recommend the s550 GT350/GT350R brace. It’s a direct replacement.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG_7797
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vapor Blue GT PP X-Pipe & HRE FF10's
IMG_7797.jpeg
Good to know, i wanted to do that originally but was not sure about fitment. I already ordered a plaque off Ebay so maybe i will add this brace in the future. Looks great though!

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
IMG_7797.jpeg
Did you have to buy the full brace or were you able to just get the cross bar with the plaque?

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Hey Everyone,

After taking delivery of my S650 yesterday, i was finally able to install the mach-1 handling pack wheels on the car and i think they turned out awesome, especially for my first set of aftermarket(ish) wheels! Prior to install I was worried that they would stick out of the wheel well a ton, but I'm glad to report that they fill the wheel well beautifully. While they do stick out in the front, it is nothing egregious. For reference, the size of these tires are 305/30r19 fronts and 315/30r19 rears. View attachment 567453
IMG-2706.jpg
IMG-2705.jpg
IMG-2707.jpg
Awesome setup! I think I am going to roll in the same direction with these wheels. The PP2 mustangs had similar fitment. I'm hesitant due to issues with rock/chips being tossed up. Have you noticed any issues with that thus far?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome setup! I think I am going to roll in the same direction with these wheels. The PP2 mustangs had similar fitment. I'm hesitant due to issues with rock/chips being tossed up. Have you noticed any issues with that thus far?
The PP2's were my inspiration to get these wheels. I really wanted a PP2 mustang but couldn't find one, so I spent the long dollar for an S650 and decided to do my own "PP2 S650".
As for the wheels kicking up rocks, i blame the majority of it on the Cup 2 tires since they pick up anything loose on the road. I would like to get the Dark Horse Handling package fender flares if/when they become available, but in the meantime i ordered these tacky E-Z flares that peel and stick to the fender wall that basically look the same. I can provide updates once those come in, but overall, i can certainly hear rocks kicking up, but have not noticed any marks or damage to the car.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The PP2's were my inspiration to get these wheels. I really wanted a PP2 mustang but couldn't find one, so I spent the long dollar for an S650 and decided to do my own "PP2 S650".
As for the wheels kicking up rocks, i blame the majority of it on the Cup 2 tires since they pick up anything loose on the road. I would like to get the Dark Horse Handling package fender flares if/when they become available, but in the meantime i ordered these tacky E-Z flares that peel and stick to the fender wall that basically look the same. I can provide updates once those come in, but overall, i can certainly hear rocks kicking up, but have not noticed any marks or damage to the car.
Thanks for the insight, Joe. Same inspiration for me also and sounds like we're going for similar builds. I am going to order the wheels then and go for Pilot Sport 4S's then as a middle ground along with ordering some splash guards. I am near Detroit also and would love to see your S650 some time if you head out to a cruise, meet or a cars & coffee.

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the insight, Joe. Same inspiration for me also and sounds like we're going for similar builds. I am going to order the wheels then and go for Pilot Sport 4S's then as a middle ground along with ordering some splash guards. I am near Detroit also and would love to see your S650 some time if you head out to a cruise, meet or a cars & coffee.
Absolutely! I am always looking for events that i can bring the car to but it seems like alot of the shows/meets are wrapping up for the year. If you hear of any coming up in metro Detroit, please message me the details and i will be there!

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely! I am always looking for events that i can bring the car to but it seems like alot of the shows/meets are wrapping up for the year. If you hear of any coming up in metro Detroit, please message me the details and i will be there!
Sounds good! Gratiot Cruise was this last weekend near New Baltimore. Did a couple burnouts and didn't see any other S650's unfortunately. I will be out at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven to do some light road course tracking on Oct. 7th for benchmark purposes

murciful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT 23 MC20
Well done! Car looks awesome. I saw the tire size, but what size wheels did you go with? If you could throw up a picture of your car from behind, I'd love to compare the difference in tire size to stock and would appreciate it. Any thoughts on lowering it?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
The PP2 was slightly different. It had the same wheel offset/sizes but with 305/30-19 tires on all 4 corners. I debated on keeping mine (probably should have) but ended up with the M1 as I wanted the extra cooling and better trans for the track.

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well done! Car looks awesome. I saw the tire size, but what size wheels did you go with? If you could throw up a picture of your car from behind, I'd love to compare the difference in tire size to stock and would appreciate it. Any thoughts on lowering it?
Sorry for the late reply, but they are 19x10.5 fronts and 19x11 rears. I would like to lower the car but i have a pretty steep driveway that the car just barley makes as is without scraping. I ended up putting those tacky flares on the car and I'm surprised at how nice they turned out. Based on them being peel and stick i assumed they would have fallen off after the first few drives, but after a few days they are definitely secure. Granted this could be my subjective opinion, but it makes these wheels not only look more OEM/clean but does a great job with rock chips. Keep in mind that they're meant for SUV's/trucks so they're not perfect, but they do the job. Here's a link to them on Amazon for anyone interested: Amazon.com: EZ Flares – The Original Universal Flexible Foam Rubber 1-Inch Fender Flares : Automotive

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG-2716

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG-2719

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels IMG-2721

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the late reply, but they are 19x10.5 fronts and 19x11 rears. I would like to lower the car but i have a pretty steep driveway that the car just barley makes as is without scraping. I ended up putting those tacky flares on the car and I'm surprised at how nice they turned out. Based on them being peel and stick i assumed they would have fallen off after the first few drives, but after a few days they are definitely secure. Granted this could be my subjective opinion, but it makes these wheels not only look more OEM/clean but does a great job with rock chips. Keep in mind that they're meant for SUV's/trucks so they're not perfect, but they do the job. Here's a link to them on Amazon for anyone interested: Amazon.com: EZ Flares – The Original Universal Flexible Foam Rubber 1-Inch Fender Flares : Automotive

IMG-2716.jpg

IMG-2719.jpg

IMG-2721.jpg
Looks clean! I've been looking for some applicable fender flares myself. I'll give the link a look. Thanks for sharing, Joe. Getting the wheels mounted and balanced today and I'll be lowered 1" after this weekend. I'll share with ya once I'm able to get everything dialed in.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI Joe, circling back to you since you have the same wheel and tire combo- I installed Ford Perf Sway Bars, and Steeda MR sport lowering Springs (ended up lowering it just under an inch .8). The rears fit just fine. I was getting wheel rub on the strut tower for the front passenger and driver, so I aborted mission. Do you know how much clearance you were getting in the wheel well and how much thread engagement the lugs we're getting on the studs? Your handling pack wheels are 10.5" width in the front? I did notice I ended up with a negative camber on the front after doing the suspension so not 100% sure yet if that's the root cause. It'll be in on the rack for an alignment tomorrow and after that I might give it another try.

OP
OP
Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI Joe, circling back to you since you have the same wheel and tire combo- I installed Ford Perf Sway Bars, and Steeda MR sport lowering Springs (ended up lowering it just under an inch .8). The rears fit just fine. I was getting wheel rub on the strut tower for the front passenger and driver, so I aborted mission. Do you know how much clearance you were getting in the wheel well and how much thread engagement the lugs we're getting on the studs? Your handling pack wheels are 10.5" width in the front? I did notice I ended up with a negative camber on the front after doing the suspension so not 100% sure yet if that's the root cause. It'll be in on the rack for an alignment tomorrow and after that I might give it another try.
Hey there, sorry to hear you ran into some issues, hopefully they pertain to the negative camber. Although I measured 3 inches of clearance on the front wheels with stock height (10.5” front wheels). The only difference is I did not order magnaride so perhaps the size of the MR strut is different to the size of the regular strut as I have not experienced any rubbing. As for the thread engagement I have not noticed anything abnormal, it seemed a little tougher installing the lugs on the HP wheels compared to the OEM but nothing where the lugs didn’t fit snug. Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

PS thanks for uploading the videos showing the Ford performance x pipe on the s650, it swayed my decision to sell my Steeda x pipe (304 stainless) and go with the Ford performance (409 stainless), it just came in today!

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Performance Pack with Mach-1 Handling Pack Wheels 5B366911-BBEA-41A9-9A06-E1380A0A1D0E
Sponsored