• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO

Ruben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus, 1967 Ford Mustang
So far we have seen two different "real" images, showing the face of the S650... and in my opinion they both look like unfinished designs... and I don't think they represent the final design that will be unveiled in Detroit in mid September.

S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO S650_01

If you compare the two pictures, it is clear that we are looking at two different design... isn't it..? And if we go back and have a look at the design proces of the S550... then we know that it is quite normal for Ford to work with several different designs.

S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO S650_02

I think (and hope) that the final design of the S650 model will be different to the images that we have seen so far.

S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO S650_03

Personally I like the renderings from Carscoops, they look awesome. But no matter what, I am confident that the S650 will shine with a jaw dropping design next month :)
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Premium Pony Package, 2004 Taurus SES
So far we have seen two different "real" images, showing the face of the S650... and in my opinion they both look like unfinished designs... and I don't think they represent the final design that will be unveiled in Detroit in mid September.

S650_01.jpg

If you compare the two pictures, it is clear that we are looking at two different design... isn't it..? And if we go back and have a look at the design proces of the S550... then we know that it is quite normal for Ford to work with several different designs.

S650_02.jpg

I think (and hope) that the final design of the S650 model will be different to the images that we have seen so far.

S650_03.jpg

Personally I like the renderings from Carscoops, they look awesome. But no matter what, I am confident that the S650 will shine with a jaw dropping design next month :)
I definitely get a more muscular, Modern Terminator vibe ….from the renderings I’m seeing!

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The upper image is a production near exterieur. Of course there are multiple design approaches for a car, but they are thrown away in way earlier stages and not used as actual prototypes with camo wrap. We can be absutely sure the first picture is real, it absolutely fits what was visible as lower vents in spyshots with thicker padding.

The 2nd picture leaked shortly after that and shows the same chassis, headlight & grillesize. But obviously it's a graphic, not a real car. So that might actually be concept art for a model that is not the final one. One guy here in the forums with insider knowledge actually stated that this wasn't the Gen 7 images he saw so he believed they were other sketches.

All of the renderings von magazines just slapped on the 2nd leak onto a Gen 6 body. They invested some time to make it look better than a crappy phone picture, but still they are based on a leak which is clear.

But the biggest thing here: Don't underestimate how a photo distorts proportions of a car. Both leaks and the rendering pretty much show a very similiar car. The first picture is just a really bad angle with high distortion, the 2nd one has crappy quality, so the same approach as a professional rendering of course looks better.

I posted this example before, but just take this comparison how the focal length distorts a car image. The wider angle (18mm) is pretty much what you get on phone pictures like the first leak. For professional car shots you usally go for narrow angles on high distances, since it usally resembles better how you would see the car in real life and pulls the background nearer for better effect.
S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO focal-lengths2

Takes this leak of Gen 6. Of course it's the real car, but the wide angle in the phone pictues makes it look really bad. Same happens on the Gen 7 leak.
S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO 1659443003030

In a better shot the same car looks like that:
S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO 1659443051198

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Nah... they don't build full scale parts for fun...this is it

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The first image is definitely what we'll get.........the question is whether this is a base car, and the silver image is of a GT/Hi-Po model. And, yes, we have had different front ends before, the '10-'12 V6 and GTs were very different.

S650 Mustang Leaked S650 images are probably not the final version! IMO s650_01-

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
The first image is definitely what we'll get.........the question is whether this is a base car, and the silver image is of a GT/Hi-Po model. And, yes, we have had different front ends before, the '10-'12 V6 and GTs were very different.

s650_01-jpg.jpg
This time around you’ll be able to tell the difference between a eco boost and a GT!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This time around you’ll be able to tell the difference between a eco boost and a GT!
As you should be, other than a "horse" and "GT".

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof

s650_01-jpg.jpg
My only desperate prayer is that the HI-PO Grille isn't actually the godawful piece of black plastic and that it's just distortion from being a digital image. The rest of the bumper is aggressive and great

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
In 1969, Ford trimmed the entire front off of the beloved 1969 Mustang and created the 1970. In 2023, Ford is about to do it again except this time, they will rework some S197 styling back into the design… attracting fans of both S197 and S550.

Its just a far cleaner design compared to the 2015. Is it an improvement over the 2018? I don’t know yet but, anyone that has a 2018-2022 is probably still making payments and not ready to buy again anyway. 😉

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Interestingly we now know that the S650 is the last new pony car which will have a V8. Dodge said their new Challenger & Charger are EV only, so no new models with ICEs. Chevy will also kill the Camaro soon, the Lansing plant will build the upcoming E-Corvette and an electric Corvette Crossover instead.

The market will get tons of new EVs that have very smoothed out, rounded designs to have the aerodynamics for maximum range. So Ford made a great call giving the S650 more of a retro design, that really screams Muscle Car, as a last big hurray for the Coyote.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Dodge said their new Challenger & Charger are EV only, so no new models with ICEs.
watch them about-face in 2 seconds flat when nobody buys them. They'll throw the 5.7 v8 or a TT v6 in there so fast it'll make the EPA's heads spin.

Yes EV are stupid fast. But people don't buy muscle cars because they are the fastest thing around. I would be utterly shocked if even 10% of legacy owners acquiesced to the EV relaunch.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Premium Pony Package, 2004 Taurus SES

s650_01-jpg.jpg
I had to take my front facia off of my 2007, to install new headlights…A lot of times they intentionally Leak shots themselves , to get feedback, and keep people guessing! It Doesn’t take much, to make different front Fascias….. just look at Cervinis online. They’ve had several years to play with different front fascias . I used to work in molding years ago, and they could definitely afford to make several samples. Not saying this isn’t it.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE

S650_01.jpg

S650_02.jpg

S650_03.jpg

The final design being set such a long while ago during the pandemic, that's the final vehicle on top. The GT? It's very close.

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Top is Ecoboost and the bottom is the GT. These designs are conceptualized and signed off on years in the making before putting into full production.
Sponsored