• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Headlights should be automatic, and wipers should be raining sensing.
Totally disagree. I disable both immediately, change settings whenever possible. Automatic headlights just blind people unnecessarily, they suck. They hold brights much longer than they should, blinding oncoming traffic, and don't switch back quickly. Much safer to do manually. I turn on headlights before most other people do on overcast & rainy days. If you're the kind of person who can't remember to turn on headlights when appropriate, fine, but please don't let them shine high beams and constantly blind people for no damn reason. Also don't like over-aggressive rain-sensing wipers. Well designed wiper controls allow a quick swipe of your hand to get one swipe whenever you need it.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Totally disagree. I disable both immediately, change settings whenever possible. Automatic headlights just blind people unnecessarily, they suck. They hold brights much longer than they should, blinding oncoming traffic, and don't switch back quickly. Much safer to do manually. I turn on headlights before most other people do on overcast & rainy days. If you're the kind of person who can't remember to turn on headlights when appropriate, fine, but please don't let them shine high beams and constantly blind people for no damn reason. Also don't like over-aggressive rain-sensing wipers. Well designed wiper controls allow a quick swipe of your hand to get one swipe whenever you need it.
I like Automatic Headlights, but I agree with you about Automatic Wipers.

Here in the South where we see a lot of convective rains (in which the rate of precipitation is highly variable), trying to adjust the speed/frequency of your wipers can get very tricky.

Last edited:

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW turbo
frankly the thing here that worries me is that youre saying youre messing with these controls while driving (yes, sitting at a stoplight is still driving). the only things you should be messing with while driving is your ac (permanent on the screen) radio volume (on the wheel or with the 1 of 2 knobs in the car) your wipers and your lights (the other knob in the car).

if you need to do anything else that requires looking away for more than a second like a steering wheel heater turning on for no reason, dont be a road hazard, mustangs get enough of a bad rep as it is, pull your ass off the road and do things safely.

remember, an overwhelming majority of accidents are caused by the thing behind the steering wheel.
I agree, the first time it happened as I was driving it became uncomfortable to hold the wheel, have no idea what Ford's heated setting is, I kept trying to find the dumbass control at the lights and the lights kept changing too fast. Next time I made sure to turn it off in the garage. We're talking about the new all digital display, one and this is all personal choice, I don't care for it, saw it up close at the reveal and just didn't like the styling of it. Second is if manufacturers keep putting simple controls into tablet menu's and voice activations works about as good as Alexa (smh, and I have it) it creates distractions not needed. In some regards the whole auto industry seems to be plunging ahead into technologies not completely vetted, planned for or well tested . You can't legislate change, and cool infotainment can kill because we are human and often not too bright.

my case resting..

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Problems happen when you take a classic car with predisposed history, expectations and fans and you try to create something new that is supposed to appeal to a different audience. Maybe this departure justified a name change away from Mustang in the sense we’ve known it.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Personally I hated the old cockpit. It was very dated. This new interior is part of the reason I jumped on the new mustang. There are some things I liked about the old cockpit, like the double brow. But, that was removed to get the new infotainment screens up as high as possible to be easier to see while driving. Almost like a HUD. I do wish there were more physical buttons, and the touch screen can be slightly difficult to navigate while driving. I notice that in my 22’ Expedition with the large screen. But, I like tech so I got used to it quickly. But I would not have ordered a mustang with the old interior.

I can totally understand where you are coming from though.
Which cockpit? ""the S550". How can one keep reconfiguring 2 seats, a console and a dash and have it look new? Throw the bean counters out of the penthouse.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. Maybe they're losing sales by keeping the new screens too, but I'm liking the new tech a lot. Probably wouldn't have gotten the S650 otherwise.
Ford is, also, losing sales on their EVs as well.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problems happen when you take a classic car with predisposed history, expectations and fans and you try to create something new that is supposed to appeal to a different audience. Maybe this departure justified a name change away from Mustang in the sense we’ve known it.
Really, look at the BMW 3 series, it has essentially been in the same configuration of the last 30 years and still sells well.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have no issue with headlights turning on automatically. I do however have an issue with automatic high beams because those can blind the crap out of you.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Well look here at my 2023 BMW 330i rental car.......
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO IMG_8945

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i see this pic and all i think is that BMW clearly did not include enough charging ports. also nice AC temp
There is another charging port in the center console along with another power point. But the screens are very similar to those that some want to criticize.
Sponsored