• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
In the mean time, while everyone is focused on the presentation, the crew stealthy slips something special into the background (as in behind everyone - they are looking in the opposite direction), oh and ‘one more thing…’, the presenter is heard saying as an engine fires, one rev, two rev, three and go…. Everyone turns and questions, what was that ….. we need more ….
When in the video is this?
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Unfortunately there will be no C8 competitor. We get this GTE /GT3 street legal version for $250k+ and maybe there will be a mid-engine GT successor. However, since the GT was extremely limited to VIPs and influential people I doubt that a new version would be any different, including its ridiculous price tag.

I would by a Porsche GT3 RS instead of the Mustang GTE and the GT really is a lovely show car… But a show car it is. There are better cars in a straight line and better cars around the track for far less money.
I'm hearing someone claim this was its own thing, and reports have said there was a mid-engine mustang shown that wasn't based on the s650. Someone in these comments mentioned how you hear the presenter saying "One more thing" and a different car behind the crowd being revealed in the video.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'm hearing someone claim this was its own thing, and reports have said there was a mid-engine mustang shown that wasn't based on the s650. Someone in these comments mentioned how you hear the presenter saying "One more thing" and a different car behind the crowd being revealed in the video.
Oh nooooo…. The event hasn’t happened yet. Seems speculation monster has risen once again.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Based on the GTD in the Photos we can safely assume is a Street GT3 car considering GTD is the category that GT3 is replacing in IMSA. So I guess a street going GT3 and since GT3 is Porsche brand they needed to use the GTD.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I'm very curious to see if there is indeed some mystery car that we aren't seeing yet. Because if it's this hot wheels looking thing. I'm not feeling it...

Also assuming there is a mid-engined car we haven't seen it would seem they developed it in the basement like they did with the GT, because it would've been spotted by now.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Looks like an intake over the back glass. Lots of similar cues to the GT3.

Zero interest if this is some kind of unobtanium object

A toned down version of this is everything the Dark Horse should’ve been for the $65-80k mark

Wtf is going on with Ford’s product planning team this generation

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I've been reading some of the posts over at the C8 Corvette Forums. They all agree that it will be build my Multimatic and be out of reach of most people just like the Ford GT.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I've been reading some of the posts over at the C8 Corvette Forums. They all agree that it will be build my Multimatic and be out of reach of most people just like the Ford GT.
So basically a marketing piece that 99% of us will only be able to appreciate through a handful of magazine reviews and YouTube videos while Ford will inevitably spam relentlessly on all Mustang marketing channels promoting the “advancement” of the brand

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Either it’s going to be cool or really lame there will be no in between

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
So basically a marketing piece that 99% of us will only be able to appreciate through a handful of magazine reviews and YouTube videos while Ford will inevitably spam relentlessly on all Mustang marketing channels promoting the “advancement” of the brand
Yeah, if it's not build by Ford, in house, it will not be cheap, a-la the Ford GT.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Either it’s going to be cool or really lame there will be no in between
Well, the successor for the GT will most likely be an awesome car and the GTD will most likely be a very good street legal track car. However, the price tag is what's going to ruin the fun. Mustang doesn't stand for maxed out performance or best in class... It should be an affordable pony car with a big V8 that generates a lot of power and is overall a decent car.

Offering a somewhat sportier version at a mindblowing price and generating demand by limiting the availability to invited customers only isn't something that gets my juices flowing...

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Oh nooooo…. The event hasn’t happened yet. Seems speculation monster has risen once again.
This dealer meeting happened a few days ago man. While they can be sketchy, product details leaked out of them tend to be right about 80% of the time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.