• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I have no doubt that this will gain power (not sure about the estimated gains) with the hood up and filters exposed to cool fan air. With the hood down and 90+ degree F in the summer here in upstate SC, throttle response and power may suffer. As it sits, the stock intakes on a stockish car should flow plenty. The stock airboxes are fairly tight around the stock filters so that may be the only advantage with the open element with heat shield setup. I have K&N drop in's already so I think I will pass on this one. Should look nice though if the design is your jam.
My thought exactly.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
$700 for a hot air intake you can't work on after the vehicle has been running for a bit? no thanks! i'd rather put that towards diff gears or half a set of decent track tires

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Funny they said Guaranteed then Estimated! Haha! No true facts given!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
ā€¦.ā€™guaranteed estimateā€™, is kinda like a vacuum that sucks

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Keep in mind any power gains can be skewed by the fact that the aftermarket intakes will not have carbon traps. These have shown gains with removal.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Iā€™m sure there will be a few hp increase if the carbon traps are removed but you wonā€™t feel it. And why change your air filters to ones that filter less particulates from the air? This has been proven many times over. Iā€™m not saying that using K&N filters will destroy your engine but I want to filter as much particulate as I can from outside air without it causing a restriction.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Easy enough to swap when going into the shop? No programming required. Wouldnā€™t mind seeing some installed pics and or a black version. Also appears to replace / eliminate the boxes and therefore the snorkels on the nostrils?
So with the open filters, it would loose the benefit of Forced Induction from the Air Intake Nostrils and pressurised Boxes.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So with the open filters, it would loose the benefit of Forced Induction from the Air Intake Nostrils and pressurised Boxes.
Hard to say without seeing how they are installedā€¦. Not sure how much pressure is gonna build up when contrasted with the debris potential. Is the drop in pressure worth all the dirt? But that just depends on how it ā€˜sealsā€™ if it does.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
I think K&N guarantees a hp increase in back to back dyno runs of stock car then car with intake added. Not the amount. Could be 3 whp, thatā€™s still an increase even if not significant and actually within margin of variability.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Iā€™m sure there will be a few hp increase if the carbon traps are removed but you wonā€™t feel it. And why change your air filters to ones that filter less particulates from the air? This has been proven many times over. Iā€™m not saying that using K&N filters will destroy your engine but I want to filter as much particulate as I can from outside air without it causing a restriction.
This can be said with any aftermarket intake or any aftermarket part in general. Why supercharge a Mustang....why There are millions of cars from over the years who have/ have had hundred of thousands of miles with K&N or similar air filters installed on them.
Easy enough to swap when going into the shop? No programming required. Wouldnā€™t mind seeing some installed pics and or a black version. Also appears to replace / eliminate the boxes and therefore the snorkels on the nostrils?
Here are the pics from K&N and Steeda.

S650 Mustang K&N Intake Kit for 2024+ Mustang GT  now available IMG_5977

S650 Mustang K&N Intake Kit for 2024+ Mustang GT  now available IMG_5976

S650 Mustang K&N Intake Kit for 2024+ Mustang GT  now available IMG_5975

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
This can be said with any aftermarket intake or any aftermarket part in general. Why supercharge a Mustang....why There are millions of cars from over the years who have/ have had hundred of thousands of miles with K&N or similar air filters installed on them.
Here are the pics from K&N and Steeda.

IMG_5977.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg
Just because there are thousands or millions of people that have used these filters doesnā€™t mean itā€™s the best idea. Iā€™ve seen dozens of tests and more oil analysis than I care to count that show this filter without a doubt allows more particulates into the engine than other filters. The gain is minimal at best in cars over the last 20 years. Most people donā€™t keep cars for 200-300,000 miles so they donā€™t care about filtration. 90% of bearing and ring damage comes from particles 20 microns and smaller so a good oil filter, frequent oil changes and a good air filter is important. Aftermarket intakes are ok for customizing your engine bay but use anything other than an oil filter if you want the cleanest air coming in. Iā€™m not a professional engine builder by any means but Iā€™ve seen enough tear downs to see what average filtration can do to engines. I will say the new intakes look really nice on this motor.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Just because there are thousands or millions of people that have used these filters doesnā€™t mean itā€™s the best idea. Iā€™ve seen dozens of tests and more oil analysis than I care to count that show this filter without a doubt allows more particulates into the engine than other filters. The gain is minimal at best in cars over the last 20 years. Most people donā€™t keep cars for 200-300,000 miles so they donā€™t care about filtration. 90% of bearing and ring damage comes from particles 20 microns and smaller so a good oil filter, frequent oil changes and a good air filter is important. Aftermarket intakes are ok for customizing your engine bay but use anything other than an oil filter if you want the cleanest air coming in. Iā€™m not a professional engine builder by any means but Iā€™ve seen enough tear downs to see what average filtration can do to engines. I will say the new intakes look really nice on this motor.
lol, I thought I had deleted that response as I was interrupted when I was typing it so I deleted it, so I thought, and was going to respond later. So the point that I was getting at is that every time new intakes or other products are released, there are posts such as the filters donā€™t filter as well or warranty is being voided, etc. I understand that the filters donā€™t filter as wellā€¦Iā€™ve seen the tests. So have mostā€¦.if a person doesnā€™t understand that, they may want to research what they are changing before they buy. The likelihood of the filter causing premature damage before most people rid themselves of the current vehicle is very low. If you plan to do 400,000 miles plus on these cars, you are much more likely to experience another unrelated failure before these filters cause it.
I personally think it looks decent under the hood but the cost versus performance/looks doesnā€™t work for me but I still support that companies are releasing items. With so much talk of how slow the market is progressing with products specifically for the S650, itā€™s nice to see items being released. If folks choose not to buy, thatā€™s on them for their own reasons. However, nitpicking about something that is already known about a oiled high flow air filter is just redundant.