• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
lol, I thought I had deleted that response as I was interrupted when I was typing it so I deleted it, so I thought, and was going to respond later. So the point that I was getting at is that every time new intakes or other products are released, there are posts such as the filters don’t filter as well or warranty is being voided, etc. I understand that the filters don’t filter as well…I’ve seen the tests. So have most….if a person doesn’t understand that, they may want to research what they are changing before they buy. The likelihood of the filter causing premature damage before most people rid themselves of the current vehicle is very low. If you plan to do 400,000 miles plus on these cars, you are much more likely to experience another unrelated failure before these filters cause it.
I personally think it looks decent under the hood but the cost versus performance/looks doesn’t work for me but I still support that companies are releasing items. With so much talk of how slow the market is progressing with products specifically for the S650, it’s nice to see items being released. If folks choose not to buy, that’s on them for their own reasons. However, nitpicking about something that is already known about a oiled high flow air filter is just redundant.
No biggie. You’d be surprised how many people don’t know about the filtration on oiled filters. I’ve been seeing this on car forums since the early 2000’s and plenty of new car people coming here to find answers. I’ve seen more than a few people buy these CAI kits and be upset they didn’t gain 20hp like they said. I do t know what these costs but the last time I checked a kit it was $365. A lot of money for asthetics that’s only seen at car shows. However, there is a market for them or they wouldn’t make them and it does make the engine bay look nicer most of the time.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Yes, I saw that. However, what will Ford say?
Warranty is usually more of an issue with the tune required intakes, i.e. larger maf/map tube which requires adjustment via tuning. Unfortunately those are also the intakes that show the most gains usually...along with a tune. And unless K&N adds a carbon trap to this intake, it is likely to remain "Not for sale or use" in California.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Like to see somebody make (good looking) fabricated intake pipes that would connect to the OEM boxes. Powder coat options to color match the car's paint color or whatever theme you might want. would be great.

Id say once some tuning is available, some other companies will get on board with developing some other intake options for us.

OP
OP
erocker

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I decided to go and install the K&N cold air intake on my 2024 GT Premium and it looks pretty good I think!

20240124_171628.jpg
Probably the best looking K&N kit I've seen. They usually go with plastic where they can. Looks great!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I decided to go and install the K&N cold air intake on my 2024 GT Premium and it looks pretty good I think!

20240124_171628.jpg
What's the intake noise level in comparison to stock?

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
Still waiting to see independent dyno /dragy/ track test metrics.

looks real good đź‘Ť
Same here. I'd gladly get it if it actually gets the power increases it claims.

CJ9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I like the tubes, I just wish someone would make closed boxes to go with it.
Sponsored