• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is anyone else disappointed with the GT Performance Pack??

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I feel like Ford holds the "lower tier" cars back deliberately to induce demand for the "special" models. The base GT & even PP1 GT are deliberately not that great to "encourage" buyers to spend $$$ on Bullitt/Dark Horse/Mach 1/GT 350 etc.

I'm not saying the base GT should ride like a rock, because not everyone needs RACECAR, but it shouldn't come with 235/50 all-seasons on 18x8 wheels and pull only 0.83g on skidpad. (At least this has been improved for the S650 GT, which I think at least gets an 18x8.5 wheel with 255/45 tires (only V-rated though.)

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Thats all I was trying to say.

Yeah, nobody reads the original post.

Having had several SS with the 1LE package I 100% agree with you. The package are so far superior to the PP for the same money it isn't funny. And when I say same money I am considering you have to spend another $2k just to get some manual Recaros which puts it back at the $7k. If I didn't already have a ZL1 I wouldn't have picked the GT over the SS.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
My issue with the PP is that a lot of those items should have been included in the regular GT. The better radiator, the chassis bracing and the Torsen rear end. When you back out the cost of the original items to the PP items how much more money could that be? Also, the lack luster wheels and tire package the car comes with. Really a 19x9 and a 19x9.5" wheel on a 3800lb car? That should be the standard size. The PP car should have a 19X9.5 and a 19X10 at least that way it could support more rubber.

Now I know that could be rectified through aftermarket, but you just spent $5k for the PP. I am going to get the PP cause I do want the Torsen, the better chassis bracing and the better brakes. This should be at best a $3k package.

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
My issue with the PP is that a lot of those items should have been included in the regular GT. The better radiator, the chassis bracing and the Torsen rear end. When you back out the cost of the original items to the PP items how much more money could that be? Also, the lack luster wheels and tire package the car comes with. Really a 19x9 and a 19x9.5" wheel on a 3800lb car? That should be the standard size. The PP car should have a 19X9.5 and a 19X10 at least that way it could support more rubber.

Now I know that could be rectified through aftermarket, but you just spent $5k for the PP. I am going to get the PP cause I do want the Torsen, the better chassis bracing and the better brakes. This should be at best a $3k package.
I haven't been paying too much attention because I've been happy with my '19 PP1, but now that I've looked at the options more closely I'm a little shocked myself. What else is being shortchanged on the S650 performance pack GT besides the wheels/tires? Is everything else the same as the S550 PP1?

I have been thinking you basically had to go DH to get the equivalent of my '19 PP1. Which I'm sure was the point of doing that. Honestly, I've got a set of rolled forged wheels squared up with 275 PS4's for my '19 and use the stock wheels for winter with a winter set of tires. I'm guessing these will be the exact same bolt pattern on the S650? So, no huge deal other than those sad stock wheels/tires.

I'm also a little shocked that the only seat options on the DH are fabric heated/cooled or Recaro. I'm not all that enthused personally with the limited interior choice for the DH. If the online configuration is accurate. Not that it matters. I'm sure they are all spoken for anyway by this point.

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
It's all a moot point camaro and challanger are dead and now Ford will be giving us a lot more buy Mustang the way we want to give it to you or just don't buy it and if enough of us don't buy Mustang then Ford will just kill it and send the money to EV projects.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I was going to buy a 1SS 1LE but could not abide by the styling - that said it's a great track car. So I bought a GT PP Level 2 knowing that it had some compromises compared to the 1LE Camaro. So I had it AED tuned for E85, upgraded the clutch, MGW Shifter, forged wheels, better fluids, and I have all the reliable performance I need for track or street.

Hopefully you S650 folks can do a few things like that. I hope E85 tunes are in your future.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I wouldn’t say the performance pack is disappointing as much as it needs to be more or at the very least bring back the PP2. Ford really needs to crank up both the dark horse and PP1 packages in my opinion. They’re not bad but it’s more of why not take it further. The PP1 has basically been the same parts wise for 9 years lol

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have a bone to pick with GM, so I'm boycotting them.

I know there are foreign options, but I really want to Buy American.
Buying American is a statement of the old ways. We live in a global economy and everyone is getting a piece of everything now. Not being confrontational at all, just pointing out that there’s no such thing as “made in America” anymore lol

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Buying American is a statement of the old ways. We live in a global economy and everyone is getting a piece of everything now. Not being confrontational at all, just pointing out that there’s no such thing as “made in America” anymore lol
I get it if you're someone who's only concerned about the value/quality they get as an individual consumer for a specific vehicle. And while you're entitled to your own decisions as a buyer, to say there's no such thing as "Made in America" any more is simply not true.

1. Ford and GM have a union workforce in America, while the foreign automakers do not. As someone born/raised in a union household, I do personally stand in solidarity with labor unions (they're the reason we enjoy so many workplace protections & benefits today, which can easily be taken away without the fight they put up every so often when colectively bargaining) and will go out of my way to support them when I can.

2. There's an inherent national security risk (albeit it is an extremely low risk, but it stil exists) when we choose not to support domestic manufacturers and they end up failing (taking down all of their potential wartime infrastructure with them). Ultimately, foreign manufacturers answer to (if they're not not outright owned by) their respective foreign governments and will quickly throw the US and its citizens under the bus in a military dispute.

So yes, for these reason, "Made In America" means more than you think and there's still a benefit to doing so, even if the underlying Supply Chain is more integrated than in the past.

Last edited:

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get it if you're someone who's only concerned about the value/quality they get as an individual consumer for a specific vehicle. And while you're entitled to your own decisions as a buyer, to say there's no such thing as "Made in America" any more is simply not true.

1. Ford and GM have a union workforce in America, while the foreign automakers do not. As someone born/raised in a union household, I do personally stand in solidarity with labor unions (they're the reason we enjoy so many workplace protections & benefits today, which can easily be taken away without the fight they put up every so often when colectively bargaining) and will go out of my way to support them when I can.

2. There's an inherent national security risk (albeit it is an extremely low risk, but it stil exists) when we choose not to support domestic manufacturers and they end up failing (taking down all of their potential wartime infrastructure with them). Ultimately, foreign manufacturers answer to (if they're not not outright owned by) their respective foreign governments and will quickly throw the US and its citizens under the bus in a military dispute.

So yes, for these reason, "Made In America" means more than you think and there's still a benefit to doing so, even if the underlying Supply Chain is more integrated than in the past.
Ok. I said i wasn’t trying to be confrontational. But let’s go there then. You’re view of “Made in America” is really “Assembled in America”. I’m not saying we shouldn’t support America’s production jobs. I’m saying choosing one thing over another based in a patriotic ideology isn’t 100% accurate in todays economy. I’m a disabled vet. I love my country. Broke my spine in 2 places serving my country. But I also don’t have a jaded view of the intranational political motivations with regards to trade. You’re upbringing is your upbringing. Your views are shaped by your environment. I have a different environment and a different understanding based on my world travels.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I said i wasn’t trying to be confrontational.
Nor do I expect you to be confrontational.

As I said, you're entitled to your decisions as a buyer just as I'm entitled to mine. I was merely addressing your statement about "Made in America" (again, to say "there's no such thing" is not true).

You mentioned before that you're data analytics guy (which I respect). However, I'm a meat & potatoes kind of guy, so not going to sit here and argue over semantics with you. I think my point was clear and expressed cordially.

I see no purpose in derailing this topic any further, as the original comment that you quoted out of context from several weeks ago was merely addressing an inquiry about why I'm purchasing the Mustang despite its imperfections.

Good day!!! :thumbsup:

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nor do I expect you to be confrontational.

As I said, you're entitled to your decisions as a buyer just as I'm entitled to mine. I was merely addressing your statement about "Made in America" (again, to say "there's no such thing" is not true).

You mentioned before that you're data analytics guy (which I respect). However, I'm a meat & potatoes kind of guy, so not going to sit here and argue over semantics with you. I think my point was clear and expressed cordially.

I see no purpose in derailing this topic any further, as the original comment that you quoted out of context from several weeks ago was merely addressing an inquiry about why I'm purchasing the Mustang despite its imperfections.

Good day!!! :thumbsup:
Much love brother
Sponsored