• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I also like the fact sheet about the fob key history, but did nothing happen between 1967 and 1994? :D
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
maybe this is a stretch, but this could be useful for hot days when you need the AC to cool off the interior quickly. also may be useful for scaring off people snooping around nearby or just scaring people in general. i definitely like this feature, even though i dont think ill use it that much.

of course, there's gonna be those people who go into a parking garage and spam it (bonus points for a whole crew of them), and they're gonna give it a bad name.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I guess it's what Ford pictures as the new generation of Mustang enthusiasts: Can't drive stick...
The irony in this, at least to me, is that I know a significant number of people under the age of 35 who can proficiently drive stick, and have expressed some level of interest in the S650.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The irony in this, at least to me, is that I know a significant number of people under the age of 35 who can proficiently drive stick, and have expressed some level of interest in the S650.
from my experience i find that people who talk about the lack of manuals these days seem to think that
manual transmission = super hard to drive car
instead of what it actually is
manual transmission = inconvenient for most people since a majority of the US lives in cities.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
Of all the stupid things ever put into a vehicle. Is Ford going to pay for the busted windshield from a baseball bat when some bozo with a custom exhaust remote revs his car and pisses someone off?

Really Ford, you could have taken that features resources and put them toward a decent interior.

Good Lord...

(my opinion)
And what would stop this "psycho" from doing the same thing if someone got in their car and revved it the same way? Do you even hear yourself?

I swear some of you come up with the most bizarre scenarios for something so little. It's a cool gimmick that you don't even have to use lol. Get over it

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
While the remote start is great, I doubt I will ever use this...
Same here, I always use remote start when I open my garage door to start my car in the morning, let it warm up and idle down before I back out.
I see NO NEED to REV it up?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Same here, I always use remote start when I open my garage door to start my car in the morning, let it warm up and idle down before I back out.
I see NO NEED to REV it up?
There would absolutely be no need to rev it in your garage lol. But imagine showing your new car to your friends and as y'all walk around you can give it a couple revs. It's badass.
Also I never get to hear my own exhaust since I'm the driver, so this seems like a cool way to hear that from the outside too.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
....imagine showing your new car to your friends and as y'all walk around you can give it a couple revs. It's badass.
For car people, sure. For the other 97.8712% of people, not so much.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
There would absolutely be no need to rev it in your garage lol. But imagine showing your new car to your friends and as y'all walk around you can give it a couple revs. It's badass.
Also I never get to hear my own exhaust since I'm the driver, so this seems like a cool way to hear that from the outside too.
Exactly. No one needs this but then again, no one needs a Mustang. It a toy, lighten up and enjoy it.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Well, this feature was meant for car people. The other 97.8712% won’t even know or care. Or maybe they will find out about it, try it, love it, and become car people.
I swear some people complain just to complain.

Life's not that serious were here to celebrate a cool car and get hyped to drive em 😀

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
And what would stop this "psycho" from doing the same thing if someone got in their car and revved it the same way? Do you even hear yourself?

I swear some of you come up with the most bizarre scenarios for something so little. It's a cool gimmick that you don't even have to use lol. Get over it
Ohhhh... did I hurt your little feelings with my opinion? Too f*cking bad. Deal with it.

There is nothing "cool" about this "gimmick" in my opinion. Get over the fact someone disagrees with you, or don't. I hear myself fine, thanks.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I love seeing the types of banners like the OP. Cool heritage stuff.
Would I have rather had them finally get a HUD instead of the remote rev? Yes. Is the HUD more driver-centric than the remote rev? Yes.
Ipads, drift brake, remote rev all leaning towards attracting a certain demographic? Yes.
Are they wrong for that? 🤷‍♂️
They are trying to do different stuff, which is much more than Dodge or GM are doing for their 24MYs.
Sponsored