• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Hey, @ThreePedalPlow and @Interstellar - If you want to tuck that R7 or R8 up closer to the top of the windshield, here's cheap yet great mount for under $10:

NEW - Uniden R8 Permanent Radar Detector Mount (UND-R8-P) | eBay

If this isn't allowed, please remove. It's not my ad - just a happy customer.
BlendMount for me :) positions it perfect in my opinion without touching the windshield. Plus when you mount it up high like that you introduce the possibility of blocking incoming signals. Yours looks nice though good job

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BlendMount for me :) positions it perfect in my opinion without touching the windshield. Plus when you mount it up high like that you introduce the possibility of blocking incoming signals. Yours looks nice though good job
I considered the BlendMount. Not only could you be stopped and cited for obstructed view here in Michigan, but it would actually obstruct my view hanging that low. The RD isn't touching the windshield with this mount, and there's no signal obstruction at this height. I've actually read in multiple places, the higher the better.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although ... I may end up having to switch to a BlendMount, anyways. I'm having the DH ceramic coated and windows tinted, and the mount I have won't work well with tint on the inside of the windshield ... :/

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
@Interstellar - Annnnnnd I did. LOL.

1711651724082-9q.png
Lots of patience and tiny fingers are required. Try to mount as high as possible on the stalk by forcing it down and out when installing. Also definitely remove the center piece as the instructions mention you might want to. If you don't it hangs very low.
Check my original post for some more details. Good luck and tighten HARD or else it will rattle in a week.

Donj02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Excellent writeup, took maybe 15 minutes taking my time. Thanks for posting.
Sponsored