• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How long before Ford Performance will offer a powerkit for the GT for this car?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Any ideas??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd be more curious when someone unlocks E85 for the ECU. Screw the Ford Performance tune nonsense. It's way too mild.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'd be more curious when someone unlocks E85 for the ECU. Screw the Ford Performance tune nonsense. It's way too mild.
Iā€™m legit surprised to see so many people ready to nuke their warranty for an extra 50-75hp on these things

Am I the only one whoā€™s stomach gets in a knot about the idea of buying a brand new car and kissing a 5 year/60,000 powertrain warranty goodbye?

Iā€™d rather have peace of mind and treat the throttle like those carnival hammer strength tests in stock form rather than losing sleep if I wanted to abuse it with a voided warranty, at least for the first half of that warranty

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Iā€™m legit surprised to see so many people ready to nuke their warranty for an extra 50-75hp on these things

Am I the only one whoā€™s stomach gets in a knot about the idea of buying a brand new car and kissing a 5 year/60,000 powertrain warranty goodbye?

Iā€™d rather have peace of mind and treat the throttle like those carnival hammer strength tests in stock form rather than losing sleep if I wanted to abuse it with a voided warranty, at least for the first half of that warranty
The 5.0 has been rock solid reliable for many years. This engine will be no different and in fact has stronger connecting rods. Get a reliable tune and you have nothing to worry about. If your tuner pushes every bit of timing possible out because you wanted them to, then you can kiss your warranty goodbye. Factory tunes run really rich for a reason... super conservative and over-safe.

I will say, however, my Mach 1 tune is already pretty decent from Ford. Not much to squeeze at all on 93 octane. The tune just cleans up some sloppiness of the factory tune and got rid of the pops and backfires. E85 however was a huge difference.

Been tuned since 1,800 miles on my Mach 1, zero issues.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500

Considering the fact that Ford is severely limiting the tuning capability for the new MY, Iā€™m willing to bet that their approved list of affiliates that will able to have access to tune will keep the warranty intact.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Considering the fact that Ford is severely limiting the tuning capability for the new MY, Iā€™m willing to bet that their approved list of affiliates that will able to have access to tune will keep the warranty intact.
Was referencing the idea of an E85 tune. I think itā€™s a safe assumption that approved vendors wonā€™t affect warranty integrity

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Omgā€¦ tunes wonā€™t be a problem at all, they already have the gen4 ecu cracked from the F150s

@OppoLock if you datalog these cars and saw how much KR is in these stock tunes youā€™d realize your engine is more likely to live a longer healthier life on a E85 tune

Put 1-2000 miles on it to make sure there are no build quality anomalies and then let it eat.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Omgā€¦ tunes wonā€™t be a problem at all, they already have the gen4 ecu cracked from the F150s
It would be naive to think that an F150 and a Mustang would have the same ECU. Also even if it is the same the encryption will most likely be totally different. Do not believe you will see any jailbreaks for at least a year or two, if ever. If they want to lock it down, they can.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Whipple has access, Livernois has access, roush will have itā€¦ itā€™s out there/non issue.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The 5.0 has been rock solid reliable for many years. This engine will be no different and in fact has stronger connecting rods. Get a reliable tune and you have nothing to worry about. If your tuner pushes every bit of timing possible out because you wanted them to, then you can kiss your warranty goodbye. Factory tunes run really rich for a reason... super conservative and over-safe.

I will say, however, my Mach 1 tune is already pretty decent from Ford. Not much to squeeze at all on 93 octane. The tune just cleans up some sloppiness of the factory tune and got rid of the pops and backfires. E85 however was a huge difference.

Been tuned since 1,800 miles on my Mach 1, zero issues.

@OppoLock if you datalog these cars and saw how much KR is in these stock tunes youā€™d realize your engine is more likely to live a longer healthier life on a E85 tune

Put 1-2000 miles on it to make sure there are no build quality anomalies and then let it eat.
To each their own. Sure, everythingā€™s overbuilt but the idea of having a one-off issue due to a manufacturing defect and then not being able to claim repair under warranty gives me the sweats

I feel like 50% of the why behind buying new is to have the latest and greatest, and the other 50% is having a virgin maintenance history and warranty on top

If I was tuning right off the bat Iā€™d probably go moderately used, but thatā€™s just me

Or Iā€™d be sure I had 25% of the carā€™s value in immediate savings access to spend on nightmare situations

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I just realized Iā€™m like a halfway hypocrite since I bought a Civic Si back in December and already stuck a Ktuner and TSP flash on the thingā€¦ I just know if SHTF I can comfortably afford the bill.