• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How long a wait if you order today?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Just looking for a very rough estimate on how long the wait time would be if you order a Mustang GT Premium convertible today? Only options would be 401A, Brembos, AVE. Thanks!
Sponsored

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I ordered 10/2 and production scheduled week of 12/18. This aligns with dealer guidance of 3-4 months from order to delivery.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I ordered 9/28 est production 12/4, my dealer said it could be here around the end of January.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Mine was five months. Ordered 5/8 and picked up 10/14. GT Vapor Blue coupe 10spd with Nite Pony; no PP. YMMV.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I think it somewhat comes down to dumb luck. Mine seems to have been one of the faster deliveries from all the comments I’ve seen. I placed my order 6/21, VIN assigned 6/22, delivered to the dealership 8/30. GT Premium, Race Red, 401a, PP, Magneride, Active Exhaust.

The averages appear to be around 3-4 months (without NPP) from hearing all the timelines on deliveries. Night Pony Package seems to make the wait even longer.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I ordered 10/2 and production scheduled week of 12/18. This aligns with dealer guidance of 3-4 months from order to delivery.
My dealer also said 3 - 4 months. But it only took about 2.5 months.
I ordered 9/28 est production 12/4, my dealer said it could be here around the end of January.
Mine was five months. Ordered 5/8 and picked up 10/14. GT Vapor Blue coupe 10spd with Nite Pony; no PP. YMMV.
I think it somewhat comes down to dumb luck. Mine seems to have been one of the faster deliveries from all the comments I’ve seen. I placed my order 6/21, VIN assigned 6/22, delivered to the dealership 8/30. GT Premium, Race Red, 401a, PP, Magneride, Active Exhaust.

The averages appear to be around 3-4 months (without NPP) from hearing all the timelines on deliveries. Night Pony Package seems to make the wait even longer.
Thanks for the replies, they are very helpful. Sounds like 3+ months is normal.

Couple other questions for those that have ordered:

Is the deposit refundable. For example, what if I find the exact configured car I ordered sitting on a lot somewhere not long after I order? Can I cancel the order at that point and just buy the other car?

What if something else happens such as wrecking my trade-in after ordering? What if they simply do not offer me what I feel my car is worth? Do I get my $1,000 back or do they keep it?

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Is the deposit refundable. For example, what if I find the exact configured car I ordered sitting on a lot somewhere not long after I order? Can I cancel the order at that point and just buy the other car?

What if something else happens such as wrecking my trade-in after ordering? What if they simply do not offer me what I feel my car is worth? Do I get my $1,000 back or do they keep it?
Probably depends on dealership. Mine was a $500 refundable deposit.

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Agree on dumb luck, my order has NPP and is slated for a 2-3 month turnaround.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,

Supposedly it's non refundable but in my case I have dealt with this dealer since 2004 and have purchased / leased many vehicles from them, I'm confident I would get it back. I would ask your dealer that question to be sure though.

Stangry97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Yes deposit is refundable

Bob M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
All interesting replies. Is anyone aware of any wait times that are directly dependent on certain options? I am going to order a GT Premium, 400A, 6 speed, Performance Pkg, Nite Pony, Active Exhaust and MagneRide suspension. Any thoughts or comments would be very much appreciated. I would like to shoot for a late April, early May delivery as I live in the Great White North, heard Pirelli P-Zero tires aren't great in the snow. Lol...!

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red

My dealer did not require a deposit. They had no problem if I didn’t want it when it came in because they could make more off the sale. The only other times I’ve ordered vehicles were BMWs. Those required a $1,000 deposit, but it was refundable at any time, even after the car was delivered.

If the dealer is giving a great deal on the car, then I could see paying a non-refundable deposit, but if it is just an average price, I wouldn’t agree to it being non-refundable. There are just too many dealers out there who will order with a refundable deposit or no deposit at all.
Sponsored