• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
FYI, from Long McArthur.

(You need to jump to ~ 18:17 to cut through the initial waffle)

Sponsored

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Great info here.

Highlights:

2187 cars in the retail order bank.

41% of orders were optioned for black painted roof.

Ford planned 13%.
So we can only assume Ford planned on 5% of NP orders being a black car.

8% planned for NP vs 20% of current orders.

Bottom line good luck scoring NP as nothing there adds up.

Plan is to build 50% GT, 20% Vert.

20% were planned as PP vs 42% of orders. (Not looking good for PP)

Bronze package 5% vs 1% ordered.

It looks like everyone here should have their car built by the end of August barring the obvious shortages in package builds.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Tl;dw

Any Dark Horse related tidbits beyond the black painted roof fiasco??

Honestly, Ford, just offer everyone an option of $300 cash and forego the black painted roof so they can have it wrapped black after the fact.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Just over 2100 orders for the Mustang? Seems low
Retail orders. They didn't say how many total stock orders there are.

The vast majority of mustang owners/buyers go to a lot and buy one, not make a custom order like we are. But I agree it seems low. He did say it excludes the Dark Horse from that total.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Is the PP take rate from retail orders, or all orders? I guess what I'm saying is why can't Ford build out all the retail orders first, then whatever commodities are left would go to stock orders?

I'm surprised by the low take rate for the bronze package, but kinda excited, too, because it'll make my car more rare. Only 1% is crazy to me.

Good video. Very informative. I guess we find out tomorrow if we got build dates or not. Crossing my fingers, but I have the PP so I'm not 100% confident I'll get a build date. Here's hoping.....

Mikey7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Is the PP take rate from retail orders, or all orders? I guess what I'm saying is why can't Ford build out all the retail orders first, then whatever commodities are left would go to stock orders?

I'm surprised by the low take rate for the bronze package, but kinda excited, too, because it'll make my car more rare. Only 1% is crazy to me.

Good video. Very informative. I guess we find out tomorrow if we got build dates or not. Crossing my fingers, but I have the PP so I'm not 100% confident I'll get a build date. Here's hoping.....
Yes I suppose if dealers get their car people can see them , and likely sell more of f them , here’s hoping we get ours before summer is over

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
Looking at all of this it makes me hopeful that I'll get scheduled this week. Ordered 5/3 no performance pack and no nite pony just gt premium 401a with active exhaust. And there are some people that ordered after me with performance pack that already got a date.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium

The simple answer is the vast majority of purchases at the dealer are for stock vehicles (it's only within the past few years that more & more buyers have been requesting custom orders), and ultimately, the dealer is Ford's customer (not us, the buyers) since it's the dealer that moves the vehicle Ford builds. So yes, Ford as a result will prioritize dealer orders.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The fact that Ford only planned to make 13% of its obviously most popular package is crazy.

Also what does it mean that they only "planned for 13%"? They can only do 13% of them this year? 13% for the entire lifecycle of the S650?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’m gonna switch my entire build up at this point.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Great info here.

Highlights:

2187 cars in the retail order bank.

41% of orders were optioned for black painted roof.

Ford planned 13%.
So we can only assume Ford planned on 5% of NP orders being a black car.

8% planned for NP vs 20% of current orders.

Bottom line good luck scoring NP as nothing there adds up.

Plan is to build 50% GT, 20% Vert.

20% were planned as PP vs 42% of orders. (Not looking good for PP)

Bronze package 5% vs 1% ordered.

It looks like everyone here should have their car built by the end of August barring the obvious shortages in package builds.

Jesus...i'm feeling extremely lucky that mine is in production. But this does essentially confirm my theory on the NP: The shortages is due to their own planned limitations....seems like whoever their analyst is for deciding how much of X customers would want needs to make some adjustments going forward....

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
One of the few times in my life I did good by not getting what I thought I wanted. Plan is to just wrap the roof and spoiler in black if I ever wanted to go that way.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The simple answer is the vast majority of purchases at the dealer are for stock vehicles (it's only within the past few years that more & more buyers have been requesting custom orders), and ultimately, the dealer is Ford's customer (not us, the buyers) since it's the dealer that moves the vehicle Ford builds. So yes, Ford as a result will prioritize dealer orders.
The fact that the order priority for retail is above any dealer stock would suggest that Ford will always prioritize sold orders rather than stock orders.
Sponsored