• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I can't tell if you're joking or not?

You won't get your car in less than 3 weeks if you're one of the retail orders being scheduled right now. Likely not until late August, early September.
I’m not joking. There’s others that have their cars finished with delivery dates as well. I ordered early.
Also contacted my dealer today, they told me the dates are accurate. So, yeah, less than three weeks.

S650 Mustang Ford's Allocation System & How It Affects Your Order + Current Mustang Scheduling Notes (by Long McArthur) IMG_3530
Sponsored

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You won't get your car in less than 3 weeks if you're one of the retail orders being scheduled right now. Likely not until late August, early September.
5/22 went to production, went to trim line two days earlier than scheduled blend of 6/7, “produced” 6/12.

S650 Mustang Ford's Allocation System & How It Affects Your Order + Current Mustang Scheduling Notes (by Long McArthur) IMG_3416

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I’ll follow up when it’s sitting in my driveway 🤙

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, you are one of the first US orders getting theirs. Congrats!
My dealership is super excited to get it in as well. They said it’ll be one of the first ones in the area.
I was the first to order through them as well. I’m stoked!

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I’ll follow up when it’s sitting in my driveway 🤙
Just to clarify, your order was already built, then?

My bad, it sounded like you were saying your order was one being scheduled right now, which means it wouldn't be built until August. Sorry for the confusion.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
5/22 went to production, went to trim line two days earlier than scheduled blend of 6/7, “produced” 6/12.

IMG_3416.png
Oops, missed this entirely! Right on!

fordvideoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
The simple answer is the vast majority of purchases at the dealer are for stock vehicles (it's only within the past few years that more & more buyers have been requesting custom orders), and ultimately, the dealer is Ford's customer (not us, the buyers) since it's the dealer that moves the vehicle Ford builds. So yes, Ford as a result will prioritize dealer orders.
retail orders are prioritized over stock orders. Priority codes for retail are 10-19 where stock is 20-80. Lower the better.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just over 2100 orders for the Mustang? Seems low
My guess with complete ignorance......

3000 dealers.

Conservative estimate to fill lots and retail:
avg 6 cars per dealer x 3000 = 18000
retail orders 2100
18000 + 2100 = 20100 cars.

That can be built at say 350 cars a day. We should see stock and all customer vehicles sans parts shortages mentioned above in 57 work days aka 12 weeks aka 3 months. Add delivery time to that. 4 months total or October of this year.

Aggressive estimate to fill lots and retail:
avg 10 cars per dealer x 3000 = 30000
retail orders 2100
30000 + 2100 = 30100 cars.

That can be built at say 350 cars a day. We should see stock and all customer vehicles sans parts shortages mentioned above in 86 work days aka 17.2 weeks aka 4.3 months. Add delivery time to that. 5-6 months total or November / December of this year.

I know we have seen daily build much higher on stickers, but I am trying to account for issues and play it safe a bit on the numbers.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
retail orders are prioritized over stock orders. Priority codes for retail are 10-19 where stock is 20-80. Lower the better.
it's now 3-19 for retail orders.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
A couple points (as you're the 2nd person to say this):

1. My understanding that priority codes really only matter for the purposes of dealers determining in which order they would like to receive their vehicles, not necessarily when Ford schedules them. And in theory (although this may not be how the system is supposed to works), they could assign orders meant for stock with a retail priority code & vice-versa.

2. For new production vehicles (which the S650 is), my understanding is that Ford runs stock orders as sort of a "test" before scheduling retail orders, to ensure there are no quality issues. But also, Ford (the OEM) wants those stock vehicles on the lots as soon as possible since they make up the vast majority of sales.

Source:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1448983-stock-vs-retail-from-ford-chat.html

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
A couple point (as you're the 2nd person to say this):

1. My understanding that priority codes really only matter for the purposes of dealers determining in which order they would like to receive their vehicles, not necessarily when Ford schedules them. And in theory (although it nat not be how the system works), they could assign orders meant for stock with a retial priority code & vice-versa.

2. For new production vehicles (which the S650 is), my understanding is that Ford runs stock orders as sort of a "test" before scheduling retail orders, to ensure there are no quality issues. But also, Ford wants vehicles on the lots as soon as possible since thry make up the vast majority of sales.

Source:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1448983-stock-vs-retail-from-ford-chat.html
The lower the number the higher the priority your order will get at the dealer. AKA your order will come first before stock orders and lower priority retails.

Ford determines what they run at the plants. The weekly scheduling updates usually disseminate what they are building. IE this week they are in fact running retail orders.

The Flat Rock drone video, it is apparent those are Stock orders for dealer fulfillment, as they are blue labels on the Monroney.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Maybe FORD can borrow some black paint from GM. They seem to have enough:

This is from corvette today article:
In Japan, if you buy a C8 Z06, you can have any color you want....as long as it's black

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 oxford white blue stripe, sold. 2020 oxford white GT500 waiting to come home.
it's now 3-19 for retail orders.
I have a priority code of 10, spoke to sales manager yesterday about changing to code 3 and was told cannot change due to the fact the order is in preview status being ready to be scheduled. Has anyone had this told to them and if so how long after was vin# issued?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
the order is in preview status being ready to be scheduled. Has anyone had this told to them and if so how long after was vin# issued?
If not the day of, within 24-36 hours of scheduling for production, you should receive a notice, date and VIN.
Sponsored

Last edited: