• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
This forum gets a mention!

Sponsored

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Do you know why Ford is not shipping the Mustangs that have been produced?
No OKTB reached yet. The line needs to go 3 days in a row without incident, I believe.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Here’s the weird part to me about OKTB. So many have been built and are sitting there….what does it matter to those cars what the production line is doing. It does change anything to do with them already being produced.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
No OKTB reached yet. The line needs to go 3 days in a row without incident, I believe.
I wonder what "incident" is defined as?

So, after weeks of production, this must mean FRAP are having "incidents" every day or two, because it appears three days in a row eludes them?

For the Monty Python fans!
Three shall be thy number.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I wonder what "incident" is defined as?

So, after weeks of production, this must mean FRAP are having "incidents" every day or two, because it appears three days in a row eludes them?

For the Monty Python fans!
Three shall be thy number.

Nice…..

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
OKTB (ok-to-buy) includes more than mentioned above such as passing all internal tests and benchmarks, as well as, demonstrating and providing those compliance packages to the governing body for the market which they're entering- this is more relevant in self-certification markets such as North America, where as Europe and China, are witness based with an approved third party testing authority. Whatever the case is, they're really close and it should be any day now.

Last edited:

KWC_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
OKTB sound like something that was made up on the internet. Maybe Ford is waiting on an official launch date.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
OKTB sound like something that was made up on the internet. Maybe Ford is waiting on an official launch date.
I agree that it's a strange term, but it's legit - OK to buy. OK to sell would seem more logical.

Last edited:

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
Its not "strange or unique to Ford at all". I literally remember in the 90's, waiting on new Honda's to arrive and each one that finally showed up at our dealership had these little "Ok to buy" stickers on the windows when they rolled off of the truck. Honda was going through some serious quality issues back then as well and was holding shipments at both their USA and Canadian plants for a while too.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
This is getting hilarious.

just to be clear… it’s not like they build a few hundred cars and trickle them out for a new vehicle launch.

they want THOUSANDS built to begin shipping.
They will want to have thousands already built and the line speed ramped up.
Production targets are what need to be met first.. they will be shipping after that is aligned.

we’re so close and the lack of patience or understanding of manufacturing by some is funny… any. day. now.
Sponsored