• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Put in my order yesterday. Vaper blue, 10 speed, 401a, PP, active exhaust. Just got my build date for august 7th. Had a priority code of 10. Super pumped! Didn’t take night pony cuz I was afraid it would take too long. Now I’m wondering if it was the right call.
Ordered mine Monday lol
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
I have a priority code of 10, spoke to sales manager yesterday about changing to code 3 and was told cannot change due to the fact the order is in preview status being ready to be scheduled. Has anyone had this told to them and if so how long after was vin# issued?
I wouldn't mess with it if it is previewing although you could. 3-9 is only in testing and Ford has advised dealers not to use them.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Ordered Mar 30 and nothing. Everything is entered in the system. I do not understand why others are getting pulled with similar orders as mine, but yet they ordered months after me. Makes no sense, and I'm starting to get a little pissy about it.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 oxford white blue stripe, sold. 2020 oxford white GT500 waiting to come home.
Got scheduled today with NP. Production is August 21st

Ordered on May 16th
Did you get a email from Ford or did you find out on your own?

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple points (as you're the 2nd person to say this):

1. My understanding that priority codes really only matter for the purposes of dealers determining in which order they would like to receive their vehicles, not necessarily when Ford schedules them. And in theory (although this may not be how the system is supposed to works), they could assign orders meant for stock with a retail priority code & vice-versa.

2. For new production vehicles (which the S650 is), my understanding is that Ford runs stock orders as sort of a "test" before scheduling retail orders, to ensure there are no quality issues. But also, Ford (the OEM) wants those stock vehicles on the lots as soon as possible since they make up the vast majority of sales.

Source:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1448983-stock-vs-retail-from-ford-chat.html
Retail orders are looked at by the system for scheduling first as long as they can schedule that retail order based on the configuration. Example, if a dealer has one retail order and it is a nite pony package and their stock order don't have it, Ford may use an allocation to fulfill that stock order because they can't built the nite pony package. That is the purpose of the retail priority codes being lower than all stock priority codes. A dealer could put a stock in as retail but it would need a customer information tied to it.

You are a 100% correct on #2. Ford was wanting to get some stock orders to dealer lots at the beginning. They are only scheduling retail orders this week.

fordvideoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The guy in the video stated there were 2187 orders in the retail order bank. I would assume that is the total ordered whether they were fulfilled or not.

I would agree it seems to be a low number, however I stumbled on the 24 Mustang so I will go out on a limb and say the general public is equally unaware. Once they hit the streets, it will be a different story, but I agree with the prevailing thought that the sports car market is smaller than it was in 2014/15 when the S550 hit the streets.
That number was unscheduled retail orders.

FriskyTurtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR86
Ordered Mar 30 and nothing. Everything is entered in the system. I do not understand why others are getting pulled with similar orders as mine, but yet they ordered months after me. Makes no sense, and I'm starting to get a little pissy about it.
I went through the same thing last thing April. Had an s550 on order for 5 months and never got a build date. I later found out there were three allocations ahead of me. This time I found a dealer with an allocation. Ordered yesterday and got picked today. It might be a good idea to call around to other dealerships to see who has an allocation

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through the same thing last thing April. Had an s550 on order for 5 months and never got a build date. I later found out there were three allocations ahead of me. This time I found a dealer with an allocation. Ordered yesterday and got picked today. It might be a good idea to call around to other dealerships to see who has an allocation
Good point, but my priority code is 10. There is only one other Mustang retail orders at my dealer I am aware of and he's got the only DH allocation for my dealer. It's a very small dealer in my little north Georgia town, so I think that maybe affects it? I threatened hard today to pull my order so they're finally bending over backwards to do everything to get mine built, whatever that means. Probably just lip service.

FriskyTurtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR86
Good point, but my priority code is 10. There is only one other Mustang retail orders at my dealer I am aware of and he's got the only DH allocation for my dealer. It's a very small dealer in my little north Georgia town, so I think that maybe affects it? I threatened hard today to pull my order so they're finally bending over backwards to do everything to get mine built, whatever that means. Probably just lip service.
Hopefully they get ford to prioritize you. I asked my salesperson and he told me that it seems random which orders are picked. The only thing that seems certain is if they have all the parts for your build, you have a shot of getting picked

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully they get ford to prioritize you. I asked my salesperson and he told me that it seems random which orders are picked. The only thing that seems certain is if they have all the parts for your build, you have a shot of getting picked
Another member here has my exact build, but mine is a hard top. He got the soft top. Seems they have the parts for it.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Retail orders are looked at by the system for scheduling first as long as they can schedule that retail order based on the configuration. Example, if a dealer has one retail order and it is a nite pony package and their stock order don't have it, Ford may use an allocation to fulfill that stock order because they can't built the nite pony package. That is the purpose of the retail priority codes being lower than all stock priority codes. A dealer could put a stock in as retail but it would need a customer information tied to it.

You are a 100% correct on #2. Ford was wanting to get some stock orders to dealer lots at the beginning. They are only scheduling retail orders this week.
Now the whole retail priority code thing is even more confusing with your explanation (although it's good to know a method exists behind the madness). :crazy:

But it's nice that they're focusing on retail orders now that they've completed the initial stock orders.

BTW, I'm just now connecting the dots, and it occurred me that you're Tom from Long McArthur Ford! Your videos with Sarah have been a hit on here (and have helped to keep us sane). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Another member here has my exact build, but mine is a hard top. He got the soft top. Seems they have the parts for it.
Brian my guy, please for the love of god place another order at a different dealer. Your's seems to be screwing you. You can have both ordered and just take delivery on whichever shows up first. You have no obligation to stay loyal to a specific dealer, especially if they aren't treating you, the customer, in the way you want.
Sponsored