• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT and GT Premium Interior Question!

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
If you are looking for an upgraded interior you need to add the 401a package to the “premium“ car. This give you the soft touch surfaces on the doors dash, and consoles.

Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
● Accent Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot
● Color-accented Leather-Trimmed Seats
● Premium Floor Mats with Metal Gray Accent Stitch
● Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel – 5-Piece w/ Chrome Bezel ● Seat Belt w/ Color Accent
● Unique Color-accented Door-Trim
● Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch
Note: See Color & Trim Availability section for seat color information
The Premium does have some interior upgrades over the Base without going for the 401a package though:

● Aluminum Foot Pedals
● Ambient Lighting with MyColor®
● Climate Control – Dual-Zone Electronic, Automatic
● Aluminum Front Door Sill Scuff Plates
● Heated Steering Wheel
● Magnesium Framed Curved Glass Display
● Premium Door Trim
● Seats, Leather-Trimmed (Front), Vinyl (Rear)
— 6-way Power Driver Seat w/Power Lumbar
— 4-way Power Passenger Seat
— Climate Controlled (Heated and Cooled, Driver and Front Passenger)
● Soft Door Rollover
Sponsored

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Really torn between getting 401A or sticking with 400A, myself personally. 400A for S650 has more standard goodies in it that weren't in the outgoing model S550.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Really torn between getting 401A or sticking with 400A, myself personally. 400A for S650 has more standard goodies in it that weren't in the outgoing model S550.
It’s tough because I like the better quality of the soft touch. But idk. Does anyone have a list of what 401a done with exactly?

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Thanks! How are the seatbelts going to be?
The seatbelts will have a stripe in them indicating the accent package you'd select. I've seen black with a white stripe so far and red with a black stripe. Not sure what else there is but the order guide does not clarify the accents for the seatbelts.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
It’s tough because I like the better quality of the soft touch. But idk. Does anyone have a list of what 401a done with exactly?
Did you see my post a couple back? Premium (without 401a) does still give you some nice interior upgrades. Including some soft touch/trim upgrades.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Did you see my post a couple back? Premium (without 401a) does still give you some nice interior upgrades. Including some soft touch/trim upgrades.
The big difference between base and premium interior has always been the heated & cooled leather trimmed seats. The only other difference is the door card trim looks a little nicer. All of the soft touch panels come with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group which is part of the 401a.

Based on your signature I’m guessing you did not get the 401a. That’s your call but the 401a interior is a very nice upgrade.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
The big difference between base and premium interior has always been the heated & cooled leather trimmed seats. The only other difference is the door card trim looks a little nicer. All of the soft touch panels come with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group which is part of the 401a.

Based on your signature I’m guessing you did not get the 401a. That’s your call but the 401a interior is a very nice upgrade.
The upgrades the Premium trim gives the interior is enough for me as this will just be a weekend/cruise night/drag strip/autocross car.

The Premium door panels do have the soft touch rollover part (along with the better door panel trim you mentioned). Which is a nice step up from the Base. The only part of the 401a I would like would be the better floor mats and wrapped knee bolsters, which I can add myself.

If it was my daily, then I would get the 401a for the added audio and safety items. But I do not want any of that being how the car will be used.

Last edited:

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
The Premium does have some interior upgrades over the Base without going for the 401a package though:

● Aluminum Foot Pedals
● Ambient Lighting with MyColor®
● Climate Control – Dual-Zone Electronic, Automatic
● Aluminum Front Door Sill Scuff Plates
● Heated Steering Wheel
● Magnesium Framed Curved Glass Display
● Premium Door Trim
● Seats, Leather-Trimmed (Front), Vinyl (Rear)
— 6-way Power Driver Seat w/Power Lumbar
— 4-way Power Passenger Seat
— Climate Controlled (Heated and Cooled, Driver and Front Passenger)
● Soft Door Rollover
So if you get the GT base it won’t come with the curved display, it’ll just come with the 2 big screens separated ?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So if you get the GT base it won’t come with the curved display, it’ll just come with the 2 big screens separated ?
From what I've seen so far, they are the same screens for the base, just not connected. The continuous screen doesn't seem to be functional all the way across

S650 Mustang GT and GT Premium Interior Question! Mustang-Interior-1

S650 Mustang GT and GT Premium Interior Question! mustang-base-interior-is-the-ipads

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
From what I've seen so far, they are the same screens for the base, just not connected. The continuous screen doesn't seem to be functional all the way across

Mustang-Interior-1.jpg

mustang-base-interior-is-the-ipads.jpg
So GT base you’d have the screens in bottom pic?

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
So GT base you’d have the screens in bottom pic?
Yes, as one of the Premium features is the "Magnesium Framed Curved Glass Display".

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
No there will be differences in the material types between base and premium. I was just commenting on the fact that ford's premium materials are still cheap compared true premium interiors from other brands
There not cheaper.
There are Less Expensive.
Sponsored