• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT and GT Premium Interior Question!

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
So my question is… GT base and GT Premium. If I bought a GT base and added Recaros… would the back seats be cloth on my GT base? And what about the rest of the car? Is it hard plastic etc? What does GT PREMIUM give you interior quality wise?
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is no such thing as a premium mustang interior, but the base seats are cloth all around

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So the base and premium, the interior is the same? Soft door panel arm rests, etc.
No there will be differences in the material types between base and premium. I was just commenting on the fact that ford's premium materials are still cheap compared true premium interiors from other brands

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
No there will be differences in the material types between base and premium. I was just commenting on the fact that ford's premium materials are still cheap compared true premium interiors from other brands
Got it!

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I don't know what the main differences are with the current car, but I went with the premium when I had my 16 mostly for the bigger screen, NAV and better audio. Also the heated and cooled leather seats. It was my first car with those items and now I don't think I could ever go back to "regular" seats. But then again if you were to get the Recaros and upgrade the stereo aftermarket it may not be that big of a deal. I hate the new model interior with that huge info screen though.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
I don't know what the main differences are with the current car, but I went with the premium when I had my 16 mostly for the bigger screen, NAV and better audio. Also the heated and cooled leather seats. It was my first car with those items and now I don't think I could ever go back to "regular" seats. But then again if you were to get the Recaros and upgrade the stereo aftermarket it may not be that big of a deal. I hate the new model interior with that huge info screen though.
I know what you mean. I had a car with cloth once and when I got my first car with leather, it was hard to ever go back to cloth. The info screen is you like it or you don’t. I feel like corvette owners had the same debate when the C8 was announced.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Not sure if the order guide in Canada is the same, but US order guide shows you cannot get Recaros with non-premium GT

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
It looks like Recaro’s might be getting heated and cooled seats. The videos of people poking through the interior at the reveal show perforated material on those white Recaro’s. If this ends up being the case, I’ll likely get Recaro’s in my own vehicle. Ever since owning a Lexus, I can’t ever go back to stiff cloth seats without heated or cooled seats.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If you are looking for an upgraded interior you need to add the 401a package to the “premium“ car. This give you the soft touch surfaces on the doors dash, and consoles.

Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
● Accent Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot
● Color-accented Leather-Trimmed Seats
● Premium Floor Mats with Metal Gray Accent Stitch
● Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel – 5-Piece w/ Chrome Bezel ● Seat Belt w/ Color Accent
● Unique Color-accented Door-Trim
● Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch
Note: See Color & Trim Availability section for seat color information

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
If you are looking for an upgraded interior you need to add the 401a package to the “premium“ car. This give you the soft touch surfaces on the doors dash, and consoles.

Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
● Accent Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot
● Color-accented Leather-Trimmed Seats
● Premium Floor Mats with Metal Gray Accent Stitch
● Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel – 5-Piece w/ Chrome Bezel ● Seat Belt w/ Color Accent
● Unique Color-accented Door-Trim
● Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch
Note: See Color & Trim Availability section for seat color information
Oh so you need 401a for the soft touch finishes?