• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I just made the comment following someone else’s. The Jack rail for the convertible is different than the hard top, we have a convertible and the Jack rail I purchased last fall was for the 2023, Steeda was unclear if it would work or not and made that clear. They also asked for my feedback. Upon installing, there were some differences which could be worked around, however there was a great deal of deflection( it bowed) to the point that it would have bottomed out a against the head of the screws that held the protection and it was something that I personally did not feel comfortable with. They took it back with what feedback I had to offer.
Thanks for the clarification. I should be good to go.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Thanks for the clarification. I should be good to go.
That was my initial inquiry with Steeda, will the jacking rails: Steeda Mustang Convertible Low-Profile Jacking Rails (2015-2023) SKU: 555 5207 | MPN: 555-5207, fit the 2024 Convertibles as referenced in their product add for the hardtops: Steeda Mustang Coupe Low-Profile Jacking Rails (2015-2024) SKU: 555 5205 | MPN: 555-5205 . Note: Fits Fastback coupe models only. Convertible cars require Steeda 555 5207 sold HERE .
Steeda confirmed they would, but now, after hearing of customer issues, they're being asked the question again. If the issues are with the 2013 version and the 2014 versions have been upgraded / improved, then we should be ok. Should be.............

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was my initial inquiry with Steeda, will the jacking rails: Steeda Mustang Convertible Low-Profile Jacking Rails (2015-2023) SKU: 555 5207 | MPN: 555-5207, fit the 2024 Convertibles as referenced in their product add for the hardtops: Steeda Mustang Coupe Low-Profile Jacking Rails (2015-2024) SKU: 555 5205 | MPN: 555-5205 . Note: Fits Fastback coupe models only. Convertible cars require Steeda 555 5207 sold HERE .
Steeda confirmed they would, but now, after hearing of customer issues, they're being asked the question again. If the issues are with the 2013 version and the 2014 versions have been upgraded / improved, then we should be ok. Should be.............
I have the 555-5212, supposedly the Mustang Coupe Full-Length Jacking Rails.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, had to look. 5212 - Full Length. 5205 Low Profile. Steeda still references the 5207 for the convertibles on both product ads. Just got update, rails shipped, will keep fingers crossed no issues down the road. Warranted for life so no real worrries. No reply yet from my email to Steeda.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Okay, I have an update for all of you. The jacking rails are a direct carry over from the S650 & we had made adjustments to include longer bolts in the kit. It appears some of the older kits went out without the longer bolts.

If you have the S650 jacking rails & need the longer bolts - please email me at [email protected] & we'll get this handled for you - along with your order number.

Thank you,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Yea, had to look. 5212 - Full Length. 5205 Low Profile. Steeda still references the 5207 for the convertibles on both product ads. Just got update, rails shipped, will keep fingers crossed no issues down the road. Warranted for life so no real worrries. No reply yet from my email to Steeda.
To whom did you email? I don't see an email in our system with this subject - please forward to [email protected]

Best,

TJ

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To whom did you email? I don't see an email in our system with this subject - please forward to [email protected]

Best,

TJ
Sent to sales @steeda.com. Can disregard now, looks like you have taken care of things, thanks.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Okay, I have an update for all of you. The jacking rails are a direct carry over from the S650 & we had made adjustments to include longer bolts in the kit. It appears some of the older kits went out without the longer bolts.

If you have the S650 jacking rails & need the longer bolts - please email me at [email protected] & we'll get this handled for you - along with your order number.

Thank you,

TJ
Now I’m confused. 🙃

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update 2: Received call and email from Team Steeda stating the following:
We have NOT had a 2024 convertible in the shop to try these on, so we do not know with all certainty that these will indeed fit. If you look at the description it only lists 2015-2023 because that is all that our mechanics have installed these on.
So....no jacking rails available yet from Steeda for the 2024 mustang convertibles.
Sorry this got dragged out...

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have NOT had a 2024 convertible in the shop to try these on, so we do not know with all certainty that these will indeed fit. If you look at the description it only lists 2015-2023 because that is all that our mechanics have installed these on.
So....no jacking rails available yet from Steeda for the 2024 mustang convertibles.
Glad someone clarified the question.

Reactions: Zig
OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
The 2023’ I tried did bolt in, I had to get some longer bolts and I had the protection board out for the mock up and fitment and like I said, they did bolt it but the diflection was too much and would end up contacting the heads of the screws for the protection board. Some cutting of the protection would for sure be required as well, but it all seemed less than ideal

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
I will have to go back & speak to my manufacturing team, lol - but glad we got this all straightened out.

Best,

TJ

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The 2023’ I tried did bolt in, I had to get some longer bolts and I had the protection board out for the mock up and fitment and like I said, they did bolt it but the diflection was too much and would end up contacting the heads of the screws for the protection board. Some cutting of the protection would for sure be required as well, but it all seemed less than ideal
I put on the Accelatec Rails from CJ Pony Parts which say they are for the 2024 (I do not have the convertible, however...not sure it there is a difference along the pinch weld).
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelatec-jacking-rail-low-profile-pair-mustang-fastback/p/SFC7/

I used two of the long bolts (per rail) that were on the car already and two of the shorter bolts (per rail) that were provided. You do have to cut a small section on each side to reveal the exiting bolts and other bolt holes as Tunica has stated. I also thought this was less than ideal, but when doing it the cutting was not a big deal at all as seen in the video.
Install video from CJ Pony Parts:

When doing my install, I immediately did see that the protection board screws (can't remember how many on each side) were being covered when the jacking rails were installed. I can feel the side of the protection board screws with my finger in the small space above the jacking rail, but I cannot tell if the rails actually touch the protection board screws normally or by the weight of the car while jacked using the rails. I am curious and the next time I jack up the car I will check if there is any contact between the rail and the screws. Contact or not, I do not see how the protection board screws can be removed without first removing the jacking rails should you need to.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
We will be doing a video on the 650 convertible when available - but this our support video for the 650:

Sponsored

Reactions: DCS