• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Ford has said a word about this isue? @Ford Motor Company

Could create a problem covering the holes?
No, Ford will not acknowledge the issue nor will they. I’ve covered the holes and I’m confident that it will not create ( but do what you are comfortable with)any issues. I have a lift and work on our vehicles so the under chassis is something I look at anyway.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
UPDATE. The template from Woobar was pretty much spot on. Got some rubber sheets, cut out the patches, punched some holes, already have a bunch of automotive push pins and black self-drilling screws, the installation was pretty easy. Did have to remove the front tires, no biggy (be glad when I get the jacking rails installed), I feel much better now knowing the issue has been thwarted. Thanks Woobar

Last edited:

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
UPDATE. The template from Woobar was pretty much spot on. Got some rubber sheets, cut out the patches, punched some holes, already have a bunch of automotive push pins and black self-drilling screws, the installation was pretty easy. Did have to remove the front tires, no biggy (be glad when I get the jacking rails installed), I feel much better now knowing the issue has been thwarted. Thanks Woobar
You are welcome RLE55, so glad it worked for you! Enjoy...and the jacking rails are very helpful.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...and the jacking rails are very helpful.
Yes they are, had them on my road racing S197 and they were very useful. Also have the Quick-Jacks, uncertain yet if I'll use them on the S650 or not.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are welcome RLE55, so glad it worked for you! Enjoy...and the jacking rails are very helpful.
FYI for anyone considering the Steeda Jack rails for the convertible, I tried a pair out last fall and they fit but the bowed to the point that they would come in contact with the head of the screws at the perimeter of the protection board. I sent them back and they were great about it. Even if I went without the the protection I’m sure they would have deflected to the point of coming in contact with the chassis. The bolts in the kit were not correct in length, the 650 has the additional brace coming off the K member. The rails mount at that location. The kit was for the 550, perhaps they have made modifications by now?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
FYI for anyone considering the Steeda Jack rails for the convertible, I tried a pair out last fall and they fit but the bowed to the point that they would come in contact with the head of the screws at the perimeter of the protection board. I sent them back and they were great about it. Even if I went without the the protection I’m sure they would have deflected to the point of coming in contact with the chassis. The bolts in the kit were not correct in length, the 650 has the additional brace coming off the K member. The rails mount at that location. The kit was for the 550, perhaps they have made modifications by now?
Good to know, I have a set of Steeda jacking rails in my garage, I haven't tried to install them yet.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Emailed Steeda CS a few days ago and specifically asked for confirmation that what they were selling would fit the 2024 Vert, since their product ad shows up to 2023 models. Was told yes and that they will be changing their product add to include 2024 models. Hmmm

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Emailed Steeda CS a few days ago and specifically asked for confirmation that what they were selling would fit the 2024 Vert, since their product ad shows up to 2023 models. Was told yes and that they will be changing their product add to include 2024 models. Hmmm
It fits, but I personally was not OK with the amount of deflection the rail had, I never put the full load at the mid span and it was bendig a substantial amount. Enough where for sure the load would go to the head of the screws on the protection board.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It fits, but I personally was not OK with the amount of deflection the rail had, I never put the full load at the mid span and it was bendig a substantial amount. Enough where for sure the load would go to the head of the screws on the protection board.
I think i was the first to try the rail out on the 2024 for Steeda, perhaps they made some changes?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think i was the first to try the rail out on the 2024 for Steeda, perhaps they made some changes?
I've emailed Steeda CS again, noting some of the customer issues and asked if this product has been upgraded / improved.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I've emailed Steeda CS again, noting some of the customer issues and asked if this product has been upgraded / improved.
Not to derail - by chance are they robust enough to provide scrape and dent resistance when the unforeseen curbed occurs, if and when?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Hello All:

I am reviewing this with our internal team -I will let you know our findings.

Best Regards,

TJ

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Not fully understanding the origin of this jacking rail discussion, I am curious if the Steeda Jacking rails designed for the 2024 Mustang GT are at issue here of if this discussion is referring to the rails designed for the 2023 Mustang GT. I just ordered a set for my inbound GT.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not fully understanding the origin of this jacking rail discussion, I am curious if the Steeda Jacking rails designed for the 2024 Mustang GT are at issue here of if this discussion is referring to the rails designed for the 2023 Mustang GT. I just ordered a set for my inbound GT.
I just made the comment following someone else’s. The Jack rail for the convertible is different than the hard top, we have a convertible and the Jack rail I purchased last fall was for the 2023, Steeda was unclear if it would work or not and made that clear. They also asked for my feedback. Upon installing, there were some differences which could be worked around, however there was a great deal of deflection( it bowed) to the point that it would have bottomed out a against the head of the screws that held the protection and it was something that I personally did not feel comfortable with. They took it back with what feedback I had to offer.
Sponsored