• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Dropped off my vehicle this morning to get some warranty work done. I told the body shop front desk person about the opening in the front wheel liners. It was notated on my work order sheet. Let's see if they get a response from Ford about it.
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I looked at mine and the holes are there, found a few small pieces of gravel, asphalt etc. Terrible oversight by engineers who decided to leave the opening!!! I "fixed" this with an old foam garden knee pad I had lying around. Simply cut a rectangle about 4 x 8 inches and slid about Âľ of it into the opening towards the center, then pulled it towards the fender until it's centered in the opening. Frame held it in place, albeit loosely, hasn't moved or came out at after driving 70+ mph! Bonus is the gray color blends quite well with the rest of the well cover!
Picture would be nice!

maybemaybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Honda Civic
bKX9sqZ.jpg

I had first thought I would remove the tire to install these but the tire needs to be in place in order to use the foam blocks to hold the part in place while the JB weld was curing. Because of this it was hard to get my hand in there to do a clean job, at some point I will remove the tire and put more JB weld over the edges to give it a better appearance.
You can always turn the wheel for better acccess while installing and then turn it back straight to have the foam block positioned against the tire for curing.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
That's true, the issue I had was that I wanted to run some PB on the edge with my finger, there was no way for me to maneuver my hand for that and putting the foam block on afterward would break the bead. They are in place and I feel confident they will protect that area. When it warms up in the spring I will clean them up a bit along with the areas behind the holes. I hope my post wasn't taken as a negative take on these parts, I like them and highly recommend them.

GTSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I installed my Hein kit hole covers today. Easy Peasey.
Figured it wouldn't take long for some aftermarket manufacturer to see a cash cow!! Where are they available? Thanks for any additional info you can give! đź‘Ť

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Figured it wouldn't take long for some aftermarket manufacturer to see a cash cow!! Where are they available? Thanks for any additional info you can give! đź‘Ť
Selling so good the price went up from $84. To $94. Not sure if the increase was to cover shipping costs. Either way great for DIY.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Dropped off my vehicle this morning to get some warranty work done. I told the body shop front desk person about the opening in the front wheel liners. It was notated on my work order sheet. Let's see if they get a response from Ford about it.
Any update on this?