• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The fact that the order priority for retail is above any dealer stock would suggest that Ford will always prioritize sold orders rather than stock orders.
For the Mustang, Ford built stock orders before retail orders.

Most of the Mustang production in May and June was specifically for dealers.
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
For the Mustang, Ford built stock orders before retail orders.

Most of the Mustang production in May and June was specifically for dealers.
Ah, ok, hadn't heard that. But hey, that's probably a good thing, let them practice on other cars right?

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Ah, ok, hadn't heard that. But hey, that's probably a good thing, let them practice on other cars right?
I believe this is normal. They want a new product on dealer lots for people to see and touch. Many of the Lightning trucks went to dealers and weren't available for immediate sale. Moving forward I anticipate Retail orders taking priority once they have some Mustangs on the lots for people to see.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I believe this is normal. They want a new product on dealer lots for people to see and touch. Many of the Lightning trucks went to dealers and weren't available for immediate sale. Moving forward I anticipate Retail orders taking priority once they have some Mustangs on the lots for people to see.
Hopefully!
I was told July 24th a few weeks ago, but now when i contact Ford through the chat, they say there's no date for my car at all. I'm a bit worried

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I just chatted with Ford, they said my car is still in production which changed into that on 5/31 according to the tracker. Yesterday it was still in "Body Shop" Today they said "Trim Line" but still no estimated delivery date which I don't really care I am just happy I am one of the lucky ones at this point after reading everything that is going on with certain packages.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Also what does it mean that they only "planned for 13%"? They can only do 13% of them this year? 13% for the entire lifecycle of the S650?
the secondary paint shop can't process more than 13% of main line rate. Since it costs quite some millions to build a paint-shop, they are unlikely to invest the money. So NP optioned cars are in a world of hurt and get pushed WAY back in the priority queue.

Ford needs to call an audible and give orders the option to toss the black roof but keep the rest of the content.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
the secondary paint shop can't process more than 13% of main line rate. Since it costs quite some millions to build a paint-shop, they are unlikely to invest the money. So NP optioned cars are in a world of hurt and get pushed WAY back in the priority queue.

Ford needs to call an audible and give orders the option to toss the black roof but keep the rest of the content.
Well that just seems too sensible

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how about it @Ford Motor Company , you guys have any brains over there in HQ? Anyone paying attention?

Maybe we need to set up a letter writing campaign or one of those petition.org thingies.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You're bold, directly calling out Ford like that...
I worked for Ford's CSD years ago.

Trust and believe, the people (yes people, as there are likely multiple either CSRs or "Executive Liaisons" managing the account) responding on the forum are not paid nearly enough to stress over our comments (they're not even Ford employees) and I guarantee no executives are following/using that account.

Unless you were legitimately threatening physical harm against Bill Ford or plotting a terroist attack at WHQ, you're not going to get a reaction (and no, I'm not endorsing either of these things).

The rare times they do respond, they're given templates with boilerplate language to use that has been cleared by Ford's legal team.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If all you NP guys write a letter "Free my Night Pony" or "NP Libertas" with your order number, or something and send it US Mail signature required to ATTN Bill Ford, C/O VP Ford Customer Relations (Mustang) that'll get someone's dander up!

The mail room will be pissed but you can imagine the drama when he dumps one of those sorter trays FULL of the same basic letter on the VP's desk.

Otherwise make some large signs and a dozen of you go march back and forth in front of the main doors at HQ. The security didn't look like much... Sure, the Ford Security will ask you to move along after a bit it'll get some attention.

Direct Action people! Take to the streets!
Hey, it worked for Moses.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Retail orders. They didn't say how many total stock orders there are.

The vast majority of mustang owners/buyers go to a lot and buy one, not make a custom order like we are. But I agree it seems low. He did say it excludes the Dark Horse from that total.
Iā€™m just over here grinning from ear to ear, glad Iā€™m one of those 2100 and knowing Iā€™ll have my car in less than three weeks.šŸ˜‚

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Iā€™m just over here grinning from ear to ear, glad Iā€™m one of those 2100 and knowing Iā€™ll have my car in less than three weeks.šŸ˜‚
I can't tell if you're joking or not?

You won't get your car in less than 3 weeks if you're one of the retail orders being scheduled right now. Likely not until late August, early September.
Sponsored