• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
That’s the crazy part to me when I was doing some comparisons. Shelby’s base GT is at the same price level as the ford performance cars. Look at any comment section and those who aren’t in the know think the Shelby American cars are “fake” now compared to their FP counterparts which is a weird thing.
i honestly think Shelby is just missing its target with some areas they advertise as "authentic Shelby", the whole 830+hp bit isnt Shelby, its Whipple, and RTR will have that for cheaper in time, the exhaust they liked to talk about, its just the Borla system that can be had for 3k with a Dark Horse rear valence, or as a part of the FP800s.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
They could have ended the discussion with a DCT, but seven as-is, the SS is a winner.
Has Shelby *ever* replaced the OEM auto transmission in the past? That's not like changing suspension bits or adding FI.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Based on the small group discussion we had with the brand manager at Barber's, I am still convinced there will be no mustang in S650 wearing Shelby coming out of Ford directly like the GT350 or 500. I think this will wear either Cobra or a DH variant such as DH 500 or something along those lines. Ford is pushing Ford Performance...not Shelby.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm really hoping for a Mustang GT based on the GTD, but all steel/aluminum body for lower cost and with a manual transaxle. Most of the part designs are available and just need to be set up for higher volume production at a lower cost.

Yes, Ford could take the Dark Horse, add a supercharger and necessary peripherals and release that. Lots of people would love it. I usually prefer NA and lighter weight.

Or Ford could take a performance version of the 7.3, stuff it in a Mustang and call it Boss 429. If it is done really well and priced right I might be interested.

Hybrid or AWD - not why I buy Mustangs. I would be really disillusioned with Ford if they did either of those with the Mustang. And the Mustang is already PLENTY heavy enough. Well, AWD maybe if Ford built a 1,200 HP twin turbo crazy beast, but I wouldn't be a buyer of any AWD Mustang no matter how insanely high the power was.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'm really hoping for a Mustang GT based on the GTD, but all steel/aluminum body for lower cost and with a manual transaxle. Most of the part designs are available and just need to be set up for higher volume production at a lower cost.

Yes, Ford could take the Dark Horse, add a supercharger and necessary peripherals and release that. Lots of people would love it. I usually prefer NA and lighter weight.

Or Ford could take a performance version of the 7.3, stuff it in a Mustang and call it Boss 429. If it is done really well and priced right I might be interested.

Hybrid or AWD - not why I buy Mustangs. I would be really disillusioned with Ford if they did either of those with the Mustang. And the Mustang is already PLENTY heavy enough. Well, AWD maybe if Ford built a 1,200 HP twin turbo crazy beast, but I wouldn't be a buyer of any AWD Mustang no matter how insanely high the power was.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
Based on the small group discussion we had with the brand manager at Barber's, I am still convinced there will be no mustang in S650 wearing Shelby coming out of Ford directly like the GT350 or 500. I think this will wear either Cobra or a DH variant such as DH 500 or something along those lines. Ford is pushing Ford Performance...not Shelby.
Isn’t the Cobra name just a way of using Shelby without using Shelby if ya know what I mean? 😂

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Ironically I'm the opposite. I couldn't care less if they made an AWD hybrid setup with the GT as is, even with the inevitable weight increase. As is the GT has more than plenty of low-end torque for me, and the steering response and driving feel is ultimately why I'm considering a GT after my EcoBoost in the first place.

That said I do have a question: At what point does higher HP and torque become difficult to live with or drive regularly on a daily basis?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
YES! I was thinking about that car as well.

Ironically I'm the opposite. I couldn't care less if they made an AWD hybrid setup with the GT as is, even with the inevitable weight increase. As is the GT has more than plenty of low-end torque for me, and the steering response and driving feel is ultimately why I'm considering a GT after my EcoBoost in the first place.

That said I do have a question: At what point does higher HP and torque become difficult to live with or drive regularly on a daily basis?
High HP or torque is never a problem as long as the engine is naturally aspirated and the power curve is fairly linear. The throttle has an infinite number of positions between all the way up and all the way down. However, with a turbo you can get in trouble where the power comes on suddenly and takes you by surprise. Some older Porsches and Ferraris have reputations for being dangerous due to the nature of the turbocharged engines in them.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
High HP or torque is never a problem as long as the engine is naturally aspirated and the power curve is fairly linear. The throttle has an infinite number of positions between all the way up and all the way down. However, with a turbo you can get in trouble where the power comes on suddenly and takes you by surprise. Some older Porsches and Ferraris have reputations for being dangerous due to the nature of the turbocharged engines in them.
How about superchargers? Would they be similar to turbochargers in regards to throttle application or would they be more of an in-between with turbos and natural aspiration? And on that note, are there modern vehicles that use centrifugal supercharging as opposed to positive-displacement? (The last question is more of the sounds they make, but throttle application can also apply here.)

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

I don't see how the first part of your answer is 'the opposite' of what Hack said?

To your question:
It depends on the car. Older cars tend to handle more power worse than newer cars because they are overall less refined. 10, 20 or 30 years of development make a huge difference that's why modern cars can handle +1000hp and older cars struggle with 300+.
Look at all the modern +1000hp cars... Not known for being 'widow maker's'...

In today's car's it's really difficult to mess up and for people that do I think a Darwin award is well deserved. If you drive responsible and know your car it's quite easy to live with modern high HP cars.
I haven't driven the new Demon 170 with it's 1000hp but I haven't seen any videos of people complaining about it being to difficult to drive. However, if it's wet or icy and you turn into a corner you better not push the pedal to the metal... Know your and your car's limits ;)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Hood line looks like it’s missing the telltale supercharger lift.

hopefully twin turbo V8.

electric hybrid likely. But hybrid + TTV8 would be insanely awesome.

The GTD can be for the Ferrari folks that prefer a Mustang.

A twin turbo Ford DOHC V8 for the rest of us. Dont forget the DCT and the fattest, grippiest tires you can shoehorn in there.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't see how the first part of your answer is 'the opposite' of what Hack said?

To your question:
It depends on the car. Older cars tend to handle more power worse than newer cars because they are overall less refined. 10, 20 or 30 years of development make a huge difference that's why modern cars can handle +1000hp and older cars struggle with 300+.
Look at all the modern +1000hp cars... Not known for being 'widow maker's'...

In today's car's it's really difficult to mess up and for people that do I think a Darwin award is well deserved. If you drive responsible and know your car it's quite easy to live with modern high HP cars.
I haven't driven the new Demon 170 with it's 1000hp but I haven't seen any videos of people complaining about it being to difficult to drive. However, if it's wet or icy and you turn into a corner you better not push the pedal to the metal... Know your and your car's limits ;)
Hack said they'd be disillusioned if AWD/hybrid systems were implemented on the Mustang. I'd would be excited if they (ideally both in combination) made it, especially on the GT. Keep I'm more of the daily-cruiser type who occasionally likes to drive the car more spiritedly within the speed limit than the person who's well-versed with performance and trying to optimize everything around that.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
So no one thinks this is a Bullitt with the green cover? The Bullitt remake with Bradley Cooper is being filmed right now lol

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Last edited: