• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Ironically I'm the opposite. I couldn't care less if they made an AWD hybrid setup with the GT as is, even with the inevitable weight increase. As is the GT has more than plenty of low-end torque for me, and the steering response and driving feel is ultimately why I'm considering a GT after my EcoBoost in the first place.

That said I do have a question: At what point does higher HP and torque become difficult to live with or drive regularly on a daily basis?
That's a statement I never thought I'd read. The Mustang hasn't had any low end torque since before the 1996 model.
Sponsored

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Just had a chance to actually watch the video. That is definitely an AWD burnout in the video at 30:53.

The thing that makes me suspicious of an AWD burnout is that for the entire duration of that short clip of that burnout, the car was standing still. I don't know that an AWD car can do a standing burnout.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
The thing that makes me suspicious of an AWD burnout is that for the entire duration of that short clip of that burnout, the car was standing still. I don't know that an AWD car can do a standing burnout.
They do show this right before the burnout, and the line lock has been an option for the past couple of years.

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713797514917-o7

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Could they have switched the line lock to the rear and this is a front wheel only burnout? Could all the smoke that looks like it's coming from the rear tires actually being from the front tires?

Here are 3 different consecutive screen grabs to show the flow of the smoke better.

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713802318276-4q

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713802355422-1j

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713802381505-xu

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Could they have switched the line lock to the rear and this is a front wheel only burnout? Could all the smoke that looks like it's coming from the rear tires actually being from the front tires?

Here are 3 different consecutive screen grabs to show the flow of the smoke better.

1713802318276-4q.png

1713802355422-1j.png

1713802381505-xu.png
Now we know the reason for the wheel well aero

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
That is a RWD burnout.

Y'all are all reaching on the AWD. The 3 second snippet of the video shown at 60th anniversary event is from some Ford B-roll footage that's 6 years old. The video is a S550 Orange Fury Mustang demonstrating the "line lock" feature. You can see in the full video the wind blowing the smoke towards the front of the vehicle...giving the appearance of an "AWD burnout" at the anniversary event.

Source:

Last edited:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
That is a RWD burnout.

Y'all are all reaching on the AWD. The 3 second snippet of the video shown at 60th anniversary event is from some Ford B-roll footage that's 6 years old. The video is a S550 Orange Fury Mustang demonstrating the "line lock" feature. You can see in the full video the wind blowing the smoke towards the front of the vehicle...giving the appearance of an "AWD burnout" at the anniversary event.

Source:
Welp, it was fun while it lasted! 😅

Back to dreaming what could be for me...

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
That is a RWD burnout.

Source:
You are correct. Great catch.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
That is a RWD burnout.

Source:
Ford Authority is running with it. 😂

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Definitely ICE.

The way the back cloth seems to go beyond the rear sheet metal, could be a new convertible (Dark Horse convertible?). Otherwise a BOSS or Bullitt.

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
It could be a real hardtop coupe version. Historically Mustang has had coupe, convertible, and fastback models. With all the Fox Body nostalgia lately, a new generation Mustang LX could be cool.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Off-road Mustang is what i want! Anyone watch the newest Grand Tour through the desert in Africa? I’d sell my 24 in a heartbeat for a slightly lifted AT tire variant with the V8!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
It could be a real hardtop coupe version. Historically Mustang has had coupe, convertible, and fastback models. With all the Fox Body nostalgia lately, a new generation Mustang LX could be cool.
I wouldn't mind a traditional coupe alongside the fastback. But would the coupe have an actual usable +2 seat as opposed to what we have now? And how would it look? (Do the SN95/New Edge count as coupes or fastbacks?)