• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford dealer/warranty work and oil changes

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Are you serious, 21 screws??? WTH do we have to remove the whole bottom of the car?? Lol
front undertray is held on with 21 7mm bolts and 3 clips, that makes it actually possible to get to the oil filter
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
front undertray is held on with 21 7mm bolts and 3 clips, that makes it actually possible to get to the oil filter
Thatā€™ll be fun. And no I donā€™t trust that a tech will always put everything back correctly or even put the tray back on. Iā€™ve seen countless vehicles that had a cover of some sort and they were not put back on by the dealer or previous owner.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
With pictures. Thank You @Pyroguy .

I just got done with the first oil change on my Dark Horse. 1300 miles. What a huge pain in the ass. Ford did not make it easy! The whole under pan has to come off to get to the oil filter. And the strakes have to come half way off to get the pan off. 17 7mm screws and 5 plastic retainers. The 2 big ones in the middle will brake, so be prepared with replacements. Once it's off, then it's pretty easy, but then it all has to go back on.

Oil plug was not that tight.

The pan that I had to remove was full of rocks. And I have been very careful keeping it out of gravel. The rails behind the front tires were full of rocks. And the hard plastic pan under the radiator toward the front was full of rocks. I think I spent more time getting stones out than changing the oil. It drove me nuts.

Another observation...there were some tiny stones stuck in the soft tires. I haven't drove it in 2 weeks. I picked them out and they left disturbingly deep divots.

Anyone else change their DH oil yet?

20231103_142612.jpg

20231103_142659.jpg

20231103_163511.jpg

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
dealer lying to you with scare tactics to make a sale ā€¦this needs to stop ..even my dealer told me the same BS ..i told them to F@$& off my hands are capable
100% buddy, was thinking that same thing.

They are just trying to make an additional sale for servicing the vehicle. Why would someone ever pay $190 for a sub-par oil change where they use crap oil and may or may not leave a complimentary mess-up waiting to happen because they didn't tighten the filter all the way or ended up overfilling the oil capacity.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
IDK why they didn't install a trap door of some kind like on the S550. I understand the general principles of aero and all that, but you'd think they could arrive at a better solution versus having to remove the entire tray. Production cost savings, I'm assuming.

Like the battery cover pins, now, Owners will be buying clips and screws. :facepalm:

Last edited:

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Yep a lot of 7mm screws and cheap plastic clips

IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg
Are these push pins that can be purchased at the auto parts store, Amazon or my local harbor freight has a tray with 6-8 different kinds of push pins/connectors for $11 and I think there are 100 of them.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Are these push pins that can be purchased at the auto parts store, Amazon or my local harbor freight has a tray with 6-8 different kinds of push pins/connectors for $11 and I think there are 100 of them.
Either HF or Amazon. I purchased a kit on Amazon that has 100's of these little devils... The kit even came with a removal tool. Haven't used on s650, but every other car I needed a pushpin on I've found a replacement in the kit. Do a search. They are all basically the same so pick the one with most variety. Best wishes!

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
only 2 of the pins wonā€™t be reusable and they arenā€™t even needed with all the screws and other 2 pins. I didnā€™t replace them. I wouldnā€™t worry about it. 2 pins are the ones you pull the middle to loosen which are reusable and then two are those ribbed ones that usually are a PIA to get out and canā€™t be used again.

Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My rule is first service at the dealer.
itā€™s good to establish once

also most major issues will happen in that 1st 5-10k miles.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Will Ford still warranty a 24 EcoBoost if I use Mobil 1 full synthetic oil with their Motorcraft filter instead of the Motorcraft oil?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Will Ford still warranty a 24 EcoBoost if I use Mobil 1 full synthetic oil with their Motorcraft filter instead of the Motorcraft oil?
Yes.

The following excerpt is from the 2022 Ford Warranty Guide:

"It is your responsibility to make sure that all of the scheduled maintenance is performed and that the materials used meet Ford engineering specifications. Failure to perform scheduled maintenance as specified in the Ownerā€™s Manual will invalidate warranty coverage on parts affected by the lack of maintenance. Make sure that receipts for completed maintenance work are retained with the vehicle."

The Ford Pass App and CarFax will allow you to upload your own maintenance records, photos, etc. You do not have to use these apps. Keeping the receipts and a log book is just fine. Some kind of bread trail to show what you've been doing.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Are you serious, 21 screws??? WTH do we have to remove the whole bottom of the car?? Lol
The bottom engine cover to access the oil filter. I just did my oil this weekend. What a pain in the ass it was to have to remove that as well.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I plan on doing a video/images with all materials and methods used.
Sponsored