• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
🤣 i know you don't really think a $50b public company halted production on a flagship car because of a forum post
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230409_121137_YouTube
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230427_064749_Chrome
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230420_193307_YouTube
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230414_163258_WhatsA
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230420_110148_Chrome
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230414_223136_YouTube

But you agree with me that this does not look good for Ford when threads with pictures like this are the main topic for days on forums right?

Ford also wants to know what the main topic is between potential 7th Gen owners.

But I don't mind that people do not believe what the reason is why Ford is taking panel gaps serious right now.

The main thing is, we talked about it and now Ford is going to fix it.

You can give credit to me, to Ford or to your girl next door 😂
Sponsored

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Screenshot_20230409_121137_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230427_064749_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230420_193307_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230414_163258_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20230420_110148_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230414_223136_YouTube.jpg

But you agree with me that this does not look good for Ford when threads with pictures like this are the main topic for days on forums right?

Ford also wants to know what the main topic is between potential 7th Gen owners.

But I don't mind that people do not believe what the reason is why Ford is taking panel gaps serious right now.
The main thing is, we talked about it and now Ford is going to fix it.

You can give credit to me, to Ford or to your girl next door 😂
Man could be a politician with how obsessed he is with his own farts.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Man could be a politician with how obsessed he is with his own farts.
I know you don't agree with me.

But why do you always feel the need of quoting me and place the same comments over and over about how you dislike me as a person?

Am I that addicted to you?

If so, feel free to donate so I can afford one. 😂

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I know you don't agree with me.

But why do you always feel the need of quoting me and place the same comments over and over about how you dislike me as a person?

Am I that addicted to you?

If so, feel free to donate so I can afford one. 😂
Your comments are fascinating so I respond accordingly.

I also quote tons of people here, you are not the only person in the world.

Have a good day friend 👍

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
At the end of the day whether or not this website or S650 GT's thread about panel gaps made a difference I do agree that the gaps on the pre-production units is awful. I am thankful that Ford is taking the time to get it right. I am without a build date currently, but I'm good with extra time to get the little things right. Hopefully this is Ford's way of measure twice, cut once.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Yep, there are always two extreme sides.

People who like German cars and hate on everything that is not German.

People who like Americans cars and hate everything that is not American.

I am not on one of those extreme sided. I'm like many others who appreciate all good looking and good sounding cars. It could be from any brand.

But people like me gets a lot of hate from everybody, because I don't choose any side.

And besided me there are more people in between than people who are an extreme European of American car lovers.

Those people including me love the Mustang and put them on the same level as a Audi RS5, BMW M4, Mercedes AMG.

Pricewise, the Mustang is way cheaper. But I don't care about the price. I care about how I feel where the car belongs.

A Mustang is just a badass looking car. Especially in Europe where this car is a unique species.

When driving in the US, you see Mustangs every second, so it's not really that special.

It's the same as how I see German cars. I see them the whole day, every day. Nothing special because everybody has them.

This is something psychologically. We want to have something different to feel unique.

But you also see a lot of channels on YouTube where Mustangs get compared with BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's top models. Especially Carwow and this very famous Canadian channel which I forgot the name of.

There is no single car in the world that is as famous as a Mustang.

And that's why I car a lot about these panel gap problems. Some people see that as hate, but it isn't.

Think of this. You bought a brand new car. You are very happy with that car. You are driving months with that car and you feel very proud. Than some guy came to you and he pointed out all these panel gaps that you did not see.

That feels bad right? Probably many people did not even noticd these gaps until someone else showed it to them (me).

It not a personal attack. It was just to let people know that we should not accept these flaws so that Ford would fix this issue.

Mustangs have these problems since day one, but now, they finally are going to do something about it.

Not because we closed our mouth and ignored the issue.
They are going to do something about it because people are noticing these problems and adressing them here on the forum.

So yeah, the Flat Rock plant has some delays now, but it's for a good reason.

Now you guys will have good panels on your brand new car.

Let me open a gofundme link so you guys can donate a Dollar for me to buy a Mustang here in Europe that costs 120.000 USD :(
Thanks for binging up the panel gaps. I too noticed. But figured Ford would fix it themselves with the production models. Which it seems, thankfully they are. If a forum or comments on a video made that happen then GREAT!!

Your Canadian YouTube channel is probably “Throttle House” and they have always been impressed with the Mustang, especially because of what you get for the price.

I too am also one of the people in the middle. I love cars in general, especially new versions of sports cars. I love them for the looks, sounds, and visceral feeling you get from driving them or even watching a video of someone else driving them.

Good post!

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Thanks for binging up the panel gaps. I too noticed. But figured Ford would fix it themselves with the production models. Which it seems, thankfully they are. If a forum or comments on a video made that happen then GREAT!!

Your Canadian YouTube channel is probably “Throttle House” and they have always been impressed with the Mustang, especially because of what you get for the price.

I too am also one of the people in the middle. I love cars in general, especially new versions of sports cars. I love them for the looks, sounds, and visceral feeling you get from driving them or even watching a video of someone else driving them.

Good post!
Thanks man. And yes! That's the one, throttle House. They make fun and good car reviews and indeed, I see a lot of Mustang content on their channel.

Let's hope Ford takes the panels serious this time so we can enjoy the car more!

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Hear me out gents...

What if they gave us a choice? New QC along with the new prices...

OR

Old, typical Ford build quality...AND old, typical Ford prices!

Oh boy, I know which I'd choose lol!

#cheaplifebaby :crackup:

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Hear me out gents...

What if they gave us a choice? New QC along with the new prices...

OR

Old, typical Ford build quality...AND old, typical Ford prices!

Oh boy, I know which I'd choose lol!

#cheaplifebaby :crackup:
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues Screenshot_20230508_170702_Chrome

Yeah, a Mustang GT for 26k with panel gaps are fine by me as well.

But we pay double bro. Prices always go up. That's how life is when paying with money that decreases it's value every day.

Money is the worst investment ever. Turn money into bricks or gold to hold the value safely.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Everyone focuses on the body panels, that's an obvious fix.

I'd like to know more about the valve/cover issue, i haven't seen anything real (not speculative) about this one.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I thought you were joking about your thread being the tipping point but you're serious about this lmao

Mustang fans have been complaining about Ford's inability to assemble these things since first deliveries of S550s. Hundreds of threads and probably thousands of comments inside and outside of M6G/M7G

But every thread's appreciated since Ford's QC truly is unapologetically subpar
Exactly!

I have been complaining to friends and on 6G about this since the first S550s (which ironically had “Show Car” Placarded on the Hoods on the Production Line) started reaching Venues.

When I first Saw the Car at a Show, I noticed some Alignment Problems, but thought, for sure, they’d Fix it in Post!

When I went to pick up my LE, while waiting for Dealer Prep, I was wandering around the lot and saw the Rear Bumper Cover of a new 550 separated from the Quarter Panel. I pounded it back in place.

I initially didn’t notice all the alignment problems on my car until I got it home and was embarrassed when a friend pointed out the Left Side Rear Window Drop at the Top. S650s Still have it.

I think the main problem is the main Chassis that everything attaches to. If it isn’t Stamped and Assembled Correctly, everything attached to it is susceptible to misalignment.

Everything is supposed to be New to S650, but maybe some Bad Old 550 DNA is left in the Basic Building Blocks.

You’ve got the Whole Thing Designed on a Computer, Transferred to a Clay Model and then Tweaked back in the Computer. Everything should go together Flawlessly.

Unfortunately, S650 Design and Production Tooling is in the Books and there will probably Never be another ICE Version Designed From Scratch that will have learned all the Lessons from Previous Mistakes.

Let’s just Hope they can get their Panel Hanging Skills Improved enough to Overcome the Bad Bones they’re Attached to. Because I don’t think Ford is Willing to Spend any more Money on the Chassis and Production and Assembly Tooling for 6G/7G!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I thought you were joking about your thread being the tipping point but you're serious about this lmao

Mustang fans have been complaining about Ford's inability to assemble these things since first deliveries of S550s. Hundreds of threads and probably thousands of comments inside and outside of M6G/M7G

But every thread's appreciated since Ford's QC truly is unapologetically subpar
Also thinking a multi-billion dollar company stopped production, told workers to go home, halted supply and shipping lines, marketing, forced dealers to wait, wasted hours on building maintenance, power, sales, and god knows how many other things just because of a single forum post.

Take your pills 😂😂😂
Sponsored