• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First mod for your S650 will be... ?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
replacing the stock tires with something actually good (PS4S) in the widest that can fit
and maybe a custom resonator delete

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Yes! Same to both. Probably wait a bit on the res delete. Front bumper and the area in front of the rear tires will get PPF almost immediately if I get a dark horse with handling pack. Large, sticky fronts just PELT that area.

If I ever get one res delete, PPF the absolute first mods :)

If only one thing then PPF

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Depending on whether or not it fits (I'm kind of assuming it will), the first thing I would do would be a resonator delete and replace it with the Ford Performance Boss style side exit X-pipe. It's expensive, but it sounds fantastic, IMO.

Last edited:

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Swapping the Trofeo RS tires on the Dark Horse for some less aggressive Michelins.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
If I get the DH: I would defintely change the plastic piece underneath the headlights.
If I get the GT: I would paint the lower grill and side air intakes in glossy black as well since Ford is not capable in doing that. I would also change the quad exhausts as they appear to look smaller because of the big ass diffusor. Speaking of which, I think I would also get the diffusor done in glossy black, same with the DH.

From the interior I would foil all chrome applications into glossy black or carbon fibre. The DH already has that equipped as standard model. In my current model I have also some plastic parts (such as A pillars) redone in Alcantara, but this really depends if Alcantara is on board or not. Since my GT 55 years have Alcantara seats and door trim panels, it made sense and it complemented it well.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT 5.0, 16 C7 2LT, 17 SS 50th 'vert, all sold.
Be it DH or ZL1 it'll be...

Paint correction, ceramic coating, then PPF (or whatever order they get done these days!)

Some "cold weather" rims / tires (DWS06, MP A/S, etc).

If it's a DH, then after a year or so see what shakes out with the FI crowd, Whipple, Roush, ProCharger, etc

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
DWS06 are what will go on whatever I get next when it needs tires. Good marks in every department.
Be it DH or ZL1 it'll be...

Paint correction, ceramic coating, then PPF (or whatever order they get done these days!)

Some "cold weather" rims / tires (DWS06, MP A/S, etc).

If it's a DH, then after a year or so see what shakes out with the FI crowd, Whipple, Roush, ProCharger, etc

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT 5.0, 16 C7 2LT, 17 SS 50th 'vert, all sold.
DWS06 are what will go on whatever I get next when it needs tires. Good marks in every department.
Had them on my C7, my only "negative" was the sidewall is a bit soft compared to the competition. Actually made for a more compliant ride, to be honest. But 100% agree, a great cold weather capable performance tire.

BFG Comp 2 A/S+ were sort of the middle ground between DWS06 and Mich Pilot A/S in terms of "feel" / handling. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of those 3.

Cory1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Fatboy, JK Wrangler, 85' Square Body
I want to do exhaust, no active exhaust for me. I'll pick up the lost ponies and sound awesome all the time. I don't want a quiet mode, that's letting THEM win!
Sponsored