• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Hey all, after hesitating for a while, I'm feeling the itch to do some exterior mods on the Ghost to break up some of the white. I've already added black Nite Pony badges, and the car is tinted. But now I'm thinking I need some striping. First photo is the tinted car. Second is of a concept I created in Photoshop. I added a black roof, mirror caps, and spoiler. I also added a Dark Horse-like center stripe that ends at the heat extractor and some black below the headlights. All of this would be in gloss black. I was hoping to see what you all think of the concept.

If I move forward, I'm not sure if I should paint or do wrapping (or a combo of both). My car lives outside in the SoCal sun, and on my last Mustang, I had wrapped racing stripes that left "tan lines" once the stripes were removed. That's why I'd probably want to go paint. But at the same time, it's permanent, so pros and cons. Maybe I'd just paint the roof, mirror caps, and spoiler, and do the stripe and headlight accents as wraps.

EDIT: Added a third option without bumper accents.

S650 Mustang Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car Ghost Concept Before

S650 Mustang Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car Ghost Exterior Concept 1

S650 Mustang Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car Ghost Exterior Concept 1B

S650 Mustang Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car Ghost Exterior Concept 1A
Sponsored

Last edited:

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
To start with, the car looks great!

black (roof + mirrors + spoiler) looks nice.

the rest (hood and bumper) mmmm not so much in my opinion, it ruins the car front fascia and design.

My suggestion, do the first half first, it might satisfy you, before doing hood and bumper afterwards. Also wrapping sounds like a better idea than painting. Just pick a good brand to avoid damaging paint on that roof.

Good luck!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Is a peel and blend easier than a repaint? Any plans for the trunk lid/rear?

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I too am not a fan of the bumper portion.

Not sure why the ‘tan lines’ matter. That could only happen if you ever remove the wrap; and since you cannot remove the paint, isn’t the equivalent of just leaving the wrap on?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I think it looks great personally. I think the NP package works really well with a white car and I dig the hood and bumper treatments.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I like the hood. The front makes the car look like a Honda civic.
That's what I was thinking as well. I like the hood and everything else, but the front fascia is not for me.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I love the clean look of all white. Leave the stripes where they belong ... back in the 1980's.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback. Here's an alternate take without the bumper accents.

S650 Mustang Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car Ghost Exterior Concept 1B

S650 Mustang Should I Do This? Exterior Mod Concept for My Car Ghost Exterior Concept 1A

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's not a Dark Horse, Don't try to make it one.

The hood alone treatment does not look bad.

Looks really good as is... as well.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about the trunk? Hood,roof, mirrors and trunk and forget the strips is the way I would go.
No trunk, just the spoiler to carry the backside of the car.

It's not a Dark Horse, Don't try to make it one.

The hood alone treatment does not look bad.

Looks really good as is... as well.
I'm trying to give it its own identity more than anything else. I passed on DH because of lack of red interior. I agree it does look good as is, but I have the itch to up the aggressive factor.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No trunk, just the spoiler to carry the backside of the car.

I'm trying to give it its own identity more than anything else. I passed on DH because of lack of red interior. I agree it does look good as is, but I have the itch to up the aggressive factor.
Can not fault you there brother.. I am trying to break up my Carb Grey as well.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
After a day to think about it, I like it. Very subtle but still stand apart. Go for it bro.
Sponsored