• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It wasnā€™t ā€œpromisedā€ but all the early reviews of the car had Ford saying early summer so that is fair to expect that car by then
Was it actually *FORD* who was quoted saying that, or was it the reviewer / journalists / social media personalities speculating it would be early Summer?

Big difference between the two...

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
There really is no pleasing people. Say they shipped them right away before the quality was where it should be, then youā€™d be complaining that they shouldā€™ve fixed everything before shipping them out. But now they hold them to make sure the quality is good and people are mad they arenā€™t shipping.
Who said anything about shipping them right away. I noted that they are sitting on $150+mm of inventory that is presumably now being held for a marketing plan (media drives) not QC, otherwise they wouldn't have left the plant.

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Was it actually *FORD* who was quoted saying that, or was it the reviewer / journalists / social media personalities speculating it would be early Summer?

Big difference between the two...
Jim Owens Mustang Brand Manager

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
He said it at the Carlisle Ford National in an interview I watched on YouTube in June.
I know he's the de-facto face of the Mustang at Ford, but I suspect he was speaking out of turn when giving that time frame and probably regrets doing so in hindsight. :giggle:

He did a good job of dodging the question about price though, lol.

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I know he's the de-facto face of the Mustang at Ford, but I suspect he was speaking out of turn when giving that time frame and probably regrets doing so in hindsight. :giggle:

He did a good job of dodging the question about price though, lol.
The most recent reviews have him saying just summer now lol

GoofyNoober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Getting real annoyed.
We were told by YouTubers/ford chat that our cars should be arriving or at least on their way to the dealerships later this week or early next week but I see no real movement.

my car was produced 6/8 and been sitting at the lot for almost 2 MONTHS! Donā€™t want to be a Karen, but damn. No updates no nothing.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
You would never know they were hail damaged. I just had a car repaired from damage, you can't even tell. No holes drilled, either. My current Mustang apparently had shipping damage that was fixed. Found out years later when body shop took it apart to fix something. They said they fix cars all the time from shipping damage.
Picture attached from marble sized hail. Can't see anything on car now.

rt quarter panel2.jpg
Yeah and everyone of those dents has been pushed out from the inside removing the E-coat and leaving little scratches that can corrode. No thanks.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
I think it is time to retire or rename this thread.

It keeps popping up like Click Bait, and I keep falling for it!

Damn it, I just want my car...

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Getting real annoyed.
We were told by YouTubers/ford chat that our cars should be arriving or at least on their way to the dealerships later this week or early next week but I see no real movement.

my car was produced 6/8 and been sitting at the lot for almost 2 MONTHS! Donā€™t want to be a Karen, but damn. No updates no nothing.
Only two months? :)

All I can say is: This appears to be how it works nowadays. Example: The Bronco fiasco had people waiting YEARS. In my case I waited 676 days. But at least mine didn't sit on "dirt mountain" like other Bronco owners. Ford had some issues, just parked them in a dirt lot in Ypsilanti or something.

I thought they were done with that, but just looked. There continue to be threads about it. Never ends. No idea what challenges they are facing, but this appears to be how Ford runs their business.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/yours-could-be-here.77044/#post-1980346
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dirt-mountain-3-0.75152/
Multiple threads before this. Some people had to wait 6+ months as their Broncos just sat there.

So, Bronco: 676 days after reservation. 484 days after my SECOND order (when I got pushed to the next model year). I don't know how many days from my first order. 57 days to get it once it was produced, including 30 days just sitting in a railyard somewhere. They are optimizing for shipping cost and overall efficiency. NOT to minimize individual vehicle time waiting or exposure to elements.

FWIW, Ford is not alone. When I bought my GM I had to wait 156 days after it was built (319 after ordering). It was *built* and just sitting in Lansing, with many others, for 5 months. GM just didn't ship them. No idea why.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Getting real annoyed.

Who said that they would be released at those times?