• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I've always operated under the assumption that late August would be when I saw my car at the earliest. My dealer straight up said "expect 18 weeks minimum before the car gets shipped, then expect another 10 days for us to get it and prep it for you" when I ordered back in March. Which had my early expectations at mid August. So I personally don't see why everyone is so antsy for it.

Then again I do still have my 2010 gt premium that I still enjoy driving in the meantime, not everyone is as lucky as me.
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Yes!
I figured late June early July.
1 major factor for me in ordering was to be driving a 2024 for a good chunk of 2023 all summer, I donā€™t even get built until AUG.
Definitely dampening my summer for sure.
So who promised it? Heck, we all knew the ordering banks wouldn't even be open until spring.

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Well Ford, I think you have options now. People who don't want to wait can get their cars starting next week, and people who find their mental health and peace of mind in waiting can get their cars by next 4th of July. Everybody wins

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I'm afraid that was self-inflicted then. Since the absolute EARLIEST any of these cars would hit the market was "early summer", that would have meant you got one of the very first units assuming absolutely no delays. But realistically, all the first units (at least several hundred to a couple thousand) are dealer pre-configs that they work out all the kinks on, then retail orders, so August at the earliest seems pretty realistic for retail orders, with only a small couple-week delay from the "early summer" claim.

I don't blame you though. I also thought I would have my car this summer, but I had assumed August at the earliest from the beginning. I'm sure I secretly hoped all the stars would align and I would get it in July, haha...

I'm not even scheduled for September so I will likely not see my car until actually 2024 :)
Thats not entirely true out of all of the orders that my dealer has including stock orders I have the earliest eta and he is expecting my car to be on the first truck that gets to him. So early summer is fair to expect for people who placed their orders on the first day since that is the timeline they gave us. On top of all of that our cars are built they are just sitting there so we are mostly frustrated about why are they not being shipped if they werenā€™t built because of QC issues then that would be a different story.

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
So who promised it? Heck, we all knew the ordering banks wouldn't even be open until spring.
It wasnā€™t ā€œpromisedā€ but all the early reviews of the car had Ford saying early summer so that is fair to expect that car by then

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Thats not entirely true out of all of the orders that my dealer has including stock orders I have the earliest eta and he is expecting my car to be on the first truck that gets to him. So early summer is fair to expect for people who placed their orders on the first day since that is the timeline they gave us. On top of all of that our cars are built they are just sitting there so we are mostly frustrated about why are they not being shipped if they werenā€™t built because of QC issues then that would be a different story.
Why exactly do you need to know what is holding them back?
The car is being held, thats all there is to it. You should be excited that your car exists and just waiting for whatever it is that is being held back.

We are going though something similar at my job. We let customers know there will be a delay but we are not going to get technical and explain our operational procedures, just that we are actively working on the issue, which I guarantee Ford is also doing.

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Why exactly do you need to know what is holding them back?
The car is being held, thats all there is to it. You should be excited that your car exists and just waiting for whatever it is that is being held back.

We are going though something similar at my job. We let customers know there will be a delay but we are not going to get technical and explain our operational procedures, just that we are actively working on the issue, which I guarantee Ford is also doing.
Donā€™t need anything technical, just ā€œbeing held for QCā€ or ā€waiting on regulationsā€ and an actual reliable ETA of shipping this is basic communication and not too much to ask. A lot us are making life decisions based on this car arriving when we were told.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
It wasnā€™t ā€œpromisedā€ but all the early reviews of the car had Ford saying early summer so that is fair to expect that car by then
Your delivery date is based on media reviews? You are very optimistic.

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Your delivery date is based on media reviews? You are very optimistic.

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Not the reviewers Jim Owens (Mustang brand manager) is on recording several times in these reviews saying early summer

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Donā€™t need anything technical, just ā€œbeing held for QCā€ or ā€waiting on regulationsā€ and an actual reliable ETA of shipping this is basic communication and not too much to ask. A lot us are making life decisions based on this car arriving when we were told.
What kind of life decisions are you making? Anything bad that happens to you is not Fords fault if you go into financial woes over your own decisions lol šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
What kind of life decisions are you making? Anything bad that happens to you is not Fords fault if you go into financial woes over your own decisions lol šŸ˜‚
Not sure why everyone is trying to defend ford on providing zero information on our cars but for most people a car will be the second most expansive single thing they buy so itā€™s fair that it is a life decision especially if itā€™s that person only mode of transportation. Again I am only using Ford words if they never said early summer and said late summer instead then they don't need to provide info

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure why everyone is trying to defend ford on providing zero information on our cars but for most people a car will be the second most expansive single thing they buy so itā€™s fair that it is a life decision especially if itā€™s that person only mode of transportation. Again I am only using Ford words if they never said early summer and said late summer instead then they don't need to provide info
I'm not defending Ford I'm just questioning why the timing of a luxury purchase has such an impact on your life. If it really is that time sensitive maybe you shouldn't be buying a $60k item?

OP
OP

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I'm not defending Ford I'm just questioning why the timing of a luxury purchase has such an impact on your life. If it really is that time sensitive maybe you shouldn't be buying a $60k item?
Donā€™t know why timing has anything to with being able to afford the car
Sponsored