• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Hate to say it but I think a bunch of people on this forum are expecting wayyyy too much. You have an online tracker that shows your cars status, you have an online chat system and customer support from ford where you can get updates, you can contact your dealer. Idk what anyone really expects ford to come out and say other than “hey we’re making cars and we will release them in summer of 2023”
Oh wait they did say that…..

As for storms, shit happens and of course there will be delays if they have to fix 1000 cars. They aren’t shipping cause they aren’t ready to be sold. No amount of online ranting will change that.
First, I like how you sound a Ford's die-hard fan even though you have a Corvette on your profile picture. Second, the last person who was defending Ford like you waited 2 years for his vehicle, and another one stated that he serviced a 45 days sentence across the street of Ramp 59, and his car was still not shipped by the time he posted. You talk about tracker...well, a lot of us waited 2 months to get their trackers to work, and some of us (Canadian friends) have a produced cars since 2 months without any updates...and even without trackers. You talk about Ford Chat. It's obviously we're better informed than Ford Chat representatives who don't know what is a secondary status. Regarding hailstorms, when you have a hailstorm and exposed brand new cars in the same place, damage will happen, and I'm not planning to to pay a $70,000 for a refurbished car. Last, we are not a bunch of people. We are a customers who are paying their hard-earned money to make business with Ford.
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I kind of agree with Intersellar. I really don't see anything different from when I ordered my F150 years ago happening now.
As far as the hail thing is concerned it is not Ford's who needs to communicate with us, we are not buying from Ford we are buying from a dealership.
I'm sure Ford will not sell vehicles with hail damage.
And if there is then yes orders would get held up but can't do anything about mother nature.
If is does then I'm sure Ford will notify dealerships and dealerships should notify customers.

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
We can't start blaming Dealerships, mother nature, and ourselves for Ford's higher management mistakes. You know very well that when you build and customize a car from Ford, it's ford who control the whole process not the dealerships. And mother nature will tell you "Take precautions when I go crazy and put your brand-new car in an enclosed space."

And while we're thinking about PFF and Cermaic Coating and garages all the time to protect the exterior of our cars, these built cars have been sitting in the wild for 2 months...exposed for everything. We appreciate Ford's engineers and hard worker employees there, but we don't appreciate Ford's communication strategies. We need a fixed deadline. We can't keep waiting (without any clue) about when we're going to get the cars. Some of us live in cold states, and we specifically ordered the cars in March to enjoy a couple of summer weeks before the mother nature bury us with 10 ft snow.

and regarding your theory that Ford should notify the dealerships...not the customers, then why ford keep sending us an email every 45 days to tell us about the supply chain shortage, logistic shortage, and other shortages? If ford can update us about all that, then it can update us about the hail damage as well.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Super excited for all the drive impression vids this week!
Really excited for dyno/mod vids as well.

STANGMODE said he was taking delivery of his car this week so I think people will start getting calls pretty soon!

the hailstorm wasn’t bad, it was just a heavy rain, it’s a non issue… it rained.
The weather news media hype things for clicks.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Just came across this. Posted yesterday on another S650 forum! Looks like things are moving along!!!

S650 Mustang First 2024 Mustang orders being shipped to dealers now! Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 11.48.00 AM

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Super excited for all the drive impression vids this week!
Really excited for dyno/mod vids as well.

STANGMODE said he was taking delivery of his car this week so I think people will start getting calls pretty soon!

the hailstorm wasn’t bad, it was just a heavy rain, it’s a non issue… it rained.
The weather news media hype things for clicks.
I was looking at the hailstorm from my Window, and I took a couple of videos. But then I checked my neighbor's cars , and none was damaged. So we're good for last one, but there is another one coming today....and more coming starting Wednesday till next weekend. So I hope STANGMODE is right.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm not sure if you ever ordered a vehicle before but cars go from production to a waiting area before transport and sometimes wait over a month to ship, so like I said this is not new. While I understand your concerns they are being blown out of proportion.

What do expect Ford to do move all of the vehicles inside when a storm comes thru? Ship cars out before they are ready. As far as I have seen there is no set date of when the 24 Mustang was supposed to be released!

Having ordered vehicles in the past I knew I was not getting this car earlier than August. I'm really not sure what made anyone think that.

And it is not a Theory....If anything outside of what is listed on the tracker happens to your car Ford usually will contact the dealership. They have no obligations to contact you for something outside of what the tracker states. YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE VEHICLE FROM FORD!

And not everyone gets all of the emails from Ford, I haven't received the 45 day emails. I only have received the "order accepted email".

Like I said I don't see anything different from ordering pre-covid.

Like everyone else all we can do it wait and hope for the best when the car shows up at the dealership.

We can't start blaming Dealerships, mother nature, and ourselves for Ford's higher management mistakes. You know very well that when you build and customize a car from Ford, it's ford who control the whole process not the dealerships. And mother nature will tell you "Take precautions when I go crazy and put your brand-new car in an enclosed space."

And while we're thinking about PFF and Cermaic Coating and garages all the time to protect the exterior of our cars, these built cars have been sitting in the wild for 2 months...exposed for everything. We appreciate Ford's engineers and hard worker employees there, but we don't appreciate Ford's communication strategies. We need a fixed deadline. We can't keep waiting (without any clue) about when we're going to get the cars. Some of us live in cold states, and we specifically ordered the cars in March to enjoy a couple of summer weeks before the mother nature bury us with 10 ft snow.

and regarding your theory that Ford should notify the dealerships...not the customers, then why ford keep sending us an email every 45 days to tell us about the supply chain shortage, logistic shortage, and other shortages? If ford can update us about all that, then it can update us about the hail damage as well.

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
I'm not sure if you ever ordered a vehicle before but cars go from production to a waiting area before transport and sometimes wait over a month to ship, so like I said this is not new. While I understand your concerns they are being blown out of proportion.

What do expect Ford to do move all of the vehicles inside when a storm comes thru? Ship cars out before they are ready. As far as I have seen there is no set date of when the 24 Mustang was supposed to be released!

Having ordered vehicles in the past I knew I was not getting this car earlier than August. I'm really not sure what made anyone think that.

And it is not a Theory....If anything outside of what is listed on the tracker happens to your car Ford usually will contact the dealership. They have no obligations to contact you for something outside of what the tracker states. YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE VEHICLE FROM FORD!

And not everyone gets all of the emails from Ford, I haven't received the 45 day emails. I only have received the "order accepted email".

Like I said I don't see anything different from ordering pre-covid.

Like everyone else all we can do it wait and hope for the best when the car shows up at the dealership.
I ordered the 2015 GT 50 years appearance package. They said at that time it will be done in 3 months. It took the car only 10 weeks to be delivered, and it was a new model. So now you can be sure that I know about the production's process.

I'm not asking them to deliver the cars before they are ready. I'm asking that they deliver the cars because they are ready and awaiting shipment. For a guy who knows the process, you should know that the majority of Ford's reasons for holding the cars till now have nothing to do with the readiness of these cars. It's all distracting and stalling for a completely different reasons.

Regarding the weather, logic and common sense urge to speed the shipping process when the weather forecast shows there are a plenty of incoming hailstorms ….like this warning I just got for example:

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Southeastern Michigan
12 mins ago – National Weather Service
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a * Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Central Wayne County in southeastern Michigan... * Until 415 PM EDT. * At 316 ...

And regarding your theory, I can reassure you that a lot of us are getting emails about supply chain shortages...and if you ask our friends here, they can post you a lot of them. I'm not sure if you know that supply chain shortages has nothing to do with the tracker...but it doesn't. so if you didn't get an email, it doesn't mean we all didn't get emails, and if you like to wait forever, not all of us like to wait without a deadline.

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I'm disappointed with the apologists who expect so little. All the excuses are simply that. Companies have gotten very good at customer service and communication. And we can rightly ask the same of Ford, no matter how big a company it is (or maybe more so, because of how big it is), or how inconsequential someone thinks $60,000 is. Buy a diamond ring that has pictures of each phase being cut, polished and etc. Custom anythings with pictures, personalized notes, regular updates, etc. Amazon provides regular updates of status, including seeing where your package is when it's 10 stops away.

It's simply not asking too much for Ford to provide better communication, and it's ridiculous to think this is on the dealer more than the manufacturer. Expect more, not less -- it's how companies stay great.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
As far as the hailstorms last week, that was a freak event and very bad luck if anything. I'd bet money that it won't happen again this season.

What they saw across Metro Detroit (numerous / widespread reports of ping-pong to golf ball-sized hail) is extremely rare for that part of the country.

That said, as long as the cars are still in Ford's possession, I'm quite sure they have insurance for this stuff and no one will be receiving a car with weather damage. The reactions here are a bit over the top.

Last edited:

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I ordered the 2015 GT 50 years appearance package. They said at that time it will be done in 3 months. It took the car only 10 weeks to be delivered, and it was a new model. So now you can be sure that I know about the production's process.

I'm not asking them to deliver the cars before they are ready. I'm asking that they deliver the cars because they are ready and awaiting shipment. For a guy who knows the process, you should know that the majority of Ford's reasons for holding the cars till now have nothing to do with the readiness of these cars. It's all distracting and stalling for a completely different reasons.

Regarding the weather, logic and common sense urge to speed the shipping process when the weather forecast shows there are a plenty of incoming hailstorms ….like this warning I just got for example:

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Southeastern Michigan
12 mins ago – National Weather Service
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a * Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Central Wayne County in southeastern Michigan... * Until 415 PM EDT. * At 316 ...

And regarding your theory, I can reassure you that a lot of us are getting emails about supply chain shortages...and if you ask our friends here, they can post you a lot of them. I'm not sure if you know that supply chain shortages has nothing to do with the tracker...but it doesn't. so if you didn't get an email, it doesn't mean we all didn't get emails, and if you like to wait forever, not all of us like to wait without a deadline.

Yeah, Ford is holding all of the cars at staging areas just to make you cry. You seriously don't know Fords reason for why the cars are not at dealers so save the speculation. All it is doing is making you make outlandish comments that make no sense.
Like I stated there is NO SET DATE TO REALEASE THESE CARS TO THE DEALERS!

I would say if you ordered a 2015 the day order banks opened, and it took 10 weeks I have never heard of them being built that fast, maybe you are lucky and it cuts out some travel from train yard to dealership.

Again, it is pretty ignorant to think ford is going to just ship all cars just because there are storms coming.

You seriously need to calm down and just wait like everyone else without making up these conspiracy "theories"!

It is good entertainment. I admit I laughed really loud when I seen your rally call like you wanted us to go out there and build shelters for our cars or blow-up Fords hotline demanding them to ship them or move them to an indoor storage facility.

Supply chain shortages,if I remember started with the F150's and that is an issue that Ford can address via email! But keeping you up to date on when the car will show up at the dealer is not because again we don't have a SET date the car is to be sold to the public.

EVEN if Ford set a date it would be hard to keep at certain dealerships because of logistics. Some dealers out here have to wait for a 3rd party transport to move from the rail yard to the dealership.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I believe the fiasco that is the Bronco launch is what brought on the tracker (as well as the emails we get).
No the tracker was available well before the bronco launch. I remember the was even a time we could track the rail it was on in real time. And even the emails were before the Bronce launch.

That said, as long as the cars are still in Ford's possession, I'm quite sure they have insurance for this stuff and no one will be receiving a car with weather damage. The reactions here are a bit over the top.
100% correct.

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Yeah, Ford is holding all of the cars at staging areas just to make you cry. You seriously don't know Fords reason for why the cars are not at dealers so save the speculation. All it is doing is making you make outlandish comments that make no sense.
Like I stated there is NO SET DATE TO REALEASE THESE CARS TO THE DEALERS!

I would say if you ordered a 2015 the day order banks opened, and it took 10 weeks I have never heard of them being built that fast, maybe you are lucky and it cuts out some travel from train yard to dealership.

Again, it is pretty ignorant to think ford is going to just ship all cars just because there are storms coming.

You seriously need to calm down and just wait like everyone else without making up these conspiracy "theories"!

It is good entertainment. I admit I laughed really loud when I seen your rally call like you wanted us to go out there and build shelters for our cars or blow-up Fords hotline demanding them to ship them or move them to an indoor storage facility.

Supply chain shortages,if I remember started with the F150's and that is an issue that Ford can address via email! But keeping you up to date on when the car will show up at the dealer is not because again we don't have a SET date the car is to be sold to the public.

EVEN if Ford set a date it would be hard to keep at certain dealerships because of logistics. Some dealers out here have to wait for a 3rd party transport to move from the rail yard to the dealership.

So That's your logic:

So It's not ok for us to get an accurate time range about when we get the cars we ordered, but it's ok for Ford to hold the cars for as long as they want....counting on pushovers who are waiting for Santa to slip their cars inside their chimneys

And it's not ok for us to have concerns about the possibility of a hail damage to our cars, but it's ok for Ford to wait till these cars get damaged, and then take it as an excuse to further delays the cars for another year...counting on Insurance lovers and scammers to understand where Ford is coming from.

And it's not ok to think that Ford must ramp up the shipping process to avoid incoming weather risks, but it's ok for Ford to leave the cars sitting ducks for a hail storms....counting on discount lovers who doesn't have a problem buying a new car that's been "repaired"...for the right discount

Bottom line. Vehicles generally take 8 to 12 weeks from order to delivery. We're heading for the 16th weeks, and yet no set date for release. There is no micro ship shortage, there is no pandemic, there is no labor shortage. So unless Ford announces a reasonable reason for the delay, Mustang's enthusiasts will keep the pressure...while apologists will keep crying.
Sponsored