• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I work at a smaller company with less than 100 people. So everyone there knows I'm a Mustang guy. Everyone who has talked to me about the Mach E felt like the Mustang name was a negative. They didn't like that Ford named a 4 door SUV Mustang.

I feel that the name definitely created a ton more buzz and discussion of the vehicle, but I think some people will avoid buying because of the offensive name. So I kind of think the Mach E name is a double-edged sword in that way. Possibly over time as the good reputation of the Mustang dies away the negative effects of the name will also fade.
whats sad is that the confusing solution of the mustang name may end up contributing to the “dying away” which should never happen.

just build the BEST mustang sports car and don’t get greedy with pricing. It will be loved. And bought.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a sedan/sportback take on a Mustang. :headbang: (They don't even have to call it a Mustang and I'd still strongly consider getting one.)

That's my vibitude.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a sedan/sportback take on a Mustang. :headbang: (They don't even have to call it a Mustang, I'd strongly consider getting one.)

That's my vibitude.
you mean like the ‘97-‘93 Mustang GT?

That was the birth of the hot hatch I believe.

if it has more than two doors, better to call it something else though.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Because nothing you say will make an SUV a Mustang, and can't swallow that fact. It eats at you to know that you can't change someone's opinion on that fact. Welcome to the new world we live in where nobody is allowed to have a differing opinion without man-childs like you throwing fits.

Whether you like it or not, differing opinions are gonna happen. Deal with it, or find a rock to climb under.
Man-child 😂 please tell me more about myself. It’s not the differing opinions, it’s the fact that people are so closed minded and stuck in their own nostalgia of what a “Mustang” is. Since you are obviously so much more intelligent than I am, pllease do tell me what it is that makes a Mustang a “Mustang”.

Reactions: DRB

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Man-child 😂 please tell me more about myself. It’s not the differing opinions, it’s the fact that people are so closed minded and stuck in their own nostalgia of what a “Mustang” is. Since you are obviously so much more intelligent than I am, pllease do tell me what it is that makes a Mustang a “Mustang”.
Look dude, go back and read my posts as I already stated it, and I'm not going to do it again. This has nothing to do with being close minded. It has to do with conmon sense.

P.s. Design elements do not make an SUV a Mustang.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look dude, go back and read my posts as I already stated it, and I'm not going to do it again. This has nothing to do with being close minded. It has to do with conmon sense.

Sure I’ve got enough free time in my life to read through all of your posts to figure out what you think it is that makes a Mustang a Mustang. But you’ve made it clear now by repeating yourself that it’s not design elements that make a Mustang a Mustang, well at least that’s your opinion. And you say I’m the one that can’t accept differing opinions….

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
There's a word for this nonsense and it's not got anything with being a real fan or "respecting the heritage."

It's gatekeeping, pure and simple. Popular Internet sport.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Sure I’ve got enough free time in my life to read through all of your posts to figure out what you think it is that makes a Mustang a Mustang. But you’ve made it clear now by repeating yourself that it’s not design elements that make a Mustang a Mustang, well at least that’s your opinion. And you say I’m the one that can’t accept differing opinions….
One more and then I'm done.

*Nowhere* in any of my posts did I say I don't accept your opinion(s). I completely and totally disagree with them. That's all. I promise you, you're gonna be alright. It's not the end of the world because I disagree with your opinion on what a Mustang is.

But since you reply to everything based on emotion, I'll once again state what I think a Mustang is to sooth your emotional state.

A Mustang is a 2+2 coupe regardless of what it's powered by.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

this.
Again.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
ford tried this already, it was called the "probe". But if they had called it mustang, I'm sure it wouldn't have crashed and burned. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one and they all stink.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

*Nowhere* in any of my posts did I say I don't accept your opinion(s). I completely and totally disagree with them. That's all. I promise you, you're gonna be alright. It's not the end of the world because I disagree with your opinion on what a Mustang is.
So for one I’ve never stated what my opinion was on what a Mustang is, just have noted reasons why Ford has called the Mach-e a Mustang. So I’m not sure how you can disagree with them. Two, I’m asking you these questions so I can better understand your opinions, not because I disagree with them, because you see I just don’t instant disagree with what someone has to say, like you, I try to get a better understanding of how others see things.

But since you reply to everything based on emotion, I'll once again state what I think a Mustang is to sooth your emotional state.

A Mustang is a 2+2 coupe regardless of what it's powered by.
Now that I have a better understanding of what your opinion of what a Mustang is here are a few of my favorite mustangs…

S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. 3E05C087-771B-480A-B376-B2FBDC6BE9F5

S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. A0113CE8-D78F-4980-90E8-345A131D5131

S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. 07A73662-DDA5-4D1D-8327-2DFDE4A2DD70

S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. 5AB74D69-E43B-4E22-8DDE-F17943ACDF46

S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. 1F7AD6F7-12C7-4D01-998B-3B4A5687A44A

S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. 41D7CD02-D7D7-439F-893D-F2A3FBAD3EF3

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
So for one I’ve never stated what my opinion was on what a Mustang is, just have noted reasons why Ford has called the Mach-e a Mustang. So I’m not sure how you can disagree with
Because I *knew* when I posted (again) what I considered a Mustang, you were gonna have a man-child tantrum and post pics of various coupes. And imagine that, you did exactly that.

P.s. Design elements do not make an *SUV* a Mustang.

Get it?

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Until you don’t get the last word. And I’m the man-child?

Because I *knew* when I posted (again) what I considered a Mustang, you were gonna have a man-child tantrum and post pics of various coupes. And imagine that, you did exactly that.

P.s. Design elements do not make an *SUV* a Mustang.

Get it?
Get it? Yes I understand your opinion that you’ve stated for the 3rd time. But you clearly don’t get it. The point is our opinions don’t matter. Ford owns the name Mustang, so they can call whatever they want a Mustang and guess what? It’s a damn Mustang. The point in all of this is that they just didn’t slap the name Mustang on just any vehicle. They developed a vehicle that has clear links to Mustang design heritage. Another point I made with my previous response, because anyone who knows anything about Mustang wouldn’t confuse any of those vehicles with a Mustang (aside from maybe the 73 Celica GT since Toyota essentially copied design aspects from that era Mustang). When you see any 2+2 coupe driving down the road nobody says oh look at that Mustang, but there are specific design elements of certain 2+2 coupes(Mustangs) that differentiate it as a Mustang. So you are correct, design elements don’t make an “SUV” a Mustang, but Ford creating a CUV with clear design influence from the Mustang heritage and calling it a Mustang DOES make it a Mustang whether you like it or not. Get it? Nevermind, of course you don’t, and you probably never will.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Until you don’t get the last word. And I’m the man-child?

Get it? Yes I understand your opinion that you’ve stated for the 3rd time...
It is not a Mustang, it will never be a Mustang, and no matter how much you stomp around and play your semantic games, it is not going to change that fact.

And yes you're a child. You're not getting your way and you will not accept it.

P.s. #4 Design elements do not make an SUV a Mustang.

Jesus...
Sponsored