• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Experience with Recaro seats?

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Definitely sit in them prior to ordering. I'm 5'9" 170 lbs and the Recaros in the Mach 1 were literally painful to sit in because the side bolsters dug into my rubs. HOWEVER, the Recaros in the gt350 and Focus RS were very comfortable. I haven't sat in the s650 ones yet.

Since it could make or break the experience of owning the car, trying out the seats first is a must in my opinion.
Funny and my experience was opposite. I don't mind the Mustang Recaro but the Focus ST and RS and brutally uncomfortable for me. I haven't sat in a Recaro GT350 though.
Sponsored

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
I sat in a DH's Recaro seats and found them to be a bit uncomfortable...at 5'10'" and 215lbs, they were a bit snug...go find them and try them out first. As far as I know, the Recaro's in the Mustang are not adjustable for the boslters, etc.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I can drive in my Recaro's all day every day no problem. Somebody mentioned you lose mirror turn signals which isn't true in my case.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I can drive in my Recaro's all day every day no problem. Somebody mentioned you lose mirror turn signals which isn't true in my case.
i said that, but if you have mirror turn signals that means you only lose them on the Dark Horse if you get recaros, which is really weird. i saw a 600A and 700A DH with recaros, both lacked mirror turn signals

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
i said that, but if you have mirror turn signals that means you only lose them on the Dark Horse if you get recaros, which is really weird. i saw a 600A and 700A DH with recaros, both lacked mirror turn signals
Yeah, that's really strange, what an odd thing to cut out of the Dark Horse.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hi, I have to order my new Mustang and I am having doubts with Recaros or not Recaros... Dark Horse, blue ember with apparence package

Are they comfortable for long trips? everyday use?

On one hand I like how looks and the other hand I think I could miss the climatization.
I have the Recaros. I like them. Had the heated/cooled seats in my 2016 Mustang GT and, honestly, rarely used those features. The only thing I miss is the power adjustments, but I like the feel of the Recaros over the regular GT seats. YMMV

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have a 2021 GT500. I have a 35” waist, 6’1” tall. Wish I had the regular seats. The Recaro seats are hard to get in and out of. The regular seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever been in.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
I didn’t opt for recaros as I needed the heated and cooled. My focus ST has recaros has heated and I defo needed them. Recaros keep you bolstered around high speed corners and track days if your primary objective is track days and spirited drives only. I use my baby for everything! Recommended heated and cooled if also need the memory function! I have 3 different seating positions saved / one is for aggro spirited drives , ones for daily and one is for getting out and in 😂

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
I’ve had three gt350s. One with the comfort seats and two with recaros. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the comfort seats (heated/coollng) especially on long trips and I like the recaros. They don’t have lumbar support and aren’t comfortable on trips more than 3 or more hours but keep you locked in on twisty roads. If you have a big waist I’d go with the comfort seats.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Hi, I have to order my new Mustang and I am having doubts with Recaros or not Recaros... Dark Horse, blue ember with apparence package

Are they comfortable for long trips? everyday use?

On one hand I like how looks and the other hand I think I could miss the climatization.
Good luck trying to get an order in for a EU spec Blue Ember DH.
I've been told the order book for those is currently closed. I'm currently waiting to see how long i'll have to wait to get onto the waiting list to get onto the order book to find out how long i'll have to wait before they schedule to build it then wait for it to be built. At the present rate of progress i'll be lucky to see the car this year and it's only February.

They have only said so far it's an issue with the blue ember colour, but in eu spec the appearance pack is mandatory with that colour so it could be an issue with the pack.
Not sure if the USA is the same at present it just says 'limited availability' on their website but doesn't state which options are limited.

At 6"3' and 230lbs the recaro's were a no from me without even seeing them.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I am 6' 210 with broad shoulders and while they are extremely snug, I love mine and have no problems getting in and out. Now, I would have LOVED it if they had climate control, but for me at least, they are worth it even without it. I daily mine and have had no problems at all with them.

sjerven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
I am 6’2 and love the recaros. They look and feel great!
Obviously the seats should be power/heated, and I can assume it’s a cost reason why they aren’t.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm 6"4'' 235lbs and as stated love the Recaros.

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
You can't go wrong with the standard seats, they are super comfy,electrically adjustable, heated and ventilated (that's a godsend if you live in a place where it gets hot during the summer).
In Europe we don't have the memory function for some weird reason.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
I hated the Recaros. I'm 6'2, 225 and they squeezed the hell out of me. I was really excited because I found a '23 Mach 1 Premium still sitting on a lot brand new and was going to get it.

Sat in the Recaros and hated them. I wanted a Mach 1 so bad and was so excited for that car, but the seats were so uncomfortable I decided to get a 24 GT Premium instead.

If it was a summer car I wouldn't have cared as much, but it's my daily and I just couldn't do it with those seats.
Sponsored