• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Experience with Recaro seats?

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Hi, I have to order my new Mustang and I am having doubts with Recaros or not Recaros... Dark Horse, blue ember with apparence package

Are they comfortable for long trips? everyday use?

On one hand I like how looks and the other hand I think I could miss the climatization.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
you sacrifice power seats, heated and cooled seats, memory functions, and mirror turn signals for a seat that will hold you in place better on the track. the worst thing about them is how difficult it can be to get in and out of them, would not recommend for daily use

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Hi, I have to order my new Mustang and I am having doubts with Recaros or not Recaros... Dark Horse, blue ember with apparence package

Are they comfortable for long trips? everyday use?

On one hand I like how looks and the other hand I think I could miss the climatization.
you sacrifice power seats, heated and cooled seats, memory functions, and mirror turn signals for a seat that will hold you in place better on the track. the worst thing about them is how difficult it can be to get in and out of them, would not recommend for daily use
+1 for Roket's response here.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Heated and cooled seats is a must on a car over $50k in my opinion. Now why Ford can't do that w/ their Recaros like Chevy can is certainly a mystery but I will say I think the leather seats in my Stang are extremely comfortable.

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Mirror turn signals? I didn't know about this.

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Best advice: Sit in a DH or GT that has Recaros before ordering. My Dark Horse has Recaros, and I LOVE them. Zero complaints from my wife either. Weā€™ve taken a few road trips(no more than 2 hours) with no issue. Getting in and out hasnā€™t been a problem. I had owned 3 S550 Mustangs all without Recaros and wanted to try them on my DH, but I sat in them before ordering. They are definitely a tight/snug fit, but I wouldnā€™t trade them.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Had a '12 GT without RECAROs. It was OK. Ordered a '14 GT with RECAROs. Loved it (daily driving). Just ordered my '24 *with* RECAROs.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Heated and cooled seats is a must on a car over $50k in my opinion. I will say I think the leather seats in my Stang are extremely comfortable.
I second this...I have the 401A package and my seats are probably the best I've ever sat in. I love them! For me, not having heated and ventilated seats was too much sacrifice for a car I'm not tracking. The bolsters on the factory seats are still very good and hold me well on the twisty mountain roads here. Plus, they look great!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I love my Recaros - I just did a 1000 mile trip in my car a few weekends ago -

Did the entire trip in sport mode- Im older/ middle aged (49) and was comfortable driving....

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I love my Recaros - I just did a 1000 mile trip in my car a few weekends ago -

Did the entire trip in sport mode- Im older/ middle aged (49) and was comfortable driving....
I agree I do like my Recaros. I regretted not getting them on 2 other Mustangs.
I find they are really comfortable especially compared to other sport/racing seats.

I have never used heated or cooled seats in my Mustangs or any other of my vehicles that had them.

Best advice is to find a dealership that has 2 2024's with both seats and spend sometime in them. And ask yourself if you will have any regrets with each seat, then decide.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
I have Recaros and I would say about 150 miles per day would be my limit. Not a daily driver and I love them. More comfortable for passenger on mountain drives too.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've always found them comfortable but the lack of lumbar support is my reasoning for not ordering them. If they added lumbar, I'd totally get them.

AaronTV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2021 Bronco Reservation
Definitely sit in them prior to ordering. I'm 5'9" 170 lbs and the Recaros in the Mach 1 were literally painful to sit in because the side bolsters dug into my ribs. HOWEVER, the Recaros in the gt350 and Focus RS were very comfortable. I haven't sat in the s650 ones yet.

Since it could make or break the experience of owning the car, trying out the seats first is a must in my opinion.

Last edited:

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
I had read that the Recaros werenā€™t comfortable for bigger folks. Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€ with broad shoulders and lats so it was a pass. Plus I like heated and cooled power seats. Would be nice if the 401a seats would have adjustable side bolsters like my 1994 SHO Taurus had. But with airbags in the side bolsters that might not be feasible.
Sponsored